EA CTO: Battlefield 4 On PS4 has 60 FPS, 1080p

This is a discussion on EA CTO: Battlefield 4 On PS4 has 60 FPS, 1080p within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; EA Teases Battlefield 4 For PS4; Next Gen 8-10x More Powerful - Dual Pixels | Dual Pixels EA is gearing ...

INTJ

EA CTO: Battlefield 4 On PS4 has 60 FPS, 1080p

EA Teases Battlefield 4 For PS4; Next Gen 8-10x More Powerful - Dual Pixels | Dual Pixels

EA is gearing up for the next generation, it’s no secret at this point. During the recent conference call we told you about (not too long ago) EA teased Battlefield 4, their next generation AAA shooter that will without a doubt be making a debut on PS4.

Rajat Taneja, EA CTO, seemed very enthusiastic about Battlefield 4 saying that it is indeed “stunning”; he then follows up with an implication that PS4′s power is aiding the creative development of the title. The title runs in 1080p and 60FPS. “The imagination of the developers along with that power”; Rajat Taneja also sees the next generation of gaming consoles being 8-10x more powerful than this one we’re currently in.

In addition, Taneja sees a emphasis on Cloud and digital distribution moving forward. EA expects an increase in the price of new video games likely bringing them up to $69.99 until the costs of development subside.

Finally, EA is working on 15 of their core titles for the next generation with FIFA 14 being released this year on next and current consoles.

out of all the people that need to do 1080p 60 FPS on a console, EA does it first. fucking hell even the shittiest gaming company gets it.

all games should be like that.

PRO Member

yep, definitely not buying the PS3 version.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    yep, definitely not buying the PS3 version.
    ^

No point in buying a version of a game which is much worse (PS3) than a much, much better version of the same game (PS4) a couple of weeks later.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, [I]120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 3 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Youtube Channel

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 9 - Gold

Was thinking it would be 60 fps 720p but this is good news.

Now people have 1080p COD.. or 1080P Battlefield running at 60fps to choose from on console.. hmm.

In addition, Taneja sees a emphasis on Cloud and digital distribution moving forward. EA expects an increase in the price of new video games likely bringing them up to $69.99 until the costs of development subside.
    Didn't they say it would be quicker to make games now anyway? I mean I understand they are making a game for 5 platforms now.. but still.

Just noticed this is from feburary I wonder how up to date their info will be.

Like others said I never even considered buying this for Ps3 as it just wont run at all well.

Carpe Diem

Nice. I'm still waiting the 5 or so months for the inevitable premium edition

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 7 - Gold

i wonder how high the setting on ps4 console is when it runs on 1080p resolution with 60 fps

ps4 cost 550 in australia
    i want to get nvidia 770 gpu which is apparently double the power of graphics to whatever ps4 is using cost about 515

although i still want the ps4 due to exclusives still undecided on what i should do first get new gpu for my gaming pc or get new console

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm still gonna get the Premium Edition on Pc when it comes out.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 7 - Gold

ye i want the pc version the ps4 definitely beats my current 550 ti lol

just don't know what to spend money on first ps4 or upgraded pc

looking forward to both in future ps4 plus upgraded gaming pc

been playing bf3 with 550 ti on 1080p most high setting about 40 fps which is not to bad not sure what ill get out of bf4 with this old card