Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PS4 Winning the Twitter War by HUGE Margin...

This is a discussion on PS4 Winning the Twitter War by HUGE Margin... within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE I think people are being a bit hasty saying its all over, they just showed exactly ...

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I think people are being a bit hasty saying its all over, they just showed exactly what Sony did not . They showed the Box because Sony never . They announced 8 new games, they talked about the Kinect which if perfected could be an awesome addition . I am a Sony fan but Sony has not won shit yet and people are clutching at straws, they never showed much and this is not because they have nothing to show, it because E3 is a few weeks away.

Whether people like it or not they did all they needed to, everybody even Sony fans are talking about there machine . People are making out as though it cannot handle games as good as the PS4 but it looks the exact same to me in the specs given, it will run the same games apart from exclusives . Way too much credit is given to exclusives, Uncharted Sucks now, GOW sucks now, Killzone is not for everyone ( I love it ) , Motorstorm sucks, Resistance is hit or miss, some others I have not played I cannot comment on but why have I not played them .

Sony's future certainly looks brighter with The Last of Us, Infamous Second Sun, Killzone and Beyond 2 Souls coming but they have still to announce there 8 brand new games . It makes no sense to me to slate the thing when you know nothing about it, if you can offer the exact same gaming experience minus the exclusives then there really is not that much in it, sure if you love the Sony exclusives its a no brainer but not everybody does .
    We get it. You want One. You are becoming the new Ps360 with all your all of a sudden love for Microsoft.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    We get it. You want One. You are becoming the new Ps360 with all your all of a sudden love for Microsoft.
    I don't love it, I am almost certain I will get the PS4 . I just can't understand people slating it when all they have done is reveal the box .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 9 - Gold

They've revealed much more than the Box!

Xbox One: What We Do and Don't Know - IGN

Can't see a single positive from that list. And I don't care that PS4 hasn't shown the box yet I really don't see the fuss in the box. All I care about is features inside the box and what i've seen from PS4 I like. Besides Sony can reveal their box after now that people know what Xbox1's looks like and it really isn't hard to beat in design.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post

Can't see a single positive from that list. And I don't care that PS4 hasn't shown the box yet I really don't see the fuss in the box. All I care about is features inside the box and what i've seen from PS4 I like. Besides Sony can reveal their box after now that people know what Xbox1's looks like and it really isn't hard to beat in design.
    The list is a painful read, I really cant help but think Sony must be doing the same things . There is no way in the world one would attempt all that shit without the other backing them it would be suicide .
    Sony has said it will not require always online, neither does this its a loophole but amounts to the same thing, as for pre-owned games they said you can trade games, you can on the Xbox too ............. at a price .

I will say it again, IF THESE STATEMENTS TURN OUT TO BE OFFICIAL, SONY WILL BE DOING THEM TOO

Lvl 9 - Gold

The list is a painful read, I really cant help but think Sony must be doing the same things . There is no way in the world one would attempt all that shit without the other backing them it would be suicide .
    Sony has said it will not require always online, neither does this its a loophole but amounts to the same thing, as for pre-owned games they said you can trade games, you can on the Xbox too ............. at a price .

I will say it again, IF THESE STATEMENTS TURN OUT TO BE OFFICIAL, SONY WILL BE DOING THEM TOO
    All of those were from microsoft people even the head of relations with people for XBox(dunno what his exact title is) how much more official can you get? im still thinking there will be a used game fee similar to an online pass, but the mention of it nearly being full price for xbox is insane, and the "we never considered always online" from Sony means its probably a more traditional way of using internet for some stuff but not all instead of online once every 24hours.

I also think that a lot of these features will already be in the Ps4 just in different ways, like Microsoft kept mentioning the cloud computing, Sony has gaika that they could use in the same way, the entertainment side of it I'm sure there are other integrations they already mentioned Ustream and sharing of stuff, social aspect they mentioned linking with other stuff already the only thing I'm not sure on is the fact MS has Skype behind the Xbox.

I am pretty sure that the PSmove/eye stuff will be more integrated and come with every console much like the kinect but I don't think it will be as major of a part of the set top... I mean console as with the Xbox and wont always be required to be connected.

To me the Ps4 has almost all of the positives that I would actually want with none of the negatives from what we know now, more powerful, games and not entertainment focused, can still use for interaction with others if you wish social media and so on which isnt really to much of a deal for me personally, can still be used as a bluray player/4K movies later on same as the xbox is going to have.

I for one am pretty tempted to already put in my ps4 preorder now I was going to wait until a month or two away but Ill probably wait until I'e seen some more from E3 now just to be on the safe side.

Edit:
    Oh and they also mentioned at the MS event smartphone other device Etc connectivity with Xbox, Sony also talked about how they will have the playstation App for phones and so on and probably going to integrate the Vita with the Ps4 like the WiiU and the smart glass idea for Microsoft.
    If Sony continue with the free online PS+ the way it is even with half the amount of content its pretty much a no contest if you want to use your console for games, I'm thinking that the xbox is going to be a fair bit more expensive than I first thought with the kinect integration and so on unless they just sell it at a massive loss (which they could do if they wanted) it will be the same price as the PS4.

The Stereotype Killer

The stats on the "war" or whatever now are still in a landslide. Seems as though mostly everyone (even the microsoft fanboys) were not impressed yesterday.
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr

Lvl 9 - Gold

You are turning like ps360 with nintendo. There is no gauruntee sony will they are competitors why would they back microsoft They want to win and I can't justify these weird decisions

illegal in 9 countries

There is no gauruntee sony will they are competitors why would they back microsoft They want to win and I can't justify these weird decisions
    Agreed. Microsoft can afford to screw the pooch on this one, Sony can't.
    Sony's betting the house on the PS4. If they fuck it up, they're sunk.

Rangers F.C

You are turning like ps360 with nintendo. There is no gauruntee sony will they are competitors why would they back microsoft They want to win and I can't justify these weird decisions
    Very original with the PS360 thing, did you see that somewhere . There is no guarantee Sony will do it, but they will if Microsoft does . As far as pre-owned games go, it would require the devs, Sony and Microsoft to all agree on a strategy to pull it off . If one dev did it and another did not there games would get boycotted same for the console manufacturers .

PRO Member

Not only Twitter, PS4 has won every single battle before E3

Rangers F.C

As soon as EA announced they were removing online passes I thought they knew something we didn't and now it is quite obvious we have the real reason EA removed online passes...because of the preowned fee from Microsoft which begs the question, would EA have removed online passes with just the Xbox One having that fee? Surely the PS4 will have something aswell to remove it, maybe not the same as Microsoft but something similar.
    I know many people think Sony have confirmed that preowned games can be played, which is true (as even with a fee they can be played) but they have also danced around the subject and not gave a simple yes/no answer.

Yoshida said:

"“Used games can play on PS4,”Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida told Eurogamer.

“That’s the general expectation by consumers. They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that’s my expectation,” he added."

So that is his expectation, and he is right saying you can play used games, as you can on the Xbox, but with a fee.

he also said:

"When asked whether games would require online registration, Yoshida noted that that decision was up to the publisher. When asked if Sony, as a publisher, would require games to be registered online, Yoshida said, "we are not talking about that plan."

So maybe they will give the publisher the decision, a decision EA seems to have already taken lol It will wash Sonys hands of any potential backlash doing it like that, which is clever and much better than blocking every game, some publishers might be nice

Then, after the above quotes, the UK Playstation managing director said:

According to the managing director of Playstation UK the second hand games debate has yet to be clarified:

"Well first of all, we haven’t stated that second-hand games… we haven’t made a statement on the second-hand games question," answered Gara. "There was a lot of reaction to a patent that was filed, which is a matter of course for a technology business like us, to file various patents at various times, many of which many never see any application but they are good to have depending on ideas that might be building."

"So what we’re here to do is offer the best value and the best gaming experience for gamers," he continued. "The answer to the pre-owned question isn’t clarified just yet and we’re working through that and we’ll announce our position in more detail as and when we can."
    I saw this on the Sony site, its just a forum member but it explains better than I do lol . Sony IMO will be doing it too .

PRO Member

90% PS4
    10% Xbox One

WHO DAT!!!!

xbox one is a joke compared to the ps4, i know SEVERAL hardcore xboxers that are getting a ps4.....so we will see.....IMO sony will own in a year or so

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Twitter and fanboys aside, after talking to numerous friends/coworkers/gaming family members. (people with money who will buy a console) Only one person of what was once a nearly 50/50 split is sticking with Microsoft and the XB1 (I don't know what to call it, X1? Xbone? XB1? TVBox?) - that means Sony is very likely to start off with a major lead with nearly everybody except the CoD faithful (who can't wait a few weeks for the same content - impatient twats) or Microsoft exclusive fans. It's really quite amazing how poorly the initial reception is that the XB1 has been to consumers and how quickly Microsoft has lost so many people.

There is about 18 days and some change for Microsoft to pull off one of the biggest turnarounds in public reception in the history of gaming. Will they fork out their checkbooks and sign some major exclusivity deals for FIFA and Madden? Will they unveil something Halo related to get a few more people back on their side? Will they limit the amount of times they say TV to under 20 for their conference and go back to showing off what their GAMING console can do? We shall see, but I really don't think they will be able to fix this one in less than three weeks. If they have idiots pulling the strings that okay'd all of this, they will probably continue to okay more retarded shit that isolates gamers and pushes them towards the competition.

There are a lot of intangibles up to this point, but perception and reception are not in Microsoft's favor and they are well on their way to losing this console war before it even starts - and you'd have to be blind to not see how far behind they are now. They certainly have the capabilities (IE money) to fix this with some major band-aids now, but I don't think they will. There are very few in Microsoft's corner now, and less with each muddled confusing proclamation/denial and forced upon us "feature." The games could save them, but I just don't think there are as many "wow" games of those 15 as people think. We're likely to have 1-3 games that are above average and most likely that just isn't enough.

Sony will have to fuck this up big time to lose the head start, and I don't think they will. They've played this next generation with the proper mix of desperation, reparation, and reception. They listen to the fans, and that's meaning all the difference in the world for this coming cycle. The games will be there, and will only get better because Sony is about the games first. Nobody has more developmental studios, a more open policy with indie/up and coming developers, or a plethora of brand name first party titles that span many genres. It would take a major fuck up for them not to have an amazing head start.

But, alas, E3 is less than three weeks away and that's when most of the cards will be turned over and the real speculation can begin because it's almost a guarantee we'll get price points then and that will be a major factor. If the two are similar in price, I'd expect Sony to have a marginal lead to kick things off. From there - who knows.
    Last edited by Rubicant81; 05-22-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Twitter and fanboys aside, after talking to numerous friends/coworkers/gaming family members. (people with money who will buy a console) Only one person of what was once a nearly 50/50 split is sticking with Microsoft and the XB1 (I don't know what to call it, X1? Xbone? XB1? TVBox?) - that means Sony is very likely to start off with a major lead with nearly everybody except the CoD faithful (who can't wait a few weeks for the same content - impatient twats) or Microsoft exclusive fans. It's really quite amazing how poorly the initial reception is that the XB1 has been to consumers and how quickly Microsoft has lost so many people.

There is about 18 days and some change for Microsoft to pull off one of the biggest turnarounds in public reception in the history of gaming. Will they fork out their checkbooks and sign some major exclusivity deals for FIFA and Madden? Will they unveil something Halo related to get a few more people back on their side? Will they limit the amount of times they say TV to under 20 for their conference and go back to showing off what their GAMING console can do? We shall see, but I really don't think they will be able to fix this one in less than three weeks. If they have idiots pulling the strings that okay'd all of this, they will probably continue to okay more retarded shit that isolates gamers and pushes them towards the competition.

There are a lot of intangibles up to this point, but perception and reception are not in Microsoft's favor and they are well on their way to losing this console war before it even starts - and you'd have to be blind to not see how far behind they are now. They certainly have the capabilities (IE money) to fix this with some major band-aids now, but I don't think they will. There are very few in Microsoft's corner now, and less with each muddled confusing proclamation/denial and forced upon us "features." The games could save them, but I just don't think there are as many "wow" games of those 15 as people think. We're likely to have 1-3 games that are above average and most likely that just isn't enough.

Sony will have to fuck this up big time to lose the head start, and I don't think they will. They've played this next generation with the proper mix of desperation, reparation, and reception. They listen to the fans, and that's meaning all the difference in the world for this coming cycle. The games will be there, and will only get better because Sony is about the games first. Nobody has more developmental studios, a more open policy with indie/up and coming developers, or a plethora of brand name first party titles that span many genres. It would take a major fuck up for them not to have an amazing head start.

But, alas, E3 is less than three weeks away and that's when most of the cards will be turned over and the real speculation can begin because it's almost a guarantee we'll get price points then and that will be a major factor. If the two are similar in price, I'd expect Sony to have a marginal lead to kick things off. From there - who knows.
    I don't need many games,Killzone,Infamous,Destiny,Knack and Drive Club are enough for launch games
    Sony has the most amazing studios and the best exclusives.It doesn't only have good 1st person shooters and a good racing game (I AM TALKING TO YOU MICROSOFT!)
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post

There are a lot of intangibles up to this point, but perception and reception are not in Microsoft's favor and they are well on their way to losing this console war before it even starts - and you'd have to be blind to not see how far behind they are now. They certainly have the capabilities (IE money) to fix this with some major band-aids now, but I don't think they will. There are very few in Microsoft's corner now, and less with each muddled confusing proclamation/denial and forced upon us "features." The games could save them, but I just don't think there are as many "wow" games of those 15 as people think. We're likely to have 1-3 games that are above average and most likely that just isn't enough.

I really doubt the margins will be anywhere near what they are now after E3, Microsoft is a billion dollar company there not going to fuck up on this scale, lets be serious . They have been in the console market a while too, they have not shown much ................. that is all, it does not mean there is nothing to show . All the hardcore gamers are going nuts because its not focused on gaming, the thing so far does everything the PS4 does and they have not focused attention on gaming ................ yet as they have said repeatedly . The presentation sucked and was boring, I bet its not the same at E3 .

Before anyone says stop acting like PS360, there is no valid reason anybody apart from a fanboy or a sheep following the herd can give me to not support both consoles .

INTJ

ur all jelus of the tru next gen with DLC (Dog Loadable Content)

Plats-O'-War!!

What about game disc-rental services like Lovefilm and Gamefly?That's obviously going to be affected, but we don't yet know how.
    Can I play my friend's games on my console?
    NO, not unless you're signed in as them. Otherwise you will have to pay, full-price, to access that game. The clearest stance on this comes from Eurogamer's interview with Harrison: "I can come to your house and I can put the disc into your machine and I can sign in as me and we can play the game. The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it. The bits are already on your hard drive, so it's just a question of going to our [online] store and buying the game, and then it's instantly available to play. The bits that are on the disc, I can give to anybody else, but if we both want to play it at the same time, we both have to own it. That's no different to how discs operate today."
    Microsoft's Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) put it this way: "Should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile." But then if you go home and leave the disc with your friend, they will have to pay for that game if they want to play it on their own profile.
    Those 2 posts alone will hurt those who get games through Lovefilm and Gamefly (will affect the company as well). And especially those who borrow games from their friends. Man, this is gonna hurt!!

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Those 2 posts alone will hurt those who get games through Lovefilm and Gamefly (will affect the company as well). And especially those who borrow games from their friends. Man, this is gonna hurt!!
    I have been getting all my games from Lovefilm for the last eight months and would hate to see it end . I hope the shit storm is enough for them and Sony to scrap this idea .

Threat

I really doubt the margins will be anywhere near what they are now after E3, Microsoft is a billion dollar company there not going to fuck up on this scale, lets be serious . They have been in the console market a while too, they have not shown much ................. that is all, it does not mean there is nothing to show . All the hardcore gamers are going nuts because its not focused on gaming, the thing so far does everything the PS4 does and they have not focused attention on gaming ................ yet as they have said repeatedly . The presentation sucked and was boring, I bet its not the same at E3. Before anyone says stop acting like PS360, there is no valid reason anybody apart from a fanboy or a sheep following the herd can give me to not support both consoles .
    No valid reason? The entire reveal is a valid reason.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast