Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whatever a PS4 Launch Edition is on Amazon, it's already sold out

This is a discussion on Whatever a PS4 Launch Edition is on Amazon, it's already sold out within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Amazon.com: PlayStation 4 Standard Edition: Video Games Product Alert The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the ...

INTJ

Whatever a PS4 Launch Edition is on Amazon, it's already sold out

Amazon.com: PlayStation 4 Standard Edition: Video Games

Product Alert
    The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.

PlayStation 4 Launch Edition Sold out on Amazon | AnalogHype

Less than 24 hours since the page went live, the launch edition of the PlayStation 4 has sold out on Amazon. This edition features the same pack-ins as the standard edition listed on their page. The only difference between the two is that customers who pre-ordered the launch edition will receive their console on day one. Standard edition buyers will get their when more systems are available.

A few hours ago, the Day One edition of the Xbox One also sold out on Amazon. So far, it looks like both Sony and Microsoft have peaked the interest in their respective next-generation consoles.

Were you able to secure a Day One Xbox or a Launch Edition PlayStation 4? Let us know in the comments below.

Kiwi Defender

That was rather fast, if you ask me. I think that the Xbone's failure of attracting people and making them want to buy a new cable box "scared" so many possible consumers that they decided to play it safe an just buy a PS4 right off the bat.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

They cant of listed that many units to have sold out already? Im waiting a bit anyway and want to see the bundles

Lvl 8 - Gold

At this rate xbone will share the same fate as dreamcast.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

well I got my ps4 pre-ordered and now i just have to play the waiting game!

Sig by kid420247

Legalize it...

I ordered mine within the first few minutes of Best Buy posting it lol. Same with the controller and camera that wasnt posted until about an hour after the system it self was up...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Why are so many people pre-ordering JUST the PS4. What about bundles. It will most probably be cheaper to get a bundle with 2 or 3 games than buy them seperately

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Why are so many people pre-ordering JUST the PS4. What about bundles. It will most probably be cheaper to get a bundle with 2 or 3 games than buy them seperately
    Might have something to do with bragging rights, or them not wanting to take a risk of the game they want to buy not being bundled with the console. There's also the thing about bundles running out even faster than non-bundles when consoles are released.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

I expected this, but wow that was fast.

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

-i- love myself.

Wow way too fast, I'll be preordering mine off of Amazon pretty soon.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I live in New Jersey and the gamestop by me was allowed only 25 preorders the day after E3, that was yesterday, the manager said preorders will be available as they need them. They had no info on model number and no idea about the bundles on the gamestop website. They knew almost nothing

illegal in 9 countries

Launch edition = guaranteed delivery of first batch of PS4s we ordered.
    Standard edition = we sold out of the first batch, you'll have to wait for more stock.

Legalize it...

The bundles at Game Stop are the same price as buying everything separate and I think thats stupid. Its either because people will think its cheaper because its bundled, or its just easier for them to have all your stuff ready Idk...

illegal in 9 countries

I was going to wait for the bundles, but two factors led me to pre-order the plain vanilla PS4.

1. Availability. There's already a mad rush for PS4 pre-orders, that's not going to ease up. Trying to buy one of these suckers at retail is going to be a nightmare through November and December.

2. PS+ bonuses. It could be several months before retail stock becomes readily available. I want to maximise my PS4 PS+ benefits by getting on board at launch. Those bonuses are likely to outweigh any benefits of buying a retail bundle.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Preordered mine at gamestop went in on Tues Morning and got the last one.

Breakfast and Chill

Got mine preordered from Best Buy. Like others have said, I'll make due with the PS+ games until more titles are released.

The Incredible Marccap

I pre ordered mine back in March so hopefully I will be fine from shopto.net

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Harvester of Souls

I have one preordered as well. Quite happy about that. I hope they aren't full of lots of technical errors and problems.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Sellout

Got mine preordered at Gamestop. Hopefully they'll be available at launch. Not sure of all the games that are available at launch so I just preordered Watchdogs for now.

PRO Member

When I preordered mine at Gamestop, they said that there store was (for now) only given 20 PS4 for pre-orders and 10 XBox Ones. And PS4 was outpacing Xbox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast