Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 account with PS+ will let the other accounts on PS4 also play online

This is a discussion on 1 account with PS+ will let the other accounts on PS4 also play online within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; getting more stuff to pay a little price is fine by me and you can still login it just you ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

getting more stuff to pay a little price is fine by me and you can still login it just you wont be able to play Multiplayer. In fact not a lot of people like MP and 5 dollars for a month of plus is a fair price

Korean Girl Group Groupie

How dare Sony allow seven years with a console of free play. Then when all the features that people have clamored and cried for wanting that the XBLG membership offered were given to them - they still demanded free! How dare they offer well over 60 titles a year in addition to the subscription, along with major discounts to a majority of titles, a cloud gaming service that backs up all your saves, allow it for multiple users on the same console.
    The travesty of them asking for money!

You want to feel like an entitled spoiled child your entire life who feels everything should be given to them - go ahead. If you want to realize that in order to compete and keep certain other liberties you're going to have to sacrifice some small concessions, like a few bucks a month, then understand how the world is. If you think your entitlement ends with the purchase of the system itself, you need to step back, smell the roses, and get a healthy dose of how the world works. Stop acting like they aren't getting more in the process for the service, and you'll maybe just pull your head out of your ass and understand why this is happening. You should have known the moment Gaikai got acquired that this was inevitable, but hey, rational thinking is an evasive practice these days.

Don't like it? Fine, go play Wii U with it's free online and exchange pictures with your friends. I am sure you'll find that after the Dateline NBC-esque experiences you'll have with that community after a few moments, those bitching will understand what a ridiculously lame stance you're taking in complaining about this happening.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

I bought an iPhone, I demand to have free service. I bought a TV, I demand to have free cable! The main difference between this and the XBL is not the paying for playing online, it's that XBL requires you to have gold for basic non-gaming apps like Netlix... PSN doesn't. That was my complaint with XBLG, not the less than $1 per week it's going to cost for Plus.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsdayman View Post
    Also who say's the free games are gone be good.
    At the moment all the games given in the Instant Game Collection have a score of 70 or above on Metacritic, so most of the games are going to be quite good and popular.

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    bad sony making us get free games and tons of features >: ((((((((
    Hehehe, this was wonderful.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Considering that MS's upgraded Live offerings sound to only be good until the Xbone releases, at which point they won't be giving out anymore free games, but Sony already showed a list of games we'll be getting on PS4 with PS+, I'd say Sony went even further in making PS+ an insanely good value. Yeah, okay, for those that don't currently subscribe to + but play online, this sucks. But guess what? Don't get a PS4 then. Go get a Xbone instead... oh wait, you'll need to pay to play online over there, as well as use non-gaming apps.

I get it. You were spoiled by year after year of free online. But you also bitched about shitty connections, getting hacked/downtime, and no cross-game chat. If you want those things, it takes better infrastructure. Better infrastructure takes a lot more money. Sony isn't made of money. It's time you pony up, and pay for the things you want. You're getting to keep your used games. Having to pay the same price ($10 less?) as MS's Live Gold to play online on the PS4, as well as get the MULTITUDE of other amazing features that come with PS+ is a freaking fantastic deal. I mean, I'm just gonna keep subscribing to PS+ for the other "non-online-gaming" features, it'll just be a bonus for me that I get continued access to multiplayer, since I rarely play online.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Here's something I didn't notice answered yet. Will you need PS+ for other online features like Netflix?

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Here's something I didn't notice answered yet. Will you need PS+ for other online features like Netflix?
    They specifically addressed that during the conference, and the answer is no.

Kid, not loser

The biggest thing is, with PS+ you never have to buy a game again!

This month alone has games some people would buy in an entire year. You get Driveclub an expected $60 game plus PS3 games already on plus when you buy a PS4 at launch. Then you will get more PS4 and PS3 games after launch. People will lose nothing here. The games for plus are amazing, and this just means they will continue to get better.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Its not free if you pay a subscription . I am not bothered by this much but not overjoyed about it either .
    Those under 5 dollars a month pays itself quickly and from there on out it's pretty much just free games essentially. I know it's really not, but that's the mentality I've gotten from it, by using it the last 3 years. It's so amazingly cheap that it feels like free games. How do you think they got a productsatisfaction at 95%? Anyone who didn't get PS+ before either is very restricted by money or just a plain idiot, because the deals are amazing on that. (BTW, it's not to hang you out or something, since I agree. It was just a good starting point.)

A thing that needs to be considered is that online play on the PS3 used to be costly for the developers or publishers part, but with all of these new sharing features there is going to be a hefty cost on servers for Sony from here on out, which is something they need to get.... and it's not like they gained a huge profit from PS+ in the first place, so all of this is basically to get the system's economy to run. While I think it kinda sucks there are at least two good qualities to it. One, the more people who joins PS+, the merrier, and two, it opens up for the innovative sharing features Sony is presenting. I mean come on guys, even PS360 is defending this.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm all about it - again, like others, I already have PS+ because I like games. Strike that. I LOVE free games even more. Sleeping dogs, brand new = $60...or, get a $17 3-month PS+ subscription and get that game (plus a shit load of others) for free. Where's the problem??? The ONLY problem that I can see with this, is if Sony decides to up the ante and under the idea of "inflation" or something of that nature, they jack the price of the PS+ membership up quite a bit (even still....$50/year is stupid good).
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    How awesome you posted this I was just talking to Bnecker about this lol...
    Thx for showing this to me, J but I'm still not sure if my concerns have been addressed about it yet or not. I didn't mind the PS+ required subscription for online play at first until I thought about it some more. The thing is my hubby and I have two PS3's. We both use the bnecker717 acct. as our main acct. for trophies (esp. since we have 1 Vita and gamesharing is not possible with the Vita). We do have a second acct. though that we use when we want to play online games together like Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Spelunker, Tekken, trophy boosting, etc. My concern is, will we have to pay for PS+ for this second acct. JUST so we can play online together? I sure hope not as that would really suck. You'd think there might be a way around this as some families have a PS3 for each child and it would be pretty silly to make a family pay for online for each child, wouldn't it? Anyway, I hope to hear more news about this. Either way, I still want a PS4 but this news may determine whether the hubby and I play online together or not.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thankfully PS+ is VERY affordable... Here in South Africa I can get it at R365 for a year or R90 for 3 months. I actually got ps+ last month just for Hitman: Absolution but I'll definitely make it a full time thing.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think the reason Sony got away with it is because they managed to earn back the trust of the consumer. Think about how far they had to go to do that. First, they came out with the PS3 late, and charged $600 for it. Then they gave people lackluster servers for online play and downloads. Then, to top all of that, they have to take PSN down completely for nearly 2 months because it got hacked.

Since then, they gave us free games as an apology, free Plus to try out the new service at the time, and over time have done nothing but improve the offerings that Plus has for games and discounts. Now they introduce the PS4 at $200 less than the PS3, and completely crap all over the XBOX One at the same time.

The one thing you could say they did that was bad was that online play is now added to Plus. And considering the fact that with all the discounts and free games you get, Plus pays for itself already, this goes in the category of who cares?

But here's the good news about it. If Sony is charging for online play, it now means they have to improve it. That should mean the free and/or cheap games we get from plus should download faster. It means online sessions should be better. And many of us already have plus for quite some time (I still have a year on mine), so we already paid up at no additional cost.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I actually don't mind since I've had PS+ since day one. This constant will help them make an online service comparable to M$'s and maybe less server issues/closures. No problem in my book.

Spot on yet and I love your name

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by TheScott75 View Post
    I think the reason Sony got away with it is because they managed to earn back the trust of the consumer. Think about how far they had to go to do that. First, they came out with the PS3 late, and charged $600 for it. Then they gave people lackluster servers for online play and downloads. Then, to top all of that, they have to take PSN down completely for nearly 2 months because it got hacked.

Since then, they gave us free games as an apology, free Plus to try out the new service at the time, and over time have done nothing but improve the offerings that Plus has for games and discounts. Now they introduce the PS4 at $200 less than the PS3, and completely crap all over the XBOX One at the same time.

The one thing you could say they did that was bad was that online play is now added to Plus. And considering the fact that with all the discounts and free games you get, Plus pays for itself already, this goes in the category of who cares?

But here's the good news about it. If Sony is charging for online play, it now means they have to improve it. That should mean the free and/or cheap games we get from plus should download faster. It means online sessions should be better. And many of us already have plus for quite some time (I still have a year on mine), so we already paid up at no additional cost.
    I have a feeling that Microsoft is going to be targeted by alot of hacker groups this time around since they are so against DRM and stuff like that, if a group manages to do something like that wont pretty much nobody be able to play Xbox until its fixed even offline since.. there is no offline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12