Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PlayStation DUALSHOCKŪ4 Controller

This is a discussion on PlayStation DUALSHOCKŪ4 Controller within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Some news....

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PlayStation DUALSHOCKŪ4 Controller

Some news.

INTJ

If it can't beat the Wii U Pro or 360 controller ergonomics i won't like it.

The dualshock controller feels wrong every time i use it. Hopefully this new design changes it

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    If it can't beat the Wii U Pro or 360 controller ergonomics i won't like it. The dualshock controller feels wrong every time i use it. Hopefully this new design changes it
    I agree with you on that one,the ps3 has the shittiest controller of the bunch.

Death is Awaiting....

See, I'm the other way around. I like the way the PS3 controller feels, but the 360 controller doesn't feel right to me, And I had a 360 on release. All preference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

INTJ

The Ps3 Felt like a cheap madcatz controller to me while the 360 Controller felt like it had actual durability.

but the PS4 controller looks like it's trying to accompany actual hands into it's design.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    See, I'm the other way around. I like the way the PS3 controller feels, but the 360 controller doesn't feel right to me
    I agree. I always liked the Sony one better than others. But, it could be because Im so used to the Sony controller...

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    See, I'm the other way around. I like the way the PS3 controller feels, but the 360 controller doesn't feel right to me, And I had a 360 on release. All preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    I agree. I always liked the Sony one better than others. But, it could be because Im so used to the Sony controller...
    Same here, I can barely play stuff on the 360, the controller is just too blocky and awkward.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Kiwi Defender

Unlike (apparently) all of you, I don't really feel uncoformtable with either of them. However, I'm not fond of the new controller's design because it is aesthetically horrible and I'm used to the original design. Same would happend if Microsoft suddenly decided to change their controller's look.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I had to give up on the dual shock and buy a third party "XBox" style ps3 controller. It was giving me carpal tunnel like symptoms!

The Deathly Rhythm

I like both of the controllers, But I like the 360 controller a little bit better because of the weight of it, people mostly hate it because of that but I love it
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Same would happend if Microsoft suddenly decided to change their controller's look.
    willing to bet that happens

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    willing to bet that happens
    If it happens then there's nothing to do about it, just like with the DualShock 4.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Rangers F.C

I like them both but if I had to pick it would be the Xbox one
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Du wirst geil

It's all very well and good speculating over current or past controllers for the systems but it's not going to make a lick of difference at the moment until you get the thing in your hand. It all boils down to preference, and I'm sure the new Xbox and PS4 won't be any different. I'm comfortable with both controllers but I don't have a preference either.

And I thought about this while they discussed the 'Share' button. This could make videos for trophy hunting (i.e. PowerPyx) a lot easier and hassle free, since he wouldn't have to keep going back and forth. But then by that definition, anyone could start doing videos for trophy hunting

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    The Ps3 Felt like a cheap madcatz controller to me while the 360 Controller felt like it had actual durability.

but the PS4 controller looks like it's trying to accompany actual hands into it's design.
    \

Cheap?Are u crazy i droped my DS 3 200 times and nothing broke

Local Drunk

Don't mind 360 controllers but prefer PS3 controllers.

I don't like the look of the PS4's L2 & R2 but reserve judgement til I've actually used the controller.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Saints Row IV

I hate the X360 controller
    I always liked the sony controllers,and this looks very cool too...
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

all of the cod kids are probably shitting bricks about how theyre gonna be so cool now that they can easily record their double-360-quadruple--tap-no-scope-from-across-the-map and share it on youtube with a dubstep track from soundcloud draped on it.

I kind of like the little speaker idea...I get how it has that more in-your-face personal effect to it and I imagine indie developers would do an amazing job of using that feature sparingly, but effectively. With that said I'm not sure if I'd want it on for most of the main titles...

I wish they would have touched on features about how the touchpad and other buttons would interact with the OS...it would be sweet if you could for example double tap the touchpad to bring up the messaging platform, triple tap for browser...whatever's clever I guess.
    Steaming pile of helpful tips

Drunken Nights

Don't have a problem with the 360 controller but I prefer the DS3, even though I owned a 360 first. Only thing I dislike about the ps3 controller are the L2 and R2 buttons. So far I'm liking the DS4. It looks like it has grip at the back.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by 10000 Days View Post
    I kind of like the little speaker idea...I get how it has that more in-your-face personal effect to it and I imagine indie developers would do an amazing job of using that feature sparingly, but effectively. With that said I'm not sure if I'd want it on for most of the main titles...
    I like this feature as well, and hope it's used in good taste instead of tacked onto every game. Wonder how that would effect the battery life of the controller.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast