Sony Possibly planning blowout PS4 event this month or next month, Before E3.

This is a discussion on Sony Possibly planning blowout PS4 event this month or next month, Before E3. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Source: Sony Planning Big PS4 Reveal Before E3 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com Expect a big announcement from Sony ...

INTJ

Sony Possibly planning blowout PS4 event this month or next month, Before E3.

Source: Sony Planning Big PS4 Reveal Before E3 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Expect a big announcement from Sony about its next-gen PlayStation 4 console this month or possibly in early May, a source familiar with the company's marketing strategy told PCMag this week.

Sony already revealed some PlayStation 4 specs at a February event in which the company unveiled the console's controller (pictured) and a stereo camera with motion capture capabilities, but not, to the chagrin of gamers everywhere, the PS4 itself.

But Sony may be parceling out information about its coming game console to build up buzz, according to the source. Some industry watchers anticipated another reveal or at least some PS4 news at last week's Game Developer Conference, but the company only tipped some details about the underlying hardware, Ars Technica reported.

GDC was probably the last big stage for the company to talk up the successor to the PlayStation 3 before the E3 gaming conference in June, unless Sony manufactures its own event. That's precisely what Sony plans to do, according to the source, who said late April/early May will be the likeliest timeframe for a full-blown launch of the PS4.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Cool, I can't wait for more info on the PS4.
    "Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted"
    "Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito"

INTJ

probably doin this so all the press at E3 don't go "HEY LOOK AT THE CONSOLE I TOOK PICTURES OF IT AT THE BOOTH" and ignores all the games.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    probably doin this so all the press at E3 don't go "HEY LOOK AT THE CONSOLE I TOOK PICTURES OF IT AT THE BOOTH" and ignores all the games.

Are you serious? Now you're just being petty.

Edit: I misread and jumped the gun. Now I'm just another asshole

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post

Are you serious? Now you're just being petty.
    no seriously

When you unveil how a console looks at E3, thats all anyone talks about.

Just unveil it before then, then people won't be talking about it at E3.

Lord of all Goat-Men

no seriously

When you unveil how a console looks at E3, thats all anyone talks about.

Just unveil it before then, then people won't be talking about it at E3.
    That's actually my bad
    I misread.
    Redacted.

I think they will show it off before hand, but for two seperate reasons.

1) It's almost a guarantee that Microsoft will show off their console this month. Sony already made a strong showing by displaying a whole bunch of games, but the one reasonable criticism was that the console was not shown. Microsoft will be looking to capitalise on this, so they'll show off their console during their April event. Sony will respond by revealing their console afterwards, which will serve to undermine Microsoft's pitch, as well as making the PS4 the hot topic for E3.

2) The big 3 do this all the time when they have a shitload of stuff to unveil. There's only so much time and energy available for them to spend during E3, so they'll want to get the trivial stuff out of the way (we already know what's INSIDE the console, just not what it looks like or how much it costs) and focus on games, Vita connectivity and maybe the different skews.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    That's actually my bad
    I misread.
    Redacted.

I think they will show it off before hand, but for two seperate reasons.

1) It's almost a guarantee that Microsoft will show off their console this month. Sony already made a strong showing by displaying a whole bunch of games, but the one reasonable criticism was that the console was not shown. Microsoft will be looking to capitalise on this, so they'll show off their console during their April event. Sony will respond by revealing their console afterwards, which will serve to undermine Microsoft's pitch, as well as making the PS4 the hot topic for E3.

2) The big 3 do this all the time when they have a shitload of stuff to unveil. There's only so much time and energy available for them to spend during E3, so they'll want to get the trivial stuff out of the way (we already know what's INSIDE the console, just not what it looks like or how much it costs) and focus on games, Vita connectivity and maybe the different skews.
    That sounds about right to me.
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

-i- love myself.

Can't wait to see this cutie.

NSFW

Well, they are a company and they do need to earn some hype and money in some way, so yeah. It's a general selling tactic, also used by MS and Nintendo.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Makes sense to show it before E3 in my opinion they probably would just talk about the consoles only if you show them at E3.

PRO Member

I'm interested to see what they unveil...

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't really care what the console looks like. I just want to be able to pre-order it, so at least give us pricing info so game stores can put the SKU in their systems. The wait to pre-order is worse than the wait for the console.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I hope it comes in a multiple of colors for NA. I would like a nice shiny red one or a metallic blue brushed stainless steel look.

OR

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If the PS4 is a great console I'll still buy it even if it is ugly.

If it the coolest looking things in the world but is complete crap I wouldn't buy it. So what it looks like is pretty irrelevant..... But I still really want to know what it is going to look like.

I hope they have another event before E3. Doing that around the time the Xbox is revealed would be very smart and help keep the momentum Sony has built since February. Doing that would shift the focus of E3 to just the games which is what Sony really needs to play at. Great games, and a large library of titles at launch.