Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your stance on paying for online?

This is a discussion on Your stance on paying for online? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Feral Well I'm already a PS Plus subscriber so it doesn't bother me and the free games ...

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Well I'm already a PS Plus subscriber so it doesn't bother me and the free games are
    My thoughts exactly!!!

worlds biggest welch fan

funny question I just renewed my Ps + account today, The only lame part is you cant play your free games with out the + but overall it's worth it.

doesn't the ps4 come with a free 1 year sub.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Wait I read someone where that ps plus won't be required to play online for all games
    something about that option is being left to developers and games made by sony's studios won't require it
    Damn I wish I remembered where I read that from
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Like most people on here, I have no problem with paying for PS+. It's, in my opinion, one of the best things to come out of the current generation of consoles and offers brilliant value, especially for people new to the console. I'm intending on buying a Vita at some point in the future and as soon as I do I'll have a library of games well into double figures straight away thanks to PS+. I have to also applaud Sony for not putting things like Netflix, LoveFilm Player etc. behind the PS+ paywall like Microsoft did with XBL.

There are a few concerns as to what games they'll offer for free at the launch of the PS4. Obviously there's a version of Driveclub already announced, plus a few indie and PSN games, but another thing they could do is offer some free DLC for 1st party launch games like Killzone or Knack, and perhaps get publishers like Ubisoft onboard for some add-ons to Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed 4. This would have a few positive effects:

1. It would convince a few people who are still on the fence about getting either a PS4 or XB1 to go the Sony route.
    2. It would add even more reason to invest in PS+.
    3. It would help shift more software at launch, with people potentially buying 3-4 games with the console instead of a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    doesn't the ps4 come with a free 1 year sub.
    To be honest, that's the first I've heard of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if retailers sold a console bundle with PS+ included.

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    Wait I read someone where that ps plus won't be required to play online for all games
    something about that option is being left to developers and games made by sony's studios won't require it
    Damn I wish I remembered where I read that from
    Free-to-play games won't require Plus to play online. It's up to publishers whether they want to add an Online Pass to games still, but Sony won't be adding it to 1st party games and EA have dropped online passes as well.
    Last edited by germ1984; 06-22-2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Quotes

Lvl 9 - Gold

PS+ is worth the 50$ a year price tag because you get free games and trials, themes, avatars, and other stuff.

Now online is required? That's alright.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 1 - Bronze

As long as the price remains reasonable I don't mind paying for PS+.

Lvl 8 - Gold

PS4 PlayStation Plus Details: Cross Game Chat doesn't require the service - Gamechup | Video Game News, Reviews, Features, Guides

We have some new details on PS Plus for the PS4. It will be required to play online but not for free-to-play games or MMOs. One subscription will grant access to all accounts on that system.
    Cross game chat and other media functions won’t require the subscription. This includes services like Netflix.
    Yeahhhhh boyyyyyy.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I thought they basically said this at E3?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i have no problem with it "IF" we dont continue too get the same broken arsed crap we routinely get these days, thats a big if, and i highly doubt it!

also what countrys dont have psn?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by nemec8 View Post
    i have no problem with it "IF" we dont continue too get the same broken arsed crap we routinely get these days, thats a big if, and i highly doubt it!

also what countrys dont have psn?
    Taken from the PS EU Blog:

Unfortunately at this time gamers in countries which do not have a Store cannot access online multi-player features. However, we are considering every measure to offer PlayStation Store services to these territories as soon as possible. To clarify, the affected territories are: Bahrain, Lebanon, Romania, Oman, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus and Iceland.

And that's just in Europe/Middle East. What do you mean by broken crap as well?

INTJ

im already paying for ps plus so i honestly don't care.

just find it funny that sony fans constantly bashed the xbox for a paywall and now they have one and it's perfectly ok.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

just find it funny that sony fans constantly bashed the xbox for a paywall and now they have one and it's perfectly ok.
    If Sony had just said "we're charging you 40/$50 for the ability to play online - oh, and by the way, PS+ is extra still", the reaction would have been very different.

I don't think anyone is thrilled by it, but the fact you get free games and stuff with it softens the blow, and making extra services like Netflix and auto-updates available to everyone, regardless of Plus, just differentiates it from XBL even further.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Well, it's not really "bashing", more like listing reasons why the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360. But Xbox Live has always been lauded as a better service than PSN because of the paywall (and their support of indie games like Super Meat Boy, 'Splosion Man and Limbo), that is, until Sony came up with the superb PS+!

Actually, the free online was the main reason why I chose PS3 over Xbox 360 in 2010 when I bought my PS3.

But ultimately, the way I've always looked at it was that we were very lucky to have free online, because I've always expected that we should be paying for it.

From what I've read, Microsoft will start giving away free games like PS+... and with their backtracking on the DRM and used games policies, I think they have leveled the playing field again. All they need to do now is remove the mandatory Kinect so that they can lower the price to better match the PS4 pricetag (I'm still not sure about hand-gesturing and talking to a games console, and obviously I have concerns about Kinect being always-on).

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    We all know Sony announced that PS Plus will be a requirement for online gaming on the PS4. Now, PS Plus is a great little service on PS3 as it's optional and offers a lot of free games, and not old ones neither. However, a lot of countries aren't supported by PSN so they basically threw hose customers away. I'm sure they did their market research and don't think of it that much, but still it's a lot of gamers that won't be buying a PS4. I'm mostly a singleplayer gamer so this won't affect me that much, but I'm not really fond of the idea.

What's your opinion on all this?
    Good to know, that was news to me.

First off, i hate the "pay to play" idea. Xbox does it and i figured that was one of many reasons i prefer playstation. To know they want you to pay to go online is horrible, and i really hope they fail because of it, so they can see the error of their ways.

Second, PS+ was horrible at its start, and only recently did they give away a good amount of free games, many of which were good (but again, i didnt like it for the past few years)

The fact that it is optional is great, as well as the benefits you get from free games and discounts.

Lastly, Even if your a single player gamer mostly, you cant tell me this wont affect you in the future. Half the time i want to play with my friends, and to spend more money on the chance i want to play online. Is it going to be a certain amount of days (the way it is now), or like xxbox, where its a amount of minutes?

Cipher sent us to hell

Considering how great of value the PS+ service is, I still feel like i'm a Plus member who is getting online-play as another benefit. I'll always have PS+ so lets go.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Buy my book, Alteration

With all the amazing deals Plus offers, I don't mind renewing yearly. I mean, free games are nice, but good and recent free games are the bomb, dawg.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by germ1984 View Post
    Taken from the PS EU Blog:

Unfortunately at this time gamers in countries which do not have a Store cannot access online multi-player features. However, we are considering every measure to offer PlayStation Store services to these territories as soon as possible. To clarify, the affected territories are: Bahrain, Lebanon, Romania, Oman, Slovakia, Malta, Cyprus and Iceland.

And that's just in Europe/Middle East. What do you mean by broken crap as well?
    games that are glitchy, buggy or to the extent that ther fully broken!, last of us, metro last light are a cple from recently, tho admittidly ther single plyr glitches that often can be rectafied, but they shldnt be ther to begin with, and wen u start getting into multplyr that takes alooot more to fix if it gets done at all battlefield bad company and homefront for exampe!, now were going to be paying for what we use to get with the (broken/glitchy) game for free, id just want that type of thing made where they have to fix evrything within a time frame, presently they dont have to fix anything at all, its why i find the xbox one argument about owning our games and stuff very funny, we dont own our games already and havent done for years!.
    i did see an articule that was very interesting the other day, (mayb on here cant remeber) how the uk is passing a law in septembr which will make it so any digital media thats flawd/broken/buggy has to be refunded/replaced immediantly!, thats whats needed imo!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Depends where you read the information from. Some sites say its mandatory, some say you can still play online but all the game modes might not be playable without it. Otherwise that would eliminate the ability to platinum games with online trophies, now if they remove online trophies then it would be worth it. Lets make it impossible to platinum games if you don't have ps+ Now say that out loud and see how dumb it sounds. If you make it mandatory, you eliminate trophy hunters which means $$$. It also means with all these games focusing on online then can't add online trophies even though they added it to the game bc you want to make the platinum trophy hard, but not IMPOSSIBLE. Those companies know people like trophies, which is why they take the time to add pictures to each one.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by brotherfranciz View Post
    Well, it's not really "bashing", more like listing reasons why the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360. But Xbox Live has always been lauded as a better service than PSN because of the paywall (and their support of indie games like Super Meat Boy, 'Splosion Man and Limbo), that is, until Sony came up with the superb PS+!
    Xbox live was simply better because it was paid for simply because it didn't have totally shit servers like PSN has.

now sony realized that and once they get that PS+ Money they are actually going to have good servers

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bmj2k7 View Post
    Depends where you read the information from. Some sites say its mandatory, some say you can still play online but all the game modes might not be playable without it. Otherwise that would eliminate the ability to platinum games with online trophies, now if they remove online trophies then it would be worth it. Lets make it impossible to platinum games if you don't have ps+ Now say that out loud and see how dumb it sounds. If you make it mandatory, you eliminate trophy hunters which means $$$. It also means with all these games focusing on online then can't add online trophies even though they added it to the game bc you want to make the platinum trophy hard, but not IMPOSSIBLE. Those companies know people like trophies, which is why they take the time to add pictures to each one.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did something radically different with trophies for the PS4, in the same way Microsoft are giving Achievements an overhaul.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast