I really, really, really want an open-world, realistic driving game/racer/simulator for next-gen.

This is a discussion on I really, really, really want an open-world, realistic driving game/racer/simulator for next-gen. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Something like Test Drive Unlimited 1, executed properly, and with out-of-this-world graphics, environments, scope, hype, soundtrack, physics and content. The ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I really, really, really want an open-world, realistic driving game/racer/simulator for next-gen.

Something like Test Drive Unlimited 1, executed properly, and with out-of-this-world graphics, environments, scope, hype, soundtrack, physics and content. The PS4, at the very least when it begins to 'mature' (i.e. 2017 onward), will surely be able to allow this to happen. I want Polyphony Digital to do this, but I just hope they take the approach differently. If they do this GT5-style (as in, similar interface) it won't be too good. I'm sure they're skilled and willing enough to do this, and they are very much perfectionists too. If they're going to be fussy about it, take over 5 years and splash out with a big budget to make this, I'll be pleased.
    PSN: "GREENGOOD29" | Add me for a

Please note
    that I own this particular trophy (the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum), which is VERY rare. I got it with a DS3, and NOT with a steering wheel. I did it! Thus, I am your utter overlord:

O_o

I'd be pleased with a sequel to Driver: San Francisco.

Mmmmm,

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by Wisefire View Post
    Something like Test Drive Unlimited 1, executed properly, and with out-of-this-world graphics, environments, scope, hype, soundtrack, physics and content. The PS4, at the very least when it begins to 'mature' (i.e. 2017 onward), will surely be able to allow this to happen. I want Polyphony Digital to do this, but I just hope they take the approach differently. If they do this GT5-style (as in, similar interface) it won't be too good. I'm sure they're skilled and willing enough to do this, and they are very much perfectionists too. If they're going to be fussy about it, take over 5 years and splash out with a big budget to make this, I'll be pleased.
    my recommendation, go rent one of those cars and drive it yourself
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

What cars? This post isn't about a 'dream car' (which really isn't a 'dream'; it's attainable). It's not the cars I'd prioritize the most in this game to be honest What I'm really interested in is more to do with the open-world racing game and how it works. Hence, wherever did I extensively talk about cars? I'm trying to say I want a game with the kinds of features/things I was talking about. The cars are obviously 'important', but I'd love to have an open-world environment like that of TDU's more than anything, and with more detail. Fog, amazing draw-distances/horizon-lines, stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by bodigard View Post
    my recommendation, go rent one of those cars and drive it yourself

Please note
    that I own this particular trophy (the Gran Turismo 5 Platinum), which is VERY rare. I got it with a DS3, and NOT with a steering wheel. I did it! Thus, I am your utter overlord:

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I didn't like the city + almost unrealistic side to Driver:SF, but if they could make it more of a simulator/realistic, it would be interesting. personally, Driveclub for the PS4 looks quite promising in my opinion, even if it is all online/social etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    I'd be pleased with a sequel to Driver: San Francisco.

Mmmmm,

Please note

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's a shame Forza: Horizon is a 360 exclusive, it's something like that I want to play right now.