GT6 for PS4 leak?

This is a discussion on GT6 for PS4 leak? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; [top] A set of photos on a Facebook page of a car manufacturer shows vehicles being scanned for inclusion in ...

DON'T BLINK

GT6 for PS4 leak?

[top]A set of photos on a Facebook page of a car manufacturer shows vehicles being scanned for inclusion in 'Gran Turismo PS4'.

Published on Mar 11, 2013
    A set of photos on a Facebook page of a car manufacturer showing vehicles being scanned for inclusion in Gran Turismo might have inadvertently leaked a PS4 version of the game.

The Facebook photo album (in Italian) says: "Scansione Per Gran Turismo PS4" taken at the LM Gianetti manufacturer base.
    You can see the photos here.

Of course, the photos could be for a PS3 iteration of the game and the album may simply be mislabelled, or it could be some sort of mix-up or hoax - but it does seem to suggest Polyphony Digital is currently working on vehicles for a Gran Turismo game on Sony's next-gen PS4 console.

UPDATE: The photo album in question has now been changed to 'Scanning Gran Turismo', which is a lot less giveaway.
    UPDATE 2: The album is now gone entirely. Very suspect.
    Gran Turismo PS4 Leaked? - NowGamer

Fight the Future

I think we may very well see GT6 launch with the PS4. Gran Turismo is Sony's best selling franchise and what would be a better way to move their newest console than with the newest Gran Turismo?

Angel of Death

I still think it will be on PS3, but PS4 is a high possibility too. Maybe even a Vita version hopefully. :3

The One and Only

It would probably be released for the PS4 exclusively, and it will be even more realistic than GT5!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The problem I see with this is that Polphony admitted they had begun development on GT6 over two years ago. There's no way they would have known what the specs of the PS4 were at that time much less access to a dev kit. Sony basically confirmed that GT6 will be launch this year and we know how long it has taken Polyphony Digital to make GT games in the past.

Secondly I don't think a port to the PS4 is likely or a good idea. If it is true that GT6 comes out this year you are basically looking at it as a launch title. GOW 2 is a great looking game but the graphics would have been underwhelming if it had be released for the PS3 not the PS2. I think you would be doing a diservice to the PS4 by releasing a game with 'last gen graphics'. Also because the PS4 GPU will be so different from the Cell Processor I'm not sure how simple a process it would be to port over.

Additonally you can't forget about Evolution Studios game DriveClub. Now DriveClub has no release date, but even if it comes out a year after the PS4 launch you would still have two Sony Studios releasing games competing over a niche market which doesn't make much business sense. I understand how many copies the GT series has sold but I'm skeptical the driving simulator market could support multiple games like the FPS or platformer genres can.

Also if you look at the release cycle GT1 & 2 were Playstation releases. GT3 & 4 on the PS2. GT5 & 6, well PS3 would make sense.

Lastly you have to look at the customer base. Sony needs to focus on the PS4 but with over 70 million PS3's out you need to continue to support that for at least the next couple years. Considering the lifespan of the PS2 and the fact the PSP is still being supported with new games means they'll probably do that with the PS3 as well.

I'm no expert and I could be wrong, but as I see things from a logical and business standpoint, it would make sense for GT6 to be exclusive to the PS3. But I guess we'll no for sure in the next few months.
    Last edited by mturismo; 03-18-2013 at 12:26 PM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    I think we may very well see GT6 launch with the PS4. Gran Turismo is Sony's best selling franchise and what would be a better way to move their newest console than with the newest Gran Turismo?
    Are you mad?

An announcement of a Gran Turismo game and then the game releasing ON TIME?!?!

Impossible