Official: Sony won't have DRM for PS4

This is a discussion on Official: Sony won't have DRM for PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; But will however allow developers to integrate it. Smart move on their part. That way they can say hey, we ...

DON'T BLINK

Official: Sony won't have DRM for PS4

But will however allow developers to integrate it. Smart move on their part. That way they can say hey, we aren't blocking games...it's the developer....

Kotaku [via Maxconsole] had a few questions about the PlayStation 4 and its used game DRM as well as always-online functionality. Kotaku contacted Sony directly and a representative for Sony pointed Kotaku back to one of their own articles, reiterating statements made by Sony's top dog studio chief, Shuhei Yoshida, where Kotaku originally published this info back in February...

'At a roundtable this morning, Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers. Sony won't require that." (Emphasis added.)'

It's Official: PS4 Will Not Feature Used Game DRM Like Xbox One

Kiwi Defender

Pretty much the same as Microsoft with the always-online crap.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Rangers F.C

It amounts to the same thing, paying for used games to work . I don't really care who the fuck takes the blame I care about them doing it, Xbox will probably say the same thing at E3 ............................. its not us its the devs . For the record there fucking assholes for allowing this shit to happen .
    I hope Sony and MS have terrible sales on launch, I am not buying day one now . I am going to wait now and see what other little surprises they have, the gaming industry is going down the pan I am seriously considering waving goodbye to consoles now ........................ terrible news .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    It amounts to the same thing, paying for used games to work . I don't really care who the fuck takes the blame I care about them doing it, Xbox will probably say the same thing at E3 ............................. its not us its the devs . For the record there fucking assholes for allowing this shit to happen .
    I hope Sony and MS have terrible sales on launch, I am not buying day one now . I am going to wait now and see what other little surprises they have, the gaming industry is going down the pan I am seriously considering waving goodbye to consoles now ........................ terrible news .

The difference being that XBOX is getting money from it, Sony is not.
    Xbox is mandatory, Sony is not.
    Only publisher stupid enough to do this after seeing all the backlash, EA

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    The difference being that XBOX is getting money from it, Sony is not.
    Xbox is mandatory, Sony is not.
    Only publisher stupid enough to do this after seeing all the backlash, EA
    Yeah I get that, it is a terrible thing to happen . Six months into next generation EA has its usual high sales, the others think I want some of that, next dev decides its going that way too . Half way through the generation its standard .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Platinum Dohvakiin

So basically Sony is like "We're not going to piss all those gamers off. But if you want to go that route, we'll make so that you can. Just don't blame us because gamers will hate you for it."

on a side note:

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Only publisher stupid enough to do this after seeing all the backlash, EA and Ubisoft
    There fixed that for you.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

The only sane person here

how many times will you keep using that