Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your stance on paying for online?

This is a discussion on Your stance on paying for online? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by germ1984 I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did something radically different with trophies for the PS4, in ...

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by germ1984 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did something radically different with trophies for the PS4, in the same way Microsoft are giving Achievements an overhaul.
    Visually, yes...they've already shown new UI for trophy collections.

I highly doubt they'll tinker with any trophy values/names nor will they add any trophy types. We'll just get more functionality instead.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Ice Cream Firefighter

Who cares about having to buy PS+ with all the free games they provide to us with it and the store discounts as well, PS+ pays for itself in no time. Seeing as i'm getting an Xbone as well I will also be paying for MS's services as well but only when I want to play the exclusives that I want to buy.

I think we as a consumer need to stand back and think to ourselves that it's a hell of a service that they both provide to play all our games when you have games like WOW on the PC that want $15 a month to play one game. Hell the DRM restrictions didn't bother me nor the kinect always watching, I sit here and play games all bought new and I don't masturbate or do drugs in front of my console so I have nothing to fear from whoever wants to watch boring ol me.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Kid, not loser

I think people have overlooked the fact that Sony now has Gaikai, which more than likely they expect to have all 70 million people transfer over to the PS4 at some point, and having that many people which they want to use the service will COST $MILLIONS$ just to have it working properly. Sony having this cloud service makes it inevitable for them to charge, and to have had it a separate sub service from the online would have made more people turn away than subscribe to it, even if it was apart of the regular PS+. They need more money for the service PS+ offers now and what Gaikai will offer all in one. Now everyone will use it, and Sony will make the services even better this way.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    So if they don't have PSN, it doesn't matter if they have to pay to play online, because they wouldn't even be able to get on for free anyway? Maybe you phrased it wrong, but if they don't have PSN to begin with, making online play cost money won't affect them.
    You have a point, I should have elaborated more in the OP.

When I said not supported by PSN I meant that the country isn't even on the list when creating an account, let alone having a PS Store. Those people can still make an account but it is against PSN's ToS to do that since they're giving "false" info in regards to their country. Since PSN is free, that's not a problem because you can easily create a new account. But if you do the same on PS4, where you pay for a subscription service, it's a whole different story. They can pay for the service only to have their account banned. It might not happen right away but it can happen after a few months or a few years, so all that money you spent is gone, along with the games. After all, we don't own our accounts, Sony does.

Rangers F.C

Does anyone know what the deal is with the stuff purchased on PSN now ? I know its not backwards compatible but are there plans to unlock it at some point on PS4 ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

supposedly through 2014 sometime we'll be able to stream psn games thru gaikai!

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by nemec8 View Post
    supposedly through 2014 sometime we'll be able to stream psn games thru gaikai!
    Do you have to pay for them again is the big question ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'm already a PS+ subscriber, and don't play online much, so it doesn't really bother me much. However, it does suck for those in the countries that aren't supported by PSN.

PRO Member

I already have a ridiculous internet bill, what's a few more dollars for ps+ Seriously though, I don't mind, ps+ is awesome and I've already had it for awhile anyway so there's really no change for me

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

PS+ is such a great deal that it doesn't bother me one bit.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The only problem is Sony is not decided yet if there including Gaikai with PS+. Right now it looks like there going to charge another fee for Gaikai or make you repurchase the game again. But either way, you have another fee of some kind to pay, plus your internet bill, even if you don't need PS+. But Just think if they do force you to get PS+ to earn some of the multiplayer trophies, then your screwed especially if you want to play ps3 games. Then you have a internet bill, and PS+ to pay for, and Gaikai to pay for. This is another reason I dont think there going to force you to need PS+ to play online, PS+ will just add more features to online gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I think people have overlooked the fact that Sony now has Gaikai, which more than likely they expect to have all 70 million people transfer over to the PS4 at some point, and having that many people which they want to use the service will COST $MILLIONS$ just to have it working properly. Sony having this cloud service makes it inevitable for them to charge, and to have had it a separate sub service from the online would have made more people turn away than subscribe to it, even if it was apart of the regular PS+. They need more money for the service PS+ offers now and what Gaikai will offer all in one. Now everyone will use it, and Sony will make the services even better this way.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Do you have to pay for them again is the big question ?
    This has been their plan from the beginning, as far as I'm aware.

I'm irritated that software that plays on both systems and comes through the same network wont transfer from PS3 to PS4.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

they're using that extra chunk of cash vto make the online experience better... I dont have a problem with it... besides I bought + for the next 5 years

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    They can pay for the service only to have their account banned. It might not happen right away but it can happen after a few months or a few years, so all that money you spent is gone, along with the games. After all, we don't own our accounts, Sony does.
    Actually, they would simply lose online access. Any games that had to be played online would be inaccessible, and it's possible that PS+ free games would stop working if you were banned from PSN, but any games you bought outright, at full price or PS+ discount, would still be playable whether you were banned or not. They can control your access to their servers, but they can't control access to content on your system that you've paid for.

Check Those Corners

NP paying for PSN... if its cheaper i dont care because sony always gives quality.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Actually, they would simply lose online access. Any games that had to be played online would be inaccessible, and it's possible that PS+ free games would stop working if you were banned from PSN, but any games you bought outright, at full price or PS+ discount, would still be playable whether you were banned or not. They can control your access to their servers, but they can't control access to content on your system that you've paid for.
    Until your PS3 breaks or you delete a game to make room on the HDD, right? At least I think so.

Lvl 9 - Gold

wait...
    SONY PULLED A MICROSOFT???
    i didnt know you had to be a PS Plus subscriber to play online!!! im guessing from all the posts and whatnot that this is true.
    i think PS Plus is a great service with tons of cool features, but i just dont want to pay for it, just because i have way too many games too play (or neglecting to play ) right now, and also that i have absolutely no room left on my PS3 HDD for extra things like full games. Curse you Mass Effect 2 and Vanquish for being 12GB each.

well, this is a disappointment for me...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thats just what people are assuming, bc there are conflicting reports. Me personally from what i read, it looks like PS+ will offer more online modes, but not everything you can get without it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    wait...
    i didnt know you had to be a PS Plus subscriber to play online!!! im guessing from all the posts and whatnot that this is true.
    i think PS Plus is a great service with tons of cool features, but i just dont want to pay for it, just because i have way too many games too play (or neglecting to play ) right now, and also that i have absolutely no room left on my PS3 HDD for extra things like full games. Curse you Mass Effect 2 and Vanquish for being 12GB each.

well, this is a disappointment for me...

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    wait...
    i didnt know you had to be a PS Plus subscriber to play online!!! i have absolutely no room left on my PS3 HDD for extra things like full games.
    This will be the case for PS4, the PS3 should remain the same as it is now.

As for HDD space, once you add the games to your download list, they'll be there forever. Just leave them in limbo until you're ready to download them.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I don't have an issue at all with paying for quality. I personally felt that XBL was a better online service than standard PSN, even if you were paying for it. Now the fact that Sony is throwing us a few discounts and free games each month for being a PS+ member doesn't hurt either.

I haven't seen all the details with what PS+ will be offering us on the PS4, but I'm hoping to see more chat, community and in-game options like what we saw on XBL.
    "A Lion Doesn't Concern Himself With the Opinion of a Sheep."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast