Watch Dogs and Assassins creed possibly share the same universe

This is a discussion on Watch Dogs and Assassins creed possibly share the same universe within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Exclusive: Ubi Alludes to Shared IP Universe | Elder-Geek.com During a show floor interview with our very own Randy Yasenchak ...

INTJ

Watch Dogs and Assassins creed possibly share the same universe

Exclusive: Ubi Alludes to Shared IP Universe | Elder-Geek.com

During a show floor interview with our very own Randy Yasenchak this past week at E3, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag game director Ashraf Ismail chose his words very carefully when asked about AC4 and Watch_Dogs sharing the same universe.

“I don’t want to ruin the surprise for people,” Ismail admitted, “I don’t want to give anything away. I will say, for the people who love both games, for the people who will play both games; there are some Easter Eggs that may be a bit hard to find, but when you find them, it will blow your mind.”

While by no means a direct confirmation, Ismail’s demeanor and less than subtle method of circumvention of the topic leads to the reasonable possibility of an Ubisoft timeline covering multiple different IP.

O_o

There are AC easter eggs in a ton of Ubisoft games. I guess that means they're all in the same universe.

Also, more Driver please, kthanks Ubisoft.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    There are AC easter eggs in a ton of Ubisoft games. I guess that means they're all in the same universe.

Also, more Driver please, kthanks Ubisoft.
    The PoP is an Assassin, Desmond is a prince, Rayman is the 1st civilization, and just dance helps you fathom it all...
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

:platinum: since Oct 08

Wasn't there a link with AC and mgs:pw where you leap off a barn into some hay?

Lvl 4 - Silver

I think the link was in Witcher 2, though I never played it. There's some joke or something about leaping into bails of hay Speaking of which, Witcher 3 looks epic. Ahem, but yes I can totally imagine that AC and Watch Dogs could be in the same World, not directly but say 'walk past a billboard for Abstergo Entertainment' or something. XD

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

He basically said "when you see it, you'll shit bricks" lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SoS-kryyptyyk View Post
    I think the link was in Witcher 2, though I never played it. There's some joke or something about leaping into bails of hay Speaking of which, Witcher 3 looks epic. Ahem, but yes I can totally imagine that AC and Watch Dogs could be in the same World, not directly but say 'walk past a billboard for Abstergo Entertainment' or something. XD
    There was the body of a man dressed in a white hood, spread-eagled next to a bale of hay.

And these easter eggs sound quite cool! I like little things like these in games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Redding View Post
    There was the body of a man dressed in a white hood, spread-eagled next to a bale of hay.

And these easter eggs sound quite cool! I like little things like these in games.

You would like to find little Easter eggs throughout your games.

With chocolate surprises hidden inside

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kankri"Togashi" View Post
    You would like to find little Easter eggs throughout your games.

With chocolate surprises hidden inside
    What you saying Kankri?

Banned

What you saying Kankri?
    I... I'm not sure anymore.

Carpe Diem

You're bonkers. The good kind of bonkers

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Lvl 6 - Silver

It suddenly all makes sense!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    You're bonkers. The good kind of bonkers
    It suddenly all makes sense!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

It all turns out it's all a dream sequence Rayman is having while in a coma after losing his limbs many years ago, he made up Ass Creed, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy, Just Dance, Prince Of Persia et al to fulfill his destiny as a master platformer so he could destroy the evil Mario empire.

You read it here first.

INTJ

how does it feel knowing my theory was right.

they did the same thing with the Tom clancy universe (With some exceptions like The Division and Endwar (Which also has a combined Tom clancy universe))

Ubisoft likes to make huge universes so all their series are connected (with the exception of the cartoony ips they have like rayman.)

For those who don't know, AC4 Plot is basically Abstergo trying to find something called the Observatory, A place where anyone can watch everyone's daily life with a vial of their blood. Meanwhile while they are looking for this place they also teamed up with Blume security (watch dogs company) To make ctOS, Which is basically the same thing on a technological scale.

So what is ctOS?
    - CONFIDENTIAL: “Privacy is security.”
    - INTEGRAL: “How did we ever do business without it?”
    - ACCESSIBLE: “The touch of a button!”
    - AVAILABLE: “We’re everywhere… all the time.”
    - STABLE: “It just WORKS.”
    Put simply, ctOS is the most stable and user-friendly software security-controller ever devised. Can ABSTERGO afford to pass up perfection?
    Note that this reference is impossible to avoid, because they make it one of the main parts of the game that involve hacking computers.

while this is going on, Abstergo is also having a shareholders meeting in Chicago, the Setting for watch dogs.

I'm Guessing if the game wasn't delayed, we would of seen the other half of the story already. (or maybe ubisoft is playing it smart and allowing people to experience the first half of the plot)

TL;DR

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxSteven301 View Post
    Wasn't there a link with AC and mgs:pw where you leap off a barn into some hay?
    Just a little nod to the series is all. There was a spot in one of the missions where you leap off the top of a building [On the way to Peace Walker's underground base], into a bale of hay, and it unlocks the "Assassin's Box", which was a cardboard box made to look like a bale of hay.

There's also a reference in MGS4 - kill or stun 50 enemies with the Stun Knife, and you'll unlock Altair's robes as a disguise [The same robes used in a joke trailer they released before MGS4 came out.].