Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Microsoft is literally paying third party devs to not show PS4 Games at E3.

This is a discussion on Microsoft is literally paying third party devs to not show PS4 Games at E3. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 – Report Microsoft is allegedly paying many third-party ...

INTJ

Microsoft is literally paying third party devs to not show PS4 Games at E3.

Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 – Report

Microsoft is allegedly paying many third-party publishers so that they won't show off their PlayStation 4 games at E3 2013, according to a new report.

E3 2013, the most important games convention out there, is set to begin next week, and both Microsoft and Sony are expected to focus heavily on their next-gen consoles, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, respectively.

In order to gain the upper hand on Sony, Microsoft is apparently resorting to some unorthodox practices, like paying a lot of money to third-party publishers so that they won't show their PlayStation 4 games either on stage or at their actual booths.

The report arrives from a source on NeoGAF, which posted a lot of true rumors in the past, so it's possible that Microsoft really is resorting to such tactics ahead of E3 2013.

The company emphasized that at the event it's going to focus only on games for the Xbox One, so it could try to create a false sense that more games are coming to Xbox One than PS4.

O_o

Morale of this story is; When in doubt, throw money at everything.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

This can't be real

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinums : Assassin's Creed II - Batman: Arkham Asylum - Batman: Arkham City - Dante's Inferno - Darksiders I - Dead Space - God Of War I - God Of War II - God Of War III - God Of War: Ascension - God Of War: Chains Of Olympus - God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta - Heavy Rain - inFamous - Mass Effect 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Uncharted II: Among Thieves

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Morale of this story is; When in doubt, throw money at everything.
    Hey, it sometimes works!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

.... really? I mean... really?

PRO Member

This would be extremely, extremely funny if it turns out to be true.

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

PRO Member

i just read something new on the xbox one .................... read this if y'all are interested

Xbox One: It's Made For Publishers, Not For You - NowGamer

-i- love myself.

Oh god... please let this not be true.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

Wow... just wow. Well I hope it backfires on them just like the reveal and the press release. Seems like they've been doing nothing but damage control or attempted damage control since the reveal.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimaerah View Post
    Seems like they've been doing nothing but damage control or attempted damage control since the reveal.
    And failing miserably at that as well...
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 9 - Gold

So they are paying them off, sony just lets them show their games a few days/weeks later why are they throwing cash at it lol.

Lvl 8 - Gold

LOL! Microsoft's wasting money as always.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Screw games. Let's waste money on timed exclusives and paying off publishers to not show games at Sony's conference.

Microsoft is a joke even more so than Nintendo. At least Nintendo is for gaming.

Galaxy beauty pirate

If that's true then it's really an ass move from Microsoft. Bunch of a$$holes.
    Sig by Ramon

Deathless Destroyer

The devs will probably be like: "Hey, I got a couple million dollars! I'll just hold off showing my epic new game for 20 minutes... "

In all seriousness, Microsoft is really desperate and are trying everything they can to blur the fact that the XBOX One will be a complete failure.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Rangers F.C

This is stupid, it amazes me how a bit of bad press turns into a witch hunt . It makes no sense for them or the publishers to do this .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    This is stupid, it amazes me how a bit of bad press turns into a witch hunt . It makes no sense for them or the publishers to do this .
    Sure it does. Sony forced their hand by showing off early and now they have to scramble to look good. I seriously think that if Sony hadn't said anything at all until E3, a lot of different things would have occurred as far as the xbone is concerned.

They surely wouldn't have gone with the vhs look. To me it seems like they just took the first prototype design and ran with it just to be able to say "ha ha, at leas we showed ours."

If the rumors are true in this thread here ( RUMOR: Microsoft next-gen titles up to six months behind schedule ) then it makes even more sense because that way they can say "we got more games than Sony showing ha ha" all while having FUCK ALL to show.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Sure it does. Sony forced their hand by showing off early and now they have to scramble to look good. I seriously think that if Sony hadn't said anything at all until E3, a lot of different things would have occurred as far as the xbone is concerned.

They surely wouldn't have gone with the vhs look. To me it seems like they just took the first prototype design and ran with it just to be able to say "ha ha, at leas we showed ours."

If the rumors are true in this thread here ( RUMOR: Microsoft next-gen titles up to six months behind schedule ) then it makes even more sense because that way they can say "we got more games than Sony showing ha ha" all while having FUCK ALL to show.
    So the publishers are not going to show there games off at the biggest event in the gaming calendar for a one time payoff from Microsoft, the money earned could cost them twice as much in the long run, this is just stupid and not true . Also if they are for both console why would Sony agree to not showing the games ???
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Threat

Hopefully this isn't true, but if it is it just shows how desperate Microsoft is getting.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast