Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Microsoft is literally paying third party devs to not show PS4 Games at E3.

This is a discussion on Microsoft is literally paying third party devs to not show PS4 Games at E3. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE So the publishers are not going to show there games off at the biggest event in ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    So the publishers are not going to show there games off at the biggest event in the gaming calendar for a one time payoff from Microsoft, the money earned could cost them twice as much in the long run, this is just stupid and not true . Also if they are for both console why would Sony agree to not showing the games ???
    They wouldn't really have a choice, I'm pretty sure Sony couldn't force them to show the games, meaning that Microsoft could very well do this

And I wouldn't even be surprised, I heard some pretty outrageous rumours on how much M$ paid rockstar to try and get the GTAIV dlc as a M$ exclusive

PRO Member

If this is true I hope it's exposed to the public and they get destroyed by the media and everyone, they'd deserve it.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

So the publishers are not going to show there games off at the biggest event in the gaming calendar for a one time payoff from Microsoft, the money earned could cost them twice as much in the long run, this is just stupid and not true . Also if they are for both console why would Sony agree to not showing the games ???
    You do realize that the payoff is to not show their games at Sony's conference right? E3 is more than just the conferences and they could speak to the media afterwards, and still take the paycheck. This is most likely a couple million thrown here and there to keep some of the more big name titles off of Sony's stage and using it as the showcase for their games.

It already looks extremely bad that Bungie is going hardcore pro-Sony considering if it wasn't for Bungie, it's very likely the XBox never would have taken off. If they lose the likes of Rockstar, Square Enix, EA (who can use a buck or two at this moment) to revealing their biggest guns at Sony's staged conference, it's icing on the cake because Sony has been preparing for the long haul all this generation.

Sony has the best first party studios out there, and has spent the last 8 years building up exclusives that people can expect quality from. Sony doesn't have to have third party publishers to round out it's conference because we all know they're making games for all three of their current platforms. The third party publishers just go to make Microsoft look that much worse when you realize, "Yeah, we got that too."

So don't be surprised if the alterations of the Final Fantasy announcement (as one example) isn't a case of Microsoft paying off somebody like Square Enix to wait one day to show off their latest title. This isn't total hush money, it's don't show up on my competitors stage and give our already doubtful fans further reason to jump ship cash.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    You do realize that the payoff is to not show their games at Sony's conference right? E3 is more than just the conferences and they could speak to the media afterwards, and still take the paycheck. This is most likely a couple million thrown here and there to keep some of the more big name titles off of Sony's stage and using it as the showcase for their games.

It already looks extremely bad that Bungie is going hardcore pro-Sony considering if it wasn't for Bungie, it's very likely the XBox never would have taken off. If they lose the likes of Rockstar, Square Enix, EA (who can use a buck or two at this moment) to revealing their biggest guns at Sony's staged conference, it's icing on the cake because Sony has been preparing for the long haul all this generation.

Sony has the best first party studios out there, and has spent the last 8 years building up exclusives that people can expect quality from. Sony doesn't have to have third party publishers to round out it's conference because we all know they're making games for all three of their current platforms. The third party publishers just go to make Microsoft look that much worse when you realize, "Yeah, we got that too."

So don't be surprised if the alterations of the Final Fantasy announcement (as one example) isn't a case of Microsoft paying off somebody like Square Enix to wait one day to show off their latest title. This isn't total hush money, it's don't show up on my competitors stage and give our already doubtful fans further reason to jump ship cash.
    I understand it, I just don't believe it . It would cost a lot of cash and as you said would only buy them time till after the event, after it people would know and this makes it even more pointless .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 10 - Platinum

It's understandable that M$ does this because they are worried. Just like so many exclusives the PS3 "was" supposed to get and M$ throws money towards the developer and the developer brings it out multi-platform. They did that because M$ knew if games like Devil May Cry 4, GTA IV and FFXIII would have stayed exclusives then a lot of people would have bought a PS3 and found out first hand how great the system is. M$ reportedly dropped 75 million just for GTA IV.

PRO Member

Microsoft have atm lost the Next-Gen Console war with it's TV BOX/Movie Player with Gaming capability.
    The only thing Microsoft can hope for now is Sony announcing DRM and Always Online (unlikely as 65% of Japan gamers don't play online).

Well at less they didn't pay Namco for keeping Vesperia exclusive to Xbox 360 in the west or wait they did.

Plats-O'-War!!

Wow, talk about desperate huh? All this is doing is delaying the inevitable for Microsoft. Just hope this really isn't true.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Honestly, this is Microsoft & Sony

Anyway.. Microsoft is just a bunch of sore losers . This just proves that even Microsoft knows that their new console is going to blow this year. Especially if they think paying people off is really going to help their cause

Microsoft ..you tried
    ....and failed

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    Microsoft have atm lost the Next-Gen Console war with it's TV BOX/Movie Player with Gaming capability.
    The only thing Microsoft can hope for now is Sony announcing DRM and Always Online (unlikely as 65% of Japan gamers don't play online).

Well at less they didn't pay Namco for keeping Vesperia exclusive to Xbox 360 in the west or wait they did.
    They have not lost anything yet, the only thing damaged is the relationship with hardcore gamers, which they could easily win back at E3 . All they have done to this point is show what else it can do, this does not ....... NOT mean in any way that it will be a poor gaming console . There has also been no mention of price, which I think will be cheaper than Sony . I expect them to hold off on price till Sony announces there price and come in under it . I think this generation will come down to who is the cheapest, that simple the cheapest console will win .

Buy my book, Alteration

Is Microsoft really that desparate to compete? This makes them looks really bad.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

They have not lost anything yet, the only thing damaged is the relationship with hardcore gamers, which they could easily win back at E3 . All they have done to this point is show what else it can do, this does not ....... NOT mean in any way that it will be a poor gaming console . There has also been no mention of price, which I think will be cheaper than Sony . I expect them to hold off on price till Sony announces there price and come in under it . I think this generation will come down to who is the cheapest, that simple the cheapest console will win .
    Every rumored report has the Xbox being more expensive than the play station, probably because of the bundling of the kinect into every Xbox. I realize they are just rumors, but most rumors have a kernel of truth in them so we'll see whats true and whats false if they announce prices at e3.

Negator

I think this generation will come down to who is the cheapest, that simple the cheapest console will win .
    So, you're choosing Wii-U as the next-gen winner?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Stay golden, Ponyboy

This is really low for M$ but it's also not surprising.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    So, you're choosing Wii-U as the next-gen winner?
    No, I dont even count it as this gen

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    Every rumored report has the Xbox being more expensive than the play station, probably because of the bundling of the kinect into every Xbox. I realize they are just rumors, but most rumors have a kernel of truth in them so we'll see whats true and whats false if they announce prices at e3.
    For me it makes sense that the MS console would be cheapest, Sony sold at a loss last time and cant afford to this time round . MS could afford to and if they wanted to throw a spanner in the works this is how they could do it, unless they are confident in there product and don't see the need .

Negator

For me it makes sense that the MS console would be cheapest, Sony sold at a loss last time and cant afford to this time round . MS could afford to and if they wanted to throw a spanner in the works this is how they could do it, unless they are confident in there product and don't see the need .
    Both companies took a loss on hardware. They make up for it in software sales.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by xMusiicAddictx View Post
    Honestly, this is Microsoft & Sony

Anyway.. Microsoft is just a bunch of sore losers . This just proves that even Microsoft knows that their new console is going to blow this year. Especially if they think paying people off is really going to help their cause

Microsoft ..you tried
    ....and failed
    I wouldn't say that's Microsoft and Sony, I mean its Microsoft we're seeing using underhand tactics to try and sell their console. The fact their doing this doesn't give a good face to the Xbox if they themselves realise that the features on the Xbox aren't good enough to be the main selling point, so they instead try a campaign to lower the selling point of their competitors.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Both companies took a loss on hardware. They make up for it in software sales.
    Never knew MS did but they certainly have the deeper pockets .

Lvl 7 - Gold

Honestly, I think Sony has enough exclusive titles coming out that it wouldn't even matter if this was true, which I seriously doubt. I think Sony knows what a huge advantage they have right now and they know just how to capitalize on all this momentum. And as far as console price goes, you get what you pay for and if the Suckbox One is, let's say, $500, which is the low end of what I'm expecting, is it really $500 better than an Suckbox 360? I have no idea how they are planning on saving themselves but they should prepare for a real asswhoopin this holiday season.

Lvl 9 - Gold

If that's true then Microsoft have just lost all credibility as a developer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast