Sony Gave Double Fine a PS4, so they are playing around with it right now

This is a discussion on Sony Gave Double Fine a PS4, so they are playing around with it right now within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Tim Schafer on PS4: "We've got guys playing with the features to see what we can do with it" | ...

INTJ

Sony Gave Double Fine a PS4, so they are playing around with it right now

Tim Schafer on PS4: "We've got guys playing with the features to see what we can do with it" | PS4 News | Official PlayStation Magazine

Speaking to Schafer at this year’s PAX East he told me, “Let me just say we’ve been talking with Sony, can I say that? I don’t know, I think I might get in trouble”. Apparently the studio was approached by Sony directly, something that he considers unusual, “because we’re not Bungie, or let me put that in PlayStation terms, we’re not Insomniac”.

This initial contact seems to be more about stirring up interest and creativity than anything else. Schafer says, “This is one of the first times where we’ve been approached by a platform holder like Sony and asked, ‘first, what do you guys want from this new box? We have this new feature, what could you do with it?’” He then admits, “We’ve already got some guys playing with some of the new features to see what we can do with it”.

Kiwi Defender

These are wonderful news. Nothing like knowing Schafer has a PS4 in his hands and his team can work on it right from the beginning. Means ports are even more likely now .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    These are wonderful news. Nothing like knowing Schafer has a PS4 in his hands and his team can work on it right from the beginning. Means ports are even more likely now .
    port the kickstarter game (aka broken age) to the PS4 for a launch title

encourage kickstarter users to buy a ps4 by giving them a free code to download it on the PS4.

Notorious K.I.D.

It's not gonna get me to buy a PS4 any sooner, but I wouldn't mind a sequel to Brutal Legend.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam