Another PS4 "trophies thread"

This is a discussion on Another PS4 "trophies thread" within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm wondering if trophies for PS4 will be in essence separate from the PS3 for same titles. For example, I ...

A plat a month!

Another PS4 "trophies thread"

I'm wondering if trophies for PS4 will be in essence separate from the PS3 for same titles. For example, I know that BF4 and Watch Dogs will be coming out to both the PS3 and PS4. Does this mean that if I had both of these games, would it be possible to earn trophies in both and have them counted twice? I believe this is the same for the PS3 and Vita in which titles appear for both.

Lvl 8 - Gold

why would you ask a question that can't be answered by anyone on these forums.

Get bent...

What he said^^^.

You know about as much about that as the rest of us.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Notorious K.I.D.

I'd put my money on they will, I'm willing to bet PS3 will get games for at least a year after PS4 comes out. That's not saying PS4 won't get something exclusive, but they can't just kill off the PS3 library that quick... or can they
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

PRO Member

My guess is yes, you will be able to earn a separate platinum for each. No telling though if you will be able to have one profile that contains your PS3, PS4, and Vita trophies together. It would probably be convenient for them to put everything together, but on the other hand they may wish to have a clean break to give a chance to have hacker-free leaderboards for a little bit.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    I'd put my money on they will, I'm willing to bet PS3 will get games for at least a year after PS4 comes out. That's not saying PS4 won't get something exclusive, but they can't just kill off the PS3 library that quick... or can they
    Sony has already stated the PS4 is an addition to the PS family, not a replacement for the PS3. Expect support for the PS3 for as long as publishers are willing to produce games for it. I'm thinking at least 3 or 4 years before Sony winds it up.

In terms of separate PS3 and PS4 trophy lists, I suspect the answer is yes. It's not technically the same game on both mediums (different SKU) and we've seen a similar scenario for PS3 + Vita trophy lists. I can see that being extended to PS4, given the aforementioned PS "family" of products.

Local Drunk

I'd say it will be like the Vita, seperate trophy lists.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 10 - Platinum

It will probably be up to the developers just like right now with PS3 and Vita's trophy lists. I'm thinking they will make separate sets.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    why would you ask a question that can't be answered by anyone on these forums.
    I dont think it was a question meant answering, just a thought

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would think that as long as you plat 'Game X' on either system, it shows that you've platted 'Game X. That is to say I don't believe there will be a distinction unless the game is only available on one system or the other.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    I dont think it was a question meant answering, just a thought
    Thank you! This is what I meant in my original post.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Sony has already stated the PS4 is an addition to the PS family, not a replacement for the PS3. Expect support for the PS3 for as long as publishers are willing to produce games for it. I'm thinking at least 3 or 4 years before Sony winds it up.

In terms of separate PS3 and PS4 trophy lists, I suspect the answer is yes. It's not technically the same game on both mediums (different SKU) and we've seen a similar scenario for PS3 + Vita trophy lists. I can see that being extended to PS4, given the aforementioned PS "family" of products.
    I am glad the ps4 wont kill the ps3 instantly...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    I really doubt it, look how long the Ps2 stuck around

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    It will probably be up to the developers just like right now with PS3 and Vita's trophy lists. I'm thinking they will make separate sets.
    Can anyone post a pic of what this looks like? Not fortunate enough to have a Vita

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

PRO Member

I think it depends on what the developer wants to do. There are different ways the PS3/Vita trophies are handled. Some have seperate lists and when you earn a trophy on one, you earn it on the other (Sound Shapes, Sly 4), others have one trophy list for both versions of the game (Guacamelee!, Retro City Rampage) and some have to separate lists entirely (Playstation All-Stars). Since there's so many different ways this is handled, I don't think Sony really cares how a games trophies are earned on different platforms.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

We all don't know what's going to happen yet.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yeah I think it will be the same way as with the ps vita and ps3.