What can you do without PS+ on Ps4?

This is a discussion on What can you do without PS+ on Ps4? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So SONY has announced that PS+ is mandatory for online play but are there any other online features that don't ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

What can you do without PS+ on Ps4?

So SONY has announced that PS+ is mandatory for online play but are there any other online features that don't require a subscription? I know services like Netflix will be available to everyone but can we still sync our trophies to the online server or be able to take over our friends games if they are in a single player mode?

Saints Row IV

I think only online play will be restricted
    Everything else will be avaible for everyone
    PS Plus is an amazing deal,it deserves every single penny
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't think that has been spelt out.
    I presume you shall be able to log onto the PSN, if only to be able to visit the store to purchase a + subscription.
    I'm guessing you will have about the same functionality the PS3 does now, except for playing games online and perhaps visiting HOME.
    But I doubt you will have any of the new interactive functionality available.

Lvl 9 - Gold

From what Ive seen you can play Single player games etc off-line watch blurays any other services but multiplayer on games like what Ps3 is now, just with online multi player needing plus.

I had a guess that sony would make plus like xblive awhile ago I guess I was right, still get free games with it at least now I wont have to buy driveclub

illegal in 9 countries

Pretty much what you can do on a 360 without XBL Gold.

We should be able to access friends lists, view their trophies, sync our trophies, use the PS Store, play single-player games, play offline multi-player games etc. What you won't be able to do is access online servers for MP games.

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    I had a guess that sony would make plus like xblive awhile ago I guess I was right, still get free games with it at least now I wont have to buy driveclub
    I could be wrong, but I got the impression the free PS+ version of DriveClub wasn't the full game.

PRO Member

I understand the fact that you now "have" to be a Plus member but seriously it's totally worth it and you're gonna be happy. As they said last night, it's less than 5$ every month for 3 free PS3 games, 2 PSV free games and now 3 PS4 free games. It's crazy that not everyone has Plus, so I don't think this is a bad thing for PS4, this is actually good. If you don't want free games like Mass Effect 3, Hitman Absolution, Catherine or Resident Evil 5 then there's nothing I can do for you.

The Stereotype Killer

Quote Originally Posted by brAvEhEaRtDC View Post
    PS Plus is an amazing deal,it deserves every single penny
    Absolutely and completely agree.
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr