View Poll Results: Will you be purchasing the PS4 on its release this year?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • The PS4 wil be mine as soon as i can get my hands on it!!

127 39.56%
  • I will get a PS4 this year depending on price and launch games.

82 25.55%
  • I will purchase a PS4 a year after its release date.

62 19.31%
  • I won't get a PS4 but maybe some point in the far future.

24 7.48%
  • The PS3 is enough for me, the PS4 doesn't intrest me yet.

21 6.54%
  • I won't purchase the PS4.

5 1.56%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The 2013 PS4 poll. Will you be purchasing the PS4 on its release this year?

This is a discussion on The 2013 PS4 poll. Will you be purchasing the PS4 on its release this year? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I need to see the full launch game list first. It would be nice to have a few new exclusive ...

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I need to see the full launch game list first. It would be nice to have a few new exclusive ip's and not more fucking sequels. I couldn't care for KZ4 given how fuck awful KZ3 is, I found Infamous a bore, and Watch Dogs I'll just get for PC, and Destiny for the PS3

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Ghost Assassin

Well, i'm going to uni by the end of this year, so ill have to focus more on my studies, but i do plan on getting one within a year or two from it's release. I got my ps3 two years after its initial release and I kind of wish I could have gotten one sooner, but it was too damn expensive

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'll will until Sony says that stop making ps3 games and only then a PS4 seems amicable.:marccap:

Lvl 4 - Silver

if gta 5 was on ps4, yes. otherwise ps3 has got years of enjoyment in it yet before being dull
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Lvl 1 - Bronze

hi, I'm definitely wait at least six months - year .. First, what is playing on PS3 and moreover, the price will be more favorable later ..

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    The price is all i need.

seems like sony got its shit straight with this new console. we just need a game lineup thats good, rip off nintendo's way of dealing with Eshop purchases (You can literally only take 30 cents out of your card to pay for something instead of a forced $5), and we are all set.
    for once i agree with you

Lvl 3 - Bronze

sometime in 2014, first i don't have money right now, secondly they will disappear from the stores in a nano-second. and third sony history/track-record they never announced and released a console on the same year they made the announcement, i've my reserves that ps4 will be out in 2014 with the already announced and some ps3 ports to ps4. adding to this doesn't seems bussiness wise have their own big titles and others this fall, and at same time releasing a new console, would conflict with each other.as example spend $100-200 on ps3 titles during the fall or $400 on a new console.

Bob 'n' Becca

2016 for me, most likely. There's just so much goodness with ps3. The only reason I'd get it any soon is if there was a really interesting game, but them again my roommate will probably get the system, so I'd still only need the software. 

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

A year later voted but maybe will wait 4 a slim version

Ice Cream Firefighter

Day 1 because I wish to establish myself on YouTube as one of the big video walkthrough providers of the next gen.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

400 or less and im sold if not im waiting till a price drop

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    The minimum of $5 is a huge pain in the ass sometimes, I do hope they make it so any amount can be put into the wallet.
    If I use my card to pay and I have zero in my wallet , it just takes the ammount for the game e.g £0 - game £3.99 = -£3.99 and leaves the wallet at zero again
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Rangers F.C

On topic , this will be mine the second they are on the shelves in the UK , at one point I was thinking of jumping ship to Xbox but the Xbox has not even been announced and Sony has hit it out the park IMO so Xbox has been bumped down to Wii U status ( just a toy )
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Day 1 for me, no questions.

> Restart Button <

I wont be getting one for a long time after its release. Reason one being, I'm really just enjoying my PS3 right now and reason two would be the cost. I wasn't even going to be able to get a PS3 but I was lucky. Plus, I've wanted a killer PC my whole life so maybe after I'm over my PS3, it would be a nice time to change over.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

A plat a month!

Iinitally, I don't want to get the PS4 right away, but I do want it!

A few things that could sway me

Price - if it is too expensive, then I'll wait it out. I payed $599 for my original PS3 back in Feb 2007, and I don't regret it. But I don't want to pay that much this time. I'm hopeful that SCE learned their lesson with the PS3 launch in terms of its price.

Availability - Before I got my PS3, I was one of the ones who waited overnight at a Best Buy to get a Wii. The thing was fun for the first few months, but then I got bored of it. It was a different story for the PS3, but I didn't have a child at that point, and my wife and I made a night out of waiting in line for the Wii. Now that I got a kid, waiting overnight for a PS4 doesn't appeal to me. I'll wait until they are on the shelf consistently.

Library - When the PS3 came out, the only game I wanted was Resistance. After that, I used the PS3 to play FF XII and FF VIII from start to finish before I got involved in another PS3 game. If they have more than a few games I want, I'd be more willing to get a PS4.

My Library of PS3 games - depends on how much I have finished/platinum'd. I don't want to constantly switch out consoles on my TV (limited space). If I don't have a lot of games to play that that point, I'd consider the PS4.

Forget I Was Ever Here

I will have it when it comes out more than likely….

It is time for me to go underground

PRO Member

I want it day one but may wait to see if it is stable. Price doesn't really bother me, i'm not poor enough for it to be an issue and I pay way more for things I don't use half as much (car/computer/mountain bike etc.). Choice of games won't be an issue either, I have too many games for my PS3 so I will be adopting a one game at a time attitude with the PS4. Everyone would like to wait but the second your favorite titles are released (Uncharted 4/Call of Duty 19/Final fantasy 624) you will all get one. I honestly can't wait to enjoy all the advancements in tech, graphics etc etc. I just hope they change the little things that bugged me with the PS3 like less online trophies which would eliminate the need for boosting, improve the internet app and make the controllers cheaper FFS!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted for purchasing 1 year after initial release. I waited on a PS3 until there were several games that I HAD to have, so I figure 1 year + into the cycle, there will be a similar situation with PS4. Depending on initial sales, 1 year in MAY see a price point drop as well.....plus they'll have had enough system releases that (hopefully) they can iron out any kinks so that the version I get will last years and years.

Angel of Death

Definitely a day one for me.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast