Does this confirm PS4 trophy continuance?

This is a discussion on Does this confirm PS4 trophy continuance? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So, after the reveal the other night, I got to thinking about the whole PS+ aspect of it. If PS+ ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Does this confirm PS4 trophy continuance?

So, after the reveal the other night, I got to thinking about the whole PS+ aspect of it. If PS+ is to continue and you will have access to PS3, PS4, and Vita games, I'm thinking that we will most likely keep our accounts we have now. This would have to mean that we keep our avatars, trophies, etc... Thoughts?

Legalize it...

Well in February when they were showing off stuff they showed these pictures:

http://community.us.playstation.com/...v=mpbl-1&px=-1

http://media.psu.com/media/articles/...store 1(2).jpg

Plus since Vita has trophies Id say theyre here to stay...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Trophies will be ported over:

check this table PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Comparison Chart - Xbox One Wiki Guide - IGN Under Reputation preservation

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Trophies will be ported over:

check this table PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Comparison Chart - Xbox One Wiki Guide - IGN Under Reputation preservation
    You are correct sir!! Thank you for the link, that is good news indeed.

PRO Member

2.738 trophies and only 7 Plats, what the fuck is that.

Game Review Team

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Advanced Casuals.

Because normal casuals have maybe one plat at most.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    this made me lol. in fact i'm still laughing while typing this.....get a life loser!! and get some plats under your belt!! 7 plats?? lololololol
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

The One and Only

It wouldn't make any sense to not let the already existent trophies not carry over to the PS4. It only makes sense to me that it would be like the Vita, the trophies carry over unless there's no trophies for the PS4 (which we can be sure by now isn't the case).

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Forget I Was Ever Here

Carry trophies over is senseless they should be re-earned if people want them. As you should be making a new account for that console just my opinion. Everything should be fresh

It is time for me to go underground

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Carry trophies over is senseless they should be re-earned if people want them.
    You couldn't be more wrong my friend.

Achievement systems engender brand loyalty. Trophy hunters are brand evangelists. Platinum trophies are more meaningful than Gamerscore points. Core gamers buy 10 x more games than our casual counterparts, trophy hunters buy even more. Our loyalty, in large part, is tied to our trophy cards and our PS Store accounts.

Remove existing trophies from the equation and Sony gives us a reason to start again from scratch on the Xbox. Ergo, PSN profile continuity was never going to be an issue - we were always going to be able to migrate our trophies from PS3 to PS4.

The converse is also true - Gamerscore is a loyalty system for the 360 which was always going to transfer to the Xbone. MS was banking on it being of too high a value for Xbox users to consider a move to the PS4 and tried to shove draconian DRM measures down their throats without as much as a whimper or a gag. Bah bow! They fucked up royally and have lost the loyalty of their core customers, particularly in respect to used game sales and rentals. Those previous 360 brand evangelists are now the guys telling their mates to buy a PS4 instead.

Disrespecting your most loyal customers is a massive fuck up - MS did it, Sony won't.

O_o

Carry trophies over is senseless they should be re-earned if people want them. As you should be making a new account for that console just my opinion. Everything should be fresh
    Like anyone is gonna re-buy every PS3 game they own just to stream them for trophies.

Fuck. That.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong my friend.

Achievement systems engender brand loyalty. Trophy hunters are brand evangelists. Platinum Trophies are more meaningful than Gamerscore points. Core gamers buy 10 x more games than our casual counterparts. Our loyalty, in large part, is tied to our trophy cards and our PS Store accounts.

Remove existing trophies from the equation and Sony gives us a reason to jump ship and start again on the Xbox. Ergo, PSN profile continuity was never going to be an issue - we were always going to be able to migrate our trophies from PS3 to PS4.
    Nailed it. I suspected this would be the case all along, I just wanted to see confirmation and I'm glad I did now.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Hey now fella's lets not get thing wrong impression i like the idea but i'm speaking from someone who would rather have a perfect plat streak and would like to start over is all….thats what i would like

Ant: I know what your saying but as it is said nobody says play for trophies ya know? I get what you all are saying though i really just want to have the function to delete but that won't happen.

It is time for me to go underground

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Like anyone is gonna re-buy every PS3 game they own just to stream them for trophies.

Fuck. That.
    Fuck that indeed.

I'm not reinvesting thousands of hours into playing PS3 games on my PS4. I'm playing PS4 games on my PS4.

I'll keep playing my PS3(s) well into the future, but I'm not replaying nor repurchasing any game I've already completed just to re-earn those trophies.

Hey now fella's lets not get thing wrong impression i like the idea but i'm speaking from someone who would rather have a perfect plat streak and would like to start over is all….thats what i would like
    You at least have that option, but you also have the option to keep going with the same profile if you choose to do so. I'll take option B and stick with my existing profile.

Removing my PS3 trophies from the PS4 would have meant ditching plans to buy the PS4 and going back to PC, or buying significantly less PS4 games.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I can't believe people are still asking this question. This was answered back in February.
    PS3, PS Vita, & PS4 owner. I love PlayStation!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by jmargraves View Post
    this made me lol. in fact i'm still laughing while typing this.....get a life loser!! and get some plats under your belt!! 7 plats?? lololololol
    He's implying that the guy is level 17 and only has 2,738 trophies.
    PS3, PS Vita, & PS4 owner. I love PlayStation!

Lvl 9 - Gold

yeah I'm really against NOT having trophies carry to PS4 as Ive spent hours and hours working on my profile and dont want to start from 0 again. Also I'd like to see it as my progression over the years from 2008 to now and future.

If you want a perfect platinum streak then you can just make a new profile but don't force it.

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by jmargraves View Post
    So you're saying he should get a life by getting a bunch of Plat's... Am I missing something?

Lvl 7 - Gold

It's like we can't have a single thread without people being fuckholes to each other.