Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PS4 UI And Social Features: Will force feed your full name into your games

This is a discussion on PS4 UI And Social Features: Will force feed your full name into your games within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Not only is your real name hidden by default,if you choose to show your real name you can pick which ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Not only is your real name hidden by default,if you choose to show your real name you can pick which friends can or cant see your true name. GDC attendees get a sneak peek at PS4 features, Dualshock Controller | News | TechRadar

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    Not only is your real name hidden by default,if you choose to show your real name you can pick which friends can or cant see your true name. GDC attendees get a sneak peek at PS4 features, Dualshock Controller | News | TechRadar
    What is Real ID? - Battle.net

Same shit, different bucket. No problem here.

Just one more anxiety-driven, hyperbole-based thread from our resident tinfoil-wearing doomsayer.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    What about this, though? I wouldn't let that happen to me for I'd use ant1's method (yay!), but still. It sounds like you're pretty much forced to link your facebook account if you wish for the ability to hide your real name.
    this article will help you understand the second part you quoted,PS4 Friends system, sharing and UI detailed at GDC - Destructoid

Rangers F.C

I could not care less if you were forced to use your real name , I am going to be playing the quality games not writing strangers names in a notebook .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

Just one more anxiety-driven, hyperbole-based thread from our resident tinfoil-wearing doomsayer.
    This.
    Just as a side note: People are less likely to be complete assholes if everyone knows who they are, which is the rationale behind Blizzard's system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    also no button pressure sensitivity fuck logic woo
    "According to Norton, few PS3 developers bothered to make use of the analog buttons."

You're really not making the effort to misrepresent facts like you once did, and that's disappointing to see.

I can't think of a single game that makes use of button sensitivity, not including the triggers or analogue sticks.

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    This.
    Just as a side note: People are less likely to be complete assholes if everyone knows who they are, which is the rationale behind Blizzard's system.

"According to Norton, few PS3 developers bothered to make use of the analog buttons."

You're really not making the effort to misrepresent facts like you once did, and that's disappointing to see.

I can't think of a single game that makes use of button sensitivity, not including the triggers or analogue sticks.
    Gran Turismo 5 is the only one I can think of.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    This.

The only one I can think of off-hand is a few of the tables in The Pinball Arcade (and maybe some of Zen's???). But even then, it's only for the plunger sensitivity, and the works just as well. So yeah, it was a nifty feature and I remember using it more on the PS2 when there were button-mashing mini-games, and hitting the button harder worked better than trying to tap it lightly really fast. So, no big loss. Kinda like SixAxis. Almost no one uses it in their games, so I wouldn't miss it if Sony chose to save money and discontinue the feature.

As for the whole "real name" issue... who links their FB account to their PS3 (soon PS4) and is then worried about their name getting around? Just delete your FB info from your account. Either you're an attention whore, or you're not... or you just don't care. Either way, this is just more "sky is falling" nonsense. Doesn't adversely affect anyone in the real world.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Jesus christ its a NAME

there must be hundreds of people with the same name as you out there

besides its an awesome feature, i only friend people i know anyway

Lvl 3 - Bronze

lmao, it was stated QUITE clearly that using ur real name WILL be a choice, even if urve linked ur facebook, lmao guys watch stuff properly!

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360
    If you link your PSN account to your Facebook account, you'll be required to use your real name
    False. It automatically lets friends see your real name (only if they are using their real names) until you turn in off.

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

and im fully against that too.

WHO DAT!!!!

i dont have face book for that reason so i could care less

Prayer Warrior

it's obvious that only people you choose will see your real name. it's not like you're going to be forced to broadcast that shit to the world against your will. all this thread is really is a sad attempt by ps360 grabbing at straws trying to bash sony and it's new system coming out. i've never seen someone so anti sony that they take every chance they get to twist information and abuse stories found on the internet.

NO system has ever been perfect and i guarantee that the ps4 won't be perfect either. i'm sure it will have issues that some people dislike but the fact of the matter is that it's on track to being the best system ever released and is really setting sony up to rule the console market and Nintendo dick suckers like ps360 can't stand that.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

PRO Member

I don't use my last name on FB anyhow, so doesn't bother me. I just use my first/middle

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    i dont have face book for that reason so i could care less
    same here, but the feature needs to be enabled for people to view your actual name so not really a problem

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    and im fully against that too.
    As I mentioned in a previous post, I agree with you on principle given the potential for abuse.

However, here's the key... it's opt-in. We all have a choice whether to use it or not.

For those who want it, this could be a handy feature. For those who don't, it won't affect them in the slightest.

Lvl 5 - Silver

You forgot to include that every PS4 console will come with a headset because what is the point of having all these social features if you cant talk to your friends

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    I don't use my last name on FB anyhow, so doesn't bother me. I just use my first/middle
    lol nice move, never thought of that. facebooks not my thing, but if it was id do the same.

Dominate!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    this article will help you understand the second part you quoted,PS4 Friends system, sharing and UI detailed at GDC - Destructoid
    Now that's actually detailed.

Thanks a lot.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Buy my book, Alteration

Well I don't have FaceBook... Guess my anonymity is safe.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast