View Poll Results: Day one purchase for you?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

70 59.83%
  • No

11 9.40%
  • Will wait until 2014

24 20.51%
  • Will wait for a price drop

12 10.26%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Day 1 purchase for you?

This is a discussion on Day 1 purchase for you? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s Yes. I'm resisting the overwhelming urge to pre-order until I see what bundles are on offer. ...

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Yes. I'm resisting the overwhelming urge to pre-order until I see what bundles are on offer.
    This. If it comes bundled with Watch Dogs (I'm hoping) then I'll be going for that, at the very least.

Edit: Broke down and preordered it today. Moved my ACIV preorder to PS4 too.
    Last edited by Xerces2911; 06-12-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

PRO Member

Already preordered. With a 399 price tag they will be backordered worse than the ps3 was a launch. Good luck if you want to get one even a few months after release. Also, gamestop has several bundles listed but it's not any cheaper than buying core system and a game separate. I just preordered the core system from amazon. I'll figure out what games I want day 1 later
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Local Drunk

I'm seriously considering pre-ordering it, don't think I could wait til next year or a price drop lol.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was going to buy one when they first come out, but now that you will basically need to be perpetually paying Sony for a + subscription to get any proper use out of it the PS4, it doesn't seem to work out to be such a bargain as it might first appear.

Since I try to avoid games that require online trophies to get Platinum, and I rarely play online anyway, and none of the new interactive "Facebook type Features"[that will require you to be connected to the PSN to use] interest me, I would be forking out money for what would probably end up as a unused, multi hundred dollar brick.

If there were some games that I "Really" wanted to play that were only playable on the PS4, then yes I'll get one.
    But as it stands at the moment I see no point.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I was going to buy one when they first come out, but now that you will basically need to be perpetually paying Sony for a + subscription to get any proper use out of it the PS4, it doesn't seem to work out to be such a bargain as it might first appear.
    Ps+ pays for itself. To still see people complaining about paying for it after all the great titles that have been given away for FREE is staggering. Then discounts on pretty much every thing else. Not to mention having a place to backup ALL saves (even copy protected saves) in the cloud feature. I'm fine with this feature as I've had ps+ since it was created
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

No Game No Life

FFXV and KH III is the reason why I am getting this console so yeah day one purchase for me even if those 2 games are not out yet.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I will wait for the next model don't want a YLOD.

Also you never know what kind of dirty tricks they are up to.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Maybe a no-purchase from me. Screw the pay to play online crap. They just told fans, who's countries aren't supported by PSN, to go screw themselves. Good job.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Beam View Post
    Probably not. It's a great launch price, but I don't see enough good games for it yet. Infamous looks great, but that won't be out until a few months after, and there's still a ton of good PS3 games coming out. I'll probably wait until there's more games I'm interested in to warrant the purchase, and fewer games for the PS3 I want to get.
    Same for me. Still have plenty of games to finish, while waiting until PS4 will release more good games.

I'm pretty sure though I'll get the PS4 within a year when it's released.
    Sig by Ramon

-i- love myself.

Yes, most likely...

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

Most definitely getting one, maybe even two, as soon as I possibly can.

PRO Member

Not day one but definitely not long after that, though I am very tempted to buy it on launch. But the awesome games I really want for PS4 are gonna take a while, like Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3 and MGSV so I can wait a little bit.

The Stereotype Killer

I just can't....resist!
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr

illegal in 9 countries

Fuckit...pre-ordered. I figure the longer I wait, the less freebies I'll get on PS+ for PS4. If DriveClub is free for PS+, that'll do me as a day one carrot.

Aussies, EBGames.com.au will accept a $50 deposit and you can pick it up at your local store or they'll ship it for $7.50 or thereabouts.

JB will accept a pre-order will full payment due on dispatch. I've had some shit luck with JB pre-orders (had to wait months for an iMac), which is why I've gone with EB this time around.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I dont buy consoles on day 1 because very rarely it will release with no issues. I might try ASAP as early as Christmas if i can though so I can get used to the new console

Game Review Team

No matter what, I will get this on Day 1.

Banned

getting it day one reserve it at bestbuy and im good midnight release here i come

Lvl 5 - Silver

absolutely YES, even before today i wanted it at day one, and with this price i consider buying onother one just in case. ;P. not that that will be neccesary, i still have my working ps2 and both my ps3's. but without kidding, i think think there will not be enough systems in the beginning to meet the demand.
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Yes. I'm resisting the overwhelming urge to pre-order until I see what bundles are on offer.
    Join the club. I don't know if I'll get it at launch or once a good bundle comes along. I highly doubt there will be a price drop especially at the already awesome price of $399. I'll probably buy one at launch if there is some more info on exactly what everything does.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i just placed my pre order in Best Buy and just got my confirmation e-mail, sweeeeet!!
    Proud PlayStation Owner since 1995

Working on:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast