Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sony head "hopes" PS4 won't cost $599

This is a discussion on Sony head "hopes" PS4 won't cost $599 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Despite showing a variety of games running on the newly announced PlayStation 4, Sony PlayStation's US head Jack Tretton says ...

PRO Member

Sony head "hopes" PS4 won't cost $599

Despite showing a variety of games running on the newly announced PlayStation 4, Sony PlayStation's US head Jack Tretton says the console's "still in development in terms of final specs and design." He told All Things D as much in an interview this morning; the PlayStation 4's specs were detailed in a press release by Sony last evening, which detail the internals as an 8-core 64-bit x86 "Jaguar" CPU built by AMD, a Radeon GPU comprised of 18 "compute units" which push out 1.84 TFLOPS, and 8GB of GDDR5 RAM.

Tretton also said he "hopes" that the PlayStation 4 won't cost $599 at launch (the PlayStation 3 launched in two models, at $499 and $599). "When I think about the console, you open it up, you look at it, you certainly look at it when you insert a disc, but for most people, it's behind a cabinet or on a shelf somewhere and you spend all your time looking at the screen," Tretton said.

Sony's focus last night, however, was all games. As for when we'll see the elusive box? "There will be multiple opportunities to share the look of the console between now and launch," he said, "We just didn't choose this first event as the time to show it." In speaking with Sony president of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida this morning, we confirmed that we'll get to go hands-on with the PlayStation 4 "by E3," which goes from June 11th to the 13th.
    I am sure he isn't the only one....
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Plats-O'-War!!

I hope it's not either. In this money strapped economy, this would be a deal breaker if the price is under $400. Maybe I'm wishing for too much?

PRO Member

i second that.........................

Breakfast and Chill

"Five-hundred ninety-nine US dollars"

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I hope it's not either. In this money strapped economy, this would be a deal breaker if the price is under $400. Maybe I'm wishing for too much?
    naw not at all. that would be the best move in my opinion for us and them.... if ps4 was under $400 i would bet it will sell out like in day 1 or less than a week of it's first shipments

Lvl 2 - Bronze

supply and demand. Theres no way in hell it breaks below $500. Yes, it will eventually be under $400, probably in a year of release, but no way it goes below that for holiday season 2013.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I will wait a year or two for the price to drop.

Angel of Death

Not $599... But $598!

-i- love myself.

Oh ma gad... That better never be the price.

Gaming since PONG !

Dont care... i got $750 sitting in a bank account WAITING for pre order I been saving for this since 2007

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I will get a ps4 day 1 no matter if it's $499 or $599 I am saving as we speak.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

eh, I'll prolly get peer pressured into buying one like I did with the VITA.
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Me buying this has less to do with the price (as long as they don't go over the top with it) then it does wih launch titles. Obviously Watch Dogs is being reported as a launch day title but that would not be enough for me. I want a couple games that will take me a bit to complete so other games can come out.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

I never buy them when they're released... I want a few models so they work out most of the kinks... unless it looks like the orb with the glass panel.. then its a first day buy for me... otherwise ill wait for the ugly "slim" model

PRO Member

I'll be getting this at release even if it has a 599$ price tag. I pray that it wont be that high (349-399$ sounds reasonable), but I know I honestly can't sit here and say that I wont buy it at release. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes.
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

Saints Row IV

.....and i though the price would be 400euros
    If this is true,i wait for a price drop
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 9 - Gold

599 us = a 900 price tag in aust (going by game prices as games there $59, here $89)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

this article could shed some light on the early pricing of the PS4

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll be getting this on day 1 regardless of the price. Although saying that I would obviously rather not pay ridiculous money for it. I paid an absolute fortune on PS3 launch day

Lvl 7 - Gold

"Sorry, Junior. We wanted to send you to college, but daddy bought a PS3 instead."

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast