DriveClub PS+ Edition: Less Tracks, Less Cars

This is a discussion on DriveClub PS+ Edition: Less Tracks, Less Cars within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Drive Club PS Plus Edition will utilise a free-to-play business model, Sony has confirmed. Speaking with Digital Spy , Drive ...

Drunken Nights

DriveClub PS+ Edition: Less Tracks, Less Cars

Drive Club PS Plus Edition will utilise a free-to-play business model, Sony has confirmed.

Speaking with Digital Spy, Drive Club design director Paul Rutchynsky said that the PS Plus version offers the same core experience, minus some of the content.

"With the PlayStation Plus edition, we're offering the core features of the game to everyone who's got a PlayStation Plus membership.

"What that means is that all the game modes, the single-player experience is all there in the PlayStation Plus version. The only thing that we're limiting you on is content, and that content is cars and tracks.

"You can play online multiplayer, you can do asynchronous challenges, you can take part in the face-offs, and the social goals etc. But if you want to get all the content you can buy that separately.

Praising the free-to-play business model, Rutchynsky believes it will help generate interest in Drive Club.

"I think free-to-play is a great model, and I think Sony has been very keen to offer that as a model.

"Free-to-play is so successful on other platforms, so why not bring it to the PlayStation 4? It's just a great way to get Drive Club out into so many people's hands."

Rutchynsky also revealed that Drive Club will be supported with new competitions, challenges and content months after its launch.

When asked whether new content would be free or paid, Rutchynsky said that it would be a combination of the two.

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-12-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Both good and bad. Its good to have it free at all, but bad to limit the gamers like this.

INTJ

the sony catch shows up finally but for something minor

ill just buy the full game then unless they offer a total upgrade pack for like half the price.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Will get it myself was not interested enough to purchase it but I will play it even if its limited definitely.

Fight the Future

I figured it would be something like that. I'm not all that upset though as I was on the fence with this game and the PS+ edition will give me a chance to try it for free. If I like it I will purchase the full, physical version and if I don't like it then I'll simply un-install the game.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the sony catch shows up finally but for something minor

ill just buy the full game then unless they offer a total upgrade pack for like half the price.
    The name was the giveaway - DriveClub PS Plus Edition revealed - PlayStation 4 News at GameSpot

I smelled a rat straight away, however I didn't expect the full game on release for PS+ either.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I thought as much myself, really doubted they would give away full launch title. Hopefully it's still plattable and you don't have to pay full price to unlock the game.

PRO Member

Fair enough, it's free after all.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wasn't too interested in the game to begin with. Will download it and see if I like it (doubt I will) but hey atleast they are letting me try it. More interested in the other games announced for PS+ on PS4