Maddox On Xbox VS PS4

This is a discussion on Maddox On Xbox VS PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ...

INTJ

Maddox On Xbox VS PS4

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I'm guessing if the price really bugs anyone in the UK like meself you could ship a US version for cheaper? Being region free and that much of a mark up, surely even shipping costs wouldn't be that much. Still, it's not all that expensive in relative terms but if you oppose the price, don't buy it straight away.

The subscription fee really is nothing to get worked up about, sure it's faintly stupid to charge for internet time when you already pay for internet but then it's only as absurd as the idea of paying extra money to watch Television when you already payed for a TV and license fee.
    It's going towards the upkeep of the service and if Sony have a few snafus like before then people can complain wholeheartedly.
    Just remember, if Microsoft hadn't made so much money out of charging for online services then Sony likely wouldn't have done so either. For all the talk of care for consumers, you still have to turn a profit and keep your gaming catalogue healthy.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

That video....sucks shit

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    I'm guessing if the price really bugs anyone in the UK like meself you could ship a US version for cheaper? Being region free and that much of a mark up, surely even shipping costs wouldn't be that much. Still, it's not all that expensive in relative terms but if you oppose the price, don't buy it straight away.

The subscription fee really is nothing to get worked up about, sure it's faintly stupid to charge for internet time when you already pay for internet but then it's only as absurd as the idea of paying extra money to watch Television when you already payed for a TV and license fee.
    It's going towards the upkeep of the service and if Sony have a few snafus like before then people can complain wholeheartedly.
    Just remember, if Microsoft hadn't made so much money out of charging for online services then Sony likely wouldn't have done so either. For all the talk of care for consumers, you still have to turn a profit and keep your gaming catalogue healthy.
    It would be more based on wages Etc, the Ps4 is going to be $549 AUD here, and Xbone is $599 AUD someone said it was a 38% vs 20% markup or something, the Xbone less of a markup here than it is elsewhere comparatively.
    Its still a much nicer prospect than a $999.95 AUD the Ps3 launched for lol.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

So if I'm paying for online then the network better be smooth for gaming
    if it sucks shit then I'll enjoy it offline
    plain and simple
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

AHAHAHAHA what a load of crap!

So what if you pay internet bills? None of that money goes to Sony. Servers require maintenance and upgrades.

It's like saying: Why do I have to pay for petrol when I have already paid for my car? Why do I have to pay for my phone calls when I have already paid for my phone?

As for the price, we all know the exchange rate makes a difference... this guy is just making an assumption that we are all idiots (or maybe he is an idiot and only just worked it out in his head a few days after the announcement)...

I'm sure we will get charged through the nose down in Australia... EB Games has the PS4 for "only" AU$549 at the moment (includes free standard shipping! lol) That's US$520 at the current exchange rate! (The Xbox One is AU$599 or US$568.)

And I'm surprised this guy hasn't caught on to the fact that the price does not include the new PS Eye... maybe he's still trying to work that one out in his head?

And of course it's worth cheering! We're not actually cheering on the fact that Sony is giving us what we are already receiving. We're cheering the fact that gamers have been heard and that our fight against DRM and used game fees has not been in vain.

We're cheering that gamers have won a fight: we have retained our rights - it's more like a war cry if you will. Obviously the fight is not over, but gamers are making progress: we are finally getting through to one of the console companies and some of the game developers.

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

illegal in 9 countries

His currency converter sucks shit.

349 GBP = 546 US, not 625 US.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post

I don't think it would be cheaper? Shipping wouldn't be expensive but you would probably have to pay duty? My friend has to pay nearly 80 I think for a 450 camera!

But as for your other points this guy is a bit of a ******. Usual guy saying shit, fuck and crap, hating on everything with heavy metal in the background, look at me being different!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I used to hang out with that guy *before he was Maddox... he was just George* this is how he is IRL a total dick... it made coffee shop adventures that much better

Rangers F.C

Uk got fucked in the ass from both companies but they the PS4 is cheaper than the PS3 .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge