Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sony head "hopes" PS4 won't cost $599

This is a discussion on Sony head "hopes" PS4 won't cost $599 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; There's no way in hell those prices are right. If they are, Sony can go fuck themselves....

Negator

There's no way in hell those prices are right. If they are, Sony can go fuck themselves.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    There's no way in hell those prices are right. If they are, Sony can go fuck themselves.
    I hope you are right, but it does sound as if it could be right, my PS3 cost 400 six years ago on launch in UK .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I hope you are right, but it does sound as if it could be right, my PS3 cost 400 six years ago on launch in UK .
    I'm not paying $1,000 for a console. They can kiss my patronage goodbye if this is what they consider "reasonable pricing".

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I'm not paying $1,000 for a console. They can kiss my patronage goodbye if this is what they consider "reasonable pricing".
    What would you go to price wise, I would pay the same again, maybe another 100 on top 400/$622 or 500/$777

DON'T BLINK

Well according to this link some people might be upset ( including me ), EB games ( Gamestop ) pre-order price is $899.00 Australian, $933.00 American and 599 in UK . These prices are not confirmed but I would bet with anybody they are not off by $333 American .

https://ebgames.com.au/featured/playstation-4
    And if you actually believe this I have a bridge for you to buy. These companies always put a high price in to start just to get a SKU into their system. Not to mention Gamestop has not come out with ANY detail as to preordering one yet.

Even shows right there in your damn link...

Already an EB World member? Login ▶

[top]

Your cart is currently empty

Home PlayStation 4

PlayStation 4 Console (Placeholder Price)
    PlayStation 4

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    And if you actually believe this I have a bridge for you to buy. These companies always put a high price in to start just to get a SKU into their system. Not to mention Gamestop has not come out with ANY detail as to preordering one yet.

Even shows right there in your damn link...

Well if your read my post instead of spitting your dummy out I said it was not confirmed, also stated I would bet with anybody it would not be off by $333 American as stated in OP, how much for the bridge ? I will buy it then stick it up your smart ass .

WHO DAT!!!!

i was expecting to pay 525 for the model with the larger hard drive anyways so whatever........i paid 600 for the 60gb fatty that i fried in like 2 years because of cooling issues. just gimme my PS4 please....thanks

Du wirst geil

Well if your read my post instead of spitting your dummy out I said it was not confirmed, also stated I would bet with anybody it would not be off by $333 American as stated in OP, how much for the bridge ? I will buy it then stick it up your smart ass .
    off-topic real quick: Is there any need for the childish aggression? Seriously. He pointed out a flaw in your post (since it is a flaw) and you get all huffy puffy about it. You gave figures but they weren't backed up with the link. That's all he was pointing out. Get mad, whatever. You want to be taken seriously, act like a man and grow up. Just because someone has a disagreement with you doesn't mean you can come off as a bell-end.

on-topic: I'm figuring a reasonable price range for the PS4 would be in the ball park of 599$-699$ USD. Australians unfortunately always get shafted because of currency differences, obviously so this would be a bit more. UK, probably about the same as NA. I'm waiting till E3, as I've stated many times over. Then I can make a sound decision on whether I want to get one or not straight away.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Negator

What would you go to price wise
    At launch, $499 USD, tops. That's a launch bundle with some type of headset, camera & PS+ included.

When I decide to buy a Slim in 2015, $199-$299.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

heard a rumor that there will be two models, one priced at $430 and the second priced at $530, includes a headset and PS eye, the low end one would be alright by me, especially since i wont get one until next year at the earliest

also saw some preorders for ps4 games at amazon for $99, but i assume they were just placeholders and the actual games will be $60 or perhaps $70 at the most

Deathless Destroyer

I just hope it won't cost $1000 like the PS3 did for the 60GB model back in 2006 in Australia. Granted, it lasted me 6 years (a long time) but that's still way too much for a console.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    heard a rumor that there will be two models, one priced at $430 and the second priced at $530, includes a headset and PS eye, the low end one would be alright by me, especially since i wont get one until next year at the earliest

also saw some preorders for ps4 games at amazon for $99, but i assume they were just placeholders and the actual games will be $60 or perhaps $70 at the most
    didn't hear anything about 2 different models of PS4's. Gonna have a look around to see if that's true. Also, keeping the games at $60 is best for everyone. Granted, anything more than that is considered like a "Limited Edition" (sometimes, depending on the game, you can be upgraded to the limited edition for free), or a "Collectors Edition".

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    didn't hear anything about 2 different models of PS4's.
    I remember seeing two different models, one base, one bundle...but I was hoping the prices were slightly lower.

Lvl 6 - Silver

These prices scare me ..
    I'll just wait till it actually releases and decide then, depending on the practicality of the launch price, whether I will buy it or not.. or I'll just wait for a price drop.. :stare:

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post
    Australians unfortunately always get shafted because of currency differences, obviously so this would be a bit more. UK, probably about the same as NA. I'm waiting till E3, as I've stated many times over. Then I can make a sound decision on whether I want to get one or not straight away.
    Australians getting ripped off has nothing to do with currency differences.
    The Aus dollar = US $1.03 at the moment.
    The consoles are made in China, so shipping costs can't be the reason as Australia is closer to China than the USA.
    It's just pure greed by multinationals to overprice the same items for sale on the Australian market.

It's commonly called the Australia TAX here, a price differential of anything thing from 70% to 200% more than else where in the world for the same product, this goes especially for software from Microsoft and ADOBE who have both be called before a senate inquiry a few months ago to explain the pricing ..... needless to say they couldn't.

Most Aussies are wising up and curvuventing GEO blocking [where you do a search for something on the net and the company involved automatically sends you to Australia specific version of their site, where the prices are much higher].

I use Tunnelbear VPN software to get around it, I can make it seem like I am based in either the USA or the UK at the click of a mouse, visit the REAL sites in either of those countries and use a service like Price USA to purchase the items for me and send them on to Aus.

Here's a example of a purchase yesterday of some Artist grade 14ml Windsor & Newton watercolour tube paints.
    They are priced by series 1 to 4, Aus price was cheapest I could find online [what a joke]
    Aus series 1 = Aus $24.60 ... USA price US$9.10
    Aus series 2 = Aus $26.15 ... USA price US$10.18
    Aus series 3 = Aus $28.95 ... USA price US$11.00
    Aus series 4 = Aus $38.40 ... USA price US$14.30
    A mark up of 170% ... so I bought 60 tubes from the USA, including postage cost, I saved AUS $1180 on that one purchase.

Screw you multinationals!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234