Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

inFAMOUS 2 players decided the direction of inFAMOUS: Second Son

This is a discussion on inFAMOUS 2 players decided the direction of inFAMOUS: Second Son within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; According to the latest article at GameInformer.com on Sucker Punch's new PS4 title "inFAMOUS: Second Son", they pulled data from ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

inFAMOUS 2 players decided the direction of inFAMOUS: Second Son

According to the latest article at GameInformer.com on Sucker Punch's new PS4 title "inFAMOUS: Second Son", they pulled data from PS3 player's trophies from inFAMOUS 2 to see how players wanted the series to progress.

“When we got done with Infamous 2, we had given players this choice of whether or not they wanted to heroically sacrifice Cole or keep him alive at the expense of the human population,” says game director Nate Fox. “The game shipped and we started seeing trophy data, and 78 percent of players decided to sacrifice Cole and have him die. We wanted to honor their choice so moving forward we said ‘Let’s make a new hero.’”
    So, 78% of you complaining about having a new hero instead of Cole being in this only have yourselves to blame. I went with the evil ending first, so I'm with the 22% who did my part to keep Cole around. Balls in your court, suckers.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Played through it on evil because i remembered having more fun in the first game playing on evil although I liked the good endings better in both the rest of the game was just more fun playing as evil Cole.

Not sure if ill end up getting second son but at least they aren't stretching out the same character for heaps of games I suppose.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I played as both on my first playthrough after doing the mission one way i would reload my save and do the other way to get the other trophy. SO i cant remember which ending i unlocked first but who cares if cole returns or not i didnt like him much anyway. I liked the combat in infamous thats all cant wait for infamous second son

Labels

I did the evil ending first but definitely would have preferred a new protagonist over Cole.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Mr. 70 Plats

No bitching from my direction. I played it on the good side, so it really doesn't affect me one bit if he was around or dead.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I actually finished the evil one first, but because I wanted to get it done fast LOL
    I really hate having to do bad decisions D:

Lvl 7 - Gold

I like that they keep us in mind when they work on Sony exclusives. I feel like most companies don't care about us the way they do.

Change is good

Wait wait wait, people are complaining about a new hero? WHY? Infamous 2 was good, but Cole's story is finished, done. Nothing more needs to happen.

But I've never seen anyone complain about a new hero, that is just down-right idiotic.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

People are complaining about Deslin? Cole's story is over, I'm glad a new protagonist is in the cards.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I did both endings (don't remember which first). depends how this new hero will play out

Lvl 2 - Bronze

As gay as the original characters looked in Infamous 2, I'm glad they ended it there. The original ones were 100x better designed. Besides even if they stuck with cole, they would have transformed him into some skinny jean wearing, jonas brothers looking little bitch who looks like the only thing he had been through was, do i look gay, or even gayer in the mirror. Vs the saved the world, or tried to end it a couple times looking character. Plus if they did stick with cole, and did the evil ending, they would have needed to keep going west to take over all of the US, and like all stories with bad guys, there probably would have been someone stronger who would have killed you at the end of the game, and changed characters anyway. Not to mention if they continued with the evil ending, there no longer would be a good/bad karma system bc you would be doing all bad, which would then just make this a evil villian killing everything game, or turn it into a redemption type game, but at 1st all actions would be evil, then all would either be good or evil at the end with no real choice for the player.

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by bmj2k7 View Post
    As gay as the original characters looked in Infamous 2, I'm glad they ended it there. The original ones were 100x better designed. Besides even if they stuck with cole, they would have transformed him into some skinny jean wearing, jonas brothers looking little bitch who looks like the only thing he had been through was, do i look gay, or even gayer in the mirror. Vs the saved the world, or tried to end it a couple times looking character. Plus if they did stick with cole, and did the evil ending, they would have needed to keep going west to take over all of the US, and like all stories with bad guys, there probably would have been someone stronger who would have killed you at the end of the game, and changed characters anyway. Not to mention if they continued with the evil ending, there no longer would be a good/bad karma system bc you would be doing all bad, which would then just make this a evil villian killing everything game, or turn it into a redemption type game, but at 1st all actions would be evil, then all would either be good or evil at the end with no real choice for the player.
    What do you got against gay people?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Nothing but Im not buying a decent game at best, which isnt even better than the original and play with some sissy who looks like he cant lift his arm, let alone believe he's the worlds savior or a devil on earth. Its just not believable. And did you see the original new cole, he looked like some 90210 bitch who probably couldnt punch a fly and it feel hit, how then could you think hes going to hit some super strong enemy and make him fly back by punching him?

Where The Wind Blows

Quote Originally Posted by bmj2k7 View Post
    Nothing but Im not buying a decent game at best, which isnt even better than the original and play with some sissy who looks like he cant lift his arm, let alone believe he's the worlds savior or a devil on earth. Its just not believable. And did you see the original new cole, he looked like some 90210 bitch who probably couldnt punch a fly and it feel hit, how then could you think hes going to hit some super strong enemy and make him fly back by punching him?
    >being this upset

As to the thread in general, I think Cole's story could have stretched out through another game. I once conceptualized an inFAMOUS 3 plot that would revolve around surviving Conduits attempting to resurrect Cole to help fight a new, tyrannical government. (Basically, the Militia regrouped and gone national after the events in New Marais.) I would have liked to see such a thing; but Deslin is just as good and being upset about Second Son's new character is dumb. Honestly, the only thing to fear is that making Deslin a "jack-of-all-trades" Conduit will backfire and no one power will feel as good as electricity. I could see that happening.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

don't care if he lives or not. its realy cool that they do that though, looking how the players did. I think I killed him too, the first time.

Ghost Assassin

It's a little odd to decide the fate of the next game based on what trophy they unlocked first. I, for one, always play for the good side in games first and after that I play the evil/bad side. I'm sure there's a lot of people with this same mentality. Others might always play the evil side before switching over to the good. So, the ONLY people complaining are the ones that are part of the 78% that decided to sacrifice cole? I'm sure there are a lot of people from the other 22% complaining that they would like to keep playing as the evil cole.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Dammm it, so if more people did the evil ending, this InFamous game would be full of super powered people. Arrruughh
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: W@W/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

INTJ

good job sucker punch you created a gigantic plothole.

"The Conduit bomb didn't kill everyone that was a conduit because it wasn't powerful enough (Even though we saw people die in africa and the only place conduits could survive is the INDIAN OCEAN without any warning at all) but it somehow wiped off that Conduit-spread plauge off the face of the earth"

Cash in and wannabe modern mega man (you think he's going to earn each new power from separate people with no conflict at all? it's a video game.)

should of went with the evil ending, at least it would be original and interesting.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    So, the ONLY people complaining are the ones that are part of the 78% that decided to sacrifice cole? I'm sure there are a lot of people from the other 22% complaining that they would like to keep playing as the evil cole.
    No, no, no... I was simply stating that based off the percentages, of all the people complaining, appx. 78% of them killed Cole, so it's their fault he won't be in this game. And even if he was alive, chances are he would have only been a cameo, or possibly the "villain" that the new hero would have to defeat. So, hey... we dodged a bullet, I guess.

OT: Personally, I wasn't really speaking to whether or not I think they should have brought Cole back for the third game. Now that I know the reasoning behind leaving him dead and why there are still Conduits, I'm perfectly content. And to those questioning it, yes, I have in fact seen many rants on sites like gamespot, ign, etc. and even on Facebook, complaining about the new hero/lack of Cole in inFAMOUS: Second Son. I'm quite happy with the resolution of both endings to inFAMOUS 2, and I'm just happy that we're getting another one. I thought for sure the series was over and SPP would be moving onto a new IP. Glad to see I was wrong.

PRO Member

No matter what ending they picked Cole shouldn't be the protagonist. I know there are plenty of inFamous fans in here (myself included), but we have to face facts... Cole's story is played out regardless of what ending in 2 you picked. If he dies, then you have a new hero by default. If he lives, playing the entire game as a maniacal/unstoppable evil villain is not really all that fun... And a Zelda-esque reset is about as cliche as cliche gets.

So either way the smart thing to do was shuffle Cole out of the story in favor of a new protagonist.

@PS360: As far as the plothole is concerned, I find it largely irrelevant. They will craft the story to be what it will, and so long as it makes sense in the canon the story still has a lot of potential. Its a freaking super-hero game, some suspension of disbelief needs to be employed here. If you micro-analyze everything, there isn't a plot in gaming (or movies or books) that doesn't have its fair share of plotholes. While I find this a particularly glaring one, I also don't find the explanation particularly implausible: Power doesn't necessarily mean distance from epicenter, it could also be prevalence of genetic material (much in the same way the flu changes every year). I will atleast give it the benefit of the doubt.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast