Paradox and Yebis 2 Engine On PS4 with a Direct3D11 Layer

This is a discussion on Paradox and Yebis 2 Engine On PS4 with a Direct3D11 Layer within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Paradox - Paradox and Yebis running on PS4 with Direct3D11 layer-Blog We are pleased to announce that we have ported ...

INTJ

Paradox and Yebis 2 Engine On PS4 with a Direct3D11 Layer

Paradox - Paradox and Yebis running on PS4 with Direct3D11 layer-Blog

We are pleased to announce that we have ported Paradox Engine and Yebis 2 Post-Processing Middleware to Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®4.

In order to successfully achieve this, we have managed to develop a a full C++ compatible Direct3D11/DXGI/D3DCompiler API layer on top of Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®4’s existing low level graphics API.The layer is extremely performant, and Yebis and Paradox could run with high quality settings. We plan to use this layer to port other middleware developed in our company.

With such a layer, we have been able to easily port the Direct3D11 versions of Paradox and Yebis 2 without having to change a single line of code in these middlewares in order to support rendering on the PlayStation®4:

With the D3DCompiler layer (with a fxc.exe compiler using it), we can develop our shaders in pure HLSL. We can query shader reflection, metadata, constant buffer...etc exactly in the same way we use to do in Direct3D11 on Windows.

With the DXGI layer, we are able to let our application using regular initialization code as SwapChains...etc.

With the Direct3D11 layer, we are able to efficiently use the underlying PS4 graphics API, taking care of the whole setup of pipeline stages, double buffering for command buffers, supporting all Direct3D11 states, Resources and Views...etc.

As the PlayStation®4 Graphics API is low level, our Direct3D11 layer for PlayStation®4 is taking care of all the details of interoperating with this API, allowing to easily develop and port an existing Direct3D11 game on PlayStation®4..

TL;DR

illegal in 9 countries

Yep...it's gonna be the shit.

Expect even more PC games to hit the PS4 in years to come given how easy it seems to be to port them.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Yep...it's gonna be the shit.

Expect even more PC games to hit the PS4 in years to come given how easy it seems to be to port them.
    If that means we'll finally get The Witcher 1/2, a decent Orange Box port and stuff like that, I am soooooooo in.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lord of all Goat-Men

The lighting engine looks fantastic, but dragon animation looks like something out of a syfy monster movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    If that means we'll finally get The Witcher 1/2, a decent Orange Box port and stuff like that, I am soooooooo in.
    I doubt it. Old games are old. Fingers crossed that we see some more developments on the Playstation/Steam integration front, though.

Rangers F.C

It just keeps getting better .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Negator

Steambox and PS4 - cross-platform play - all titles.

Make it happen.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

[><] No1 IN SCOTLAND [><]

Looks absolutely superb ~ I cant wait to get a PS4 up & running on release day..
    Shit like this is gonna make it epic ~ keep it coming.!!
    PS3TROPHIES.COM MEMBER SINCE: SEPTEMBER 2009.

Toggle Spoiler

#hashtag

Dat Tech Demonstration

-i- love myself.

That was soooo beautiful.

The PS4 is going to be amazing.