Sony Responds to#PS4noDRM Fans, doesn't confirm/deny if there will be DRM.

This is a discussion on Sony Responds to#PS4noDRM Fans, doesn't confirm/deny if there will be DRM. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony Employees Respond to 'PS4 No DRM' Campaign Following the concerns around used games on Xbox One and unsubstantiated rumours ...

INTJ

Sony Responds to#PS4noDRM Fans, doesn't confirm/deny if there will be DRM.

Sony Employees Respond to 'PS4 No DRM' Campaign

Following the concerns around used games on Xbox One and unsubstantiated rumours from GameTrailer's Geoff Keighley that Sony might impose a DRM scheme to prevent the use of trade-ins on PS4 the No PS4 DRM Twitter campaign, which kicked off with a NeoGAF forum post, has been acknowledged by several key Sony employees.
    https://twitter.com/jpkoller/statuse...75150017642496

This is why I love PlayStation fans- the passion bucket overflows #playstation
    https://twitter.com/Nikoro/statuses/339020541816098816

Humbled by the outpouring of passionate PlayStation fans and their willingness to talk to us directly. Please know that we hear you. <3
    https://twitter.com/RohdeScott/statu...16945975619584

I love passionate #PlayStation Fans!!
    https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/stat...70573080231936

To all the fans, with a special mention to GAFfers, I *love* your passion. It convinces me that the path I chose 31 years ago was right.
    The campaign has picked up a lot of favourable reactions from major game media members including Kotaku's Jason Schreier and Destructoid's Jim Sterling.

Sony has yet to announce its plans for pre-owned games on PS4 though it's good to know that the company does at least appear to be listening to concerns that they'll place restrictions on used games. While the Tweets above belong to the personal accounts of Sony employees rather than the official PlayStation Twitter the high level staff at the company involved in the PS4 are no doubt aware of what's going on.

Neither Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Worldwide Studios and probably the most senior Sony employee on Twitter, nor the actual PlayStation account have commented on the matter. Sony has not yet issued a statement regarding the campaign and this story will be updated should they do so.

Hopefully, we'll have a better picture following E3 next month. In the meantime, if you'd like to join the Twitter campaign you can send this open letter to Sony as well as EA, Ubisoft and Capcom.

The PS4 is set to be released later this year.

ur passionate congrats!!!!!1

oh wait you wanted a actual answer on ps4 drm #Ps4toughshit

Lvl 6 - Silver

at least I wont have the possibility of being watched by the ever watchful, always on kinect eye.
    all I have ti say is stay out of my house/living room unless you are invited. and no just by buying it does NOT mean I give consent.
    "IF" used games are locked out that just means we dont buy the games until 1 year later when the price comes down. when the developers see they are not getting the money they did prior, things will change

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    at least I wont have the possibility of being watched by the ever watchful, always on kinect eye. all I have ti say is stay out of my house/living room unless you are invited. and no just by buying it does NOT mean I give consent. "IF" used games are locked out that just means we dont buy the games until 1 year later when the price comes down. when the developers see they are not getting the money they did prior, things will change
    you can turn the camera off.

INTJ

at least I wont have the possibility of being watched by the ever watchful, always on kinect eye.
    The Playstation 4 Has a PS Eye Standard with the console.

whats the difference besides the obvious Infrared technology.

Saints Row IV

Yes,but it won't be BASED on this camera,like kinect does
    PS4 will just focus on gaming....i will wait till E3 to see more information about DRM
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

PRO Member

We're on the right track, but who knows what will be at the end of this road... Counting the days till E3

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    you can turn the camera off.
    I dont trust its off, and what could be done with my image without my consent

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    The Playstation 4 Has a PS Eye Standard with the console.

whats the difference besides the obvious Infrared technology.

for PS360
    refer to brAvEhEaRtDC's comment

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    Yes,but it won't be BASED on this camera,like kinect does
    PS4 will just focus on gaming....i will wait till E3 to see more information about DRM
    Last edited by CaptainHowdy72; 05-28-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typos

illegal in 9 countries

Used game DRM is good for the industry, it's the model that is pissing off the Xbox community. For example, Online Passes are a fair way of implementing it relatively cheaply whereas MS is forcing full price for second-hand.

Buy new and it'll make zero difference to your life (wait longer to save some dosh), but it'll mean more, better and cheaper games for all of us by supporting those make them instead of retail middle-men.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I dont trust its off, and what could be done with my image without my consent
    Use the method some people already posted elsewhere and tape over the kinect

Ice Cream Firefighter

The whole paying for used games to be activated would not worry me at all if the PS4 did end up going the same way, I keep all my games and buy most of them Day 1 for the preorder bonuses. But I do understand that there are alot of members that don't buy new and that a move like that would be a kick in their guts.

I'm like the others, tired of people speculating and just looking forward to the full reveal at E3.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Used game DRM is good for the industry, it's the model that is pissing off the Xbox community. For example, Online Passes are a fair way of implementing it relatively cheaply whereas MS is forcing full price for second-hand.

Buy new and it'll make zero difference to your life (wait longer to save some dosh), but it'll mean more, better and cheaper games for all of us by supporting those make them instead of retail middle-men.
    I know what you are getting at but I could not agree any less, they have had digital download up and running long enough to show there intentions as far as fair pricing goes and how much they care about the consumers, the prices are way over priced and would most likely be the same for next gen games with DRM . The prices are already reported to be going up for next gen games, so where is the benefit ?

If they do this they will suffer, I imagine it would alienate loads of customers, a lot of people only buy the games that are cheap e.g no cash and not hardcore enough to want to buy new and others only like to rent . I have been gaming for life and if they do this shit, I will be very pissed and will show it by being a crap consumer, no more taking a chance on games or just picking up games that I don't know for a fact are awesome .

There is no way to justify what they are doing, they make there cash already on new sales, online passes, micro transactions, DLC there problem is they don't like to see others profit . Its been said a million times but is very important, you buy something you own it, you are free to do whatever you like with it apart from piracy, you can sell your house, car, movies, clothes, furniture, anything and the person buying it does not have to pay a fee to the dev/manufacturer, it should not be possible for them to do this, it should be illegal but greed in this world can bend the law too it seems .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Only thing I want them to do is when ps5 comes out make ps4 games and anything you bought from the ps store transferable since they can't make it happen now so my dlc's will be useless unless I plug my ps3 in
    Signature Provided By Djunglist