Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Microsoft thinks Sony isn't a threat.

This is a discussion on Microsoft thinks Sony isn't a threat. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; http://gamingbolt.com/major-nelson-a...M15Fk2P6I6y.99 to cut out the part about sony It also looks at the PS4 as “Xbox 360 version 2″ due ...

INTJ

Microsoft thinks Sony isn't a threat.

http://gamingbolt.com/major-nelson-a...M15Fk2P6I6y.99

to cut out the part about sony

It also looks at the PS4 as “Xbox 360 version 2″ due to the lack of social and multi-tasking features. The company doesn’t even see Sony as a threat. Even better, it believes that the PS4′s graphics RAM will run hotter, besides not being as optimized as the Xbox One. Thus leading to both being evenly matched or, believe it or not, the Xbox One performing ahead.

The Article has a bunch of other stuff for people who want to know more about the Xbox one or how microsoft thinks Don Mattrick is doing more harm than good when he opens his mouth.

The One and Only

Microsoft doesn't think Sony is a threat.

They know Sony is a threat, and it's not really due of the features the PS4 have. It's more so because of the mistakes they made on the XBOne.

Personally, I'd rather buy an XBox 360 version 2 than an XBox One if I have to spend alot of money on the system itself, buy a Kinect, and buy a new net provider just to be able to use the games I get, especially since the 360 is cheaper and the above isn't required to play games.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Local Drunk

Microsoft is clearly on something with that thinking.

Unless they are just playing it cool

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Nazi Germany thought Russia wasn't a threat..... History speaks by itself!
    Last edited by KoKeX; 06-18-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Grammatical mistake
    Platinums : Assassin's Creed II - Batman: Arkham Asylum - Batman: Arkham City - Dante's Inferno - Darksiders I - Dead Space - God Of War I - God Of War II - God Of War III - God Of War: Ascension - God Of War: Chains Of Olympus - God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta - Heavy Rain - inFamous - Mass Effect 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Uncharted II: Among Thieves

-i- love myself.

They are definitely onto something here... just really want to know what it is.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

LOL I highly doubt people even care about that that much

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Microsoft is clearly on something with that thinking.

Unless they are just playing it cool
    I'd say this is simply another case of rape in which the victim of said act denies it ever happened.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lord of all Goat-Men

In fact, [Microsoft will] be working to “educate” gamers about the benefits of their policies
    Because if there's one thing gamers love, it's being educated.

illegal in 9 countries

Major Nelson mustn't be one of the 430,000 viewers of the YouTube PS4 UI video that demonstrates social and multi-tasking features...

Could this fucking idiot be any more out of touch with his customers and his competitors?!?!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Could this fucking idiot be any more out of touch with his customers and his competitors?!?!
    As a wise king on some obscure JRPG once said, "Tempt not the fates". For all you know he might be planning to say the Xbox One will be the first console to ever attempt to implement motion control to a game.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lord of all Goat-Men

He could.

He could, for example, suggest that the PS4 will be unable to connect to the DoD (Department of Defense) network that deployed servicemen and women need to use, so they will instead choose Xbox, seemingly oblivious to the fact that the Xbox One will, of course, require constant access to the internet to verify the authenticity of the games you think you own but really are just borrowing; or the fact that large contingents of deployed persons opperate in countries unsupported by the Xbox One; or the fact that the the always-connected, always-on, and always-watching Kinect presents a real threat to military security protocols, and is likely to be banned from use in active warzones.

Legalize it...

Im glad Im not the only one who thinks that Major Nelson guy is a douche bag and a tool. Im not anti Xbox or anything, I just prefer PlayStation. I never knew anything about this guy other than hearing his name before seeing the Angry Joe interview last week and I hated that guy. The way he talked to Joe and at one point even took the microphone from him...What a douche. I know he didnt have to do the interview, but at least have some respect since you agreed to do it. He wouldnt have done that to the Spike TV guy...

Saints Row IV

What drugs is he fucking taking?
    They raped them on E3,and now they are NOT a THREAT? (They=Sony,Them=M$)
    Can't believe how fucking arrogant and selfish these guys are...at least sony cares for their customers...
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 5 - Silver

In my opinion, Microsoft would just be better off focusing ALL of their attention to PC's. Imagine how amazing some PC's could be if MS would just put all their energy into that market. Let the pro's focus on consoles [Sony, Nintendo]... Actually I also feel that imagine if Nintendo cut their losses with consoles and just published/developed games for Sony and Microsoft. The power of a Sony console with Nintendo creativity and ingenuity? Sheesh. That said, even if Microsoft have a solid product with Xboner, they're continuously digging themselves a deep ass hole before anyone will even get their hands on said product lmao.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Not a threat, huh? What a bullshit.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Maybe he meant that they're not a threat to sell "less" consoles. He was just using reverse psychology. Man that $hit fools everyone

Negator

It wouldn't surprise me if all the negative hype around the XBOX One is merely misdirection on Microsoft's part. Just before launch, they could announce that all the shitty 'features' of their next-generation console were merely rough ideas to test the consumer reactions.

We've got about 5 months to wait and see their final gameplan.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'd say this is simply another case of rape in which the victim of said act denies it ever happened.
    Ha ha ha yeah you're probably right.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

I am not really going to get into a fanboy bullshit situation, but the unfortunate news for Microsoft is that their customers and the media covering them disagree with their viewpoint... So its probably not a good viewpoint to keep.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if all the negative hype around the XBOX One is merely misdirection on Microsoft's part. Just before launch, they could announce that all the shitty 'features' of their next-generation console were merely rough ideas to test the consumer reactions.

We've got about 5 months to wait and see their final gameplan.
    Most sensible thing I have read on here for ages .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast