Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sony head "hopes" PS4 won't cost $599

This is a discussion on Sony head "hopes" PS4 won't cost $599 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ...

INTJ

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Uh oh, sounded like he was downplaying the look of the PS3 box! I don't know about you guys but my PS3 is not behind some cabinet it's on the middle of my entertainment center where everyone can see because it looks bad ass.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Idk abt Xbox owners but I'm COMPLETELY satisfied w/ my ps3 Especially after playing Metal Gear Rising, the graphics & gameplay are just amazing, still.

O_o

Of course, did anyone else feel that awkward tension when the price was announced for the PS3?

You could cut it with a knife.

Lvl 4 - Silver

well, we will just wait and see

Local Drunk

Well it's $900 here, hence why I'm not getting one at launch.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Venire, Videre, Vince

Sucks that the factory workers who will be making the PS4, will only see them but not even get a freebie to have!

Yeah price is high for some + not for others, but we shall see how the sales go at launch.

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

PRO Member

I would not buy one for $599. $499 is the max for me. Even after taxes, and electronic recycling fees, it would work out to $599 anyways here.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Well it's $900 here, hence why I'm not getting one at launch.
    That's a whole new level of ass rape. How do you put up with your situation? Like the increased costs, content restrictions, not to mention the hole in the ozone and all the poisonous shit? Either you have some powerful drugs or stuff like family, yeah?
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    That's a whole new level of ass rape. How do you put up with your situation? Like the increased costs, content restrictions, not to mention the hole in the ozone and all the poisonous shit? Either you have some powerful drugs or stuff like family, yeah?
    Sure is. It's a hard life especially with that hole in ozone lol. I drink although that ain't cheap either. Most powerful drugs I can find, family are too much for me

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by revbob666 View Post
    Dont care... i got $750 sitting in a bank account WAITING for pre order I been saving for this since 2007
    I'm gonna start saving for PS5 now

Lvl 3 - Bronze

ffs sony...

Lvl 4 - Silver

im hoping 499$ at least, that would be fair i think

PRO Member

Not cheap 4 sure so I'll wait 4 drop price definitely

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Jace227 View Post
    naw not at all. that would be the best move in my opinion for us and them.... if ps4 was under $400 i would bet it will sell out like in day 1 or less than a week of it's first shipments
    The PS3 sold out less then day one at the price it was at where I'm from and we didn't see another shipment until mid February the next year. I will only buy a PS4 at launch if it has more games that I want to play and also some much needed surprises would be nice like a new Crash Bandicoot and another Jak and Daxter game (which I know will probably never happen).

Lvl 5 - Silver

You figure most people will easily spend over 600 minimum regardless because your going to get a game or two at least. So assuming 499 is the price even, your going to end up around 620 before taxes so yea...

PRO Member

If its 500 or 600 it won't really make that much difference to me. Hopefully I can get somebody to spend the night in line with me so I can get 2. Then with putting one on ebay, mine will be close to free anyway.

Go Blue Jackets!!

can a Sony Fan answer a question for me?

Why do you need a PS4?

- The PS3 still has years left on it, all super-popular games such as AC4, Destiny, and Watch Dogs will be on the PS3. And if your a average gamer, there are still dozens of titles that you still have yet to try (unless you collect welfare and all you do is play videogames.)

- It will offer a new menu, better graphics, and a slightly new controller. BUT - if a Dualshock 3 was around 55, imagine how much a DS4 will be? At least $65+

I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy I grew up with with all consoles. I have givin the PS4 a chance, but quite honestly the only reason I see anybody buying one is if your a die-hard sony fanboy. I have yet to hear an average gamer say that they would consider a PS4 because there's no point. Sure they'll be cool looking exclusives but at the end of the day they're just generic games with extraordinary graphics/story.

This is all an opinion - but I just really see nothing worth investing into a PS4 when its honestly just a beefed up PS3 with a slightly better controller.

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    The PS3 sold out less then day one at the price it was at where I'm from and we didn't see another shipment until mid February the next year. I will only buy a PS4 at launch if it has more games that I want to play and also some much needed surprises would be nice like a new Crash Bandicoot and another Jak and Daxter game (which I know will probably never happen).
    I think that is where Knack will fill the hole, until a new 'Crash' or 'Jak' game come along, if Knack is even a launch title.

If the price is around 500-600$ I could probably level with that, but anything more, then I'm guessing I'll be waiting on one. Unless it comes as a bundle, which I'm hoping there will be that option.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWLZilla View Post

And if your a average gamer, there are still dozens of titles that you still have yet to try (unless you collect welfare and all you do is play videogames.)
    At first I wanted to be offended as a poor single parent of 3 (and yes, all of us game). But then I figured fuck, I know too many people on welfare that found money to spend on video games. And yes, I think it's dumb as shit. But if we're being fair, I'm pretty sure that there are CEO's, or kids/grandkids of them, that have made their millions off the backs of minimum wage workers for years (Think Romney); I'm pretty sure they'll be getting one on release or beforehand. It's a coin flip on which one is worse.

On topic: There's no way I'm affording one until a model comes out at $299. Even with one game you're dropping $400+.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWLZilla View Post
    can a Sony Fan answer a question for me?

Why do you need a PS4?
    You buy it when your interest for a PS4 equals or outgrows your interest in the PS3, and you have the cash to buy it. At a technological level, the PS3/360 are ancient. There's games on both systems that have loading times that make you second guess what you're doing with your time...lol. It's definitely time for an upgrade on that standpoint alone. The easier coding for developers is also a sign that Sony is listening and wants to support third party developers.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast