Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your stance on paying for online?

This is a discussion on Your stance on paying for online? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; We all know Sony announced that PS Plus will be a requirement for online gaming on the PS4. Now, PS ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Your stance on paying for online?

We all know Sony announced that PS Plus will be a requirement for online gaming on the PS4. Now, PS Plus is a great little service on PS3 as it's optional and offers a lot of free games, and not old ones neither. However, a lot of countries aren't supported by PSN so they basically threw hose customers away. I'm sure they did their market research and don't think of it that much, but still it's a lot of gamers that won't be buying a PS4. I'm mostly a singleplayer gamer so this won't affect me that much, but I'm not really fond of the idea.

What's your opinion on all this?

Lvl 8 - Gold

I don't mind it as long as Sony gives us quality.

Local Drunk

Well I'm already a PS Plus subscriber so it doesn't bother me and the free games are

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 5 - Silver

All the content ps+ gives is nice so it won't bother me to pay for online..

Death to zombies!!

I always have PS+ so it doesnt bother me at all. You may have to pay for online but look at all the other benifits you get....PS+ across all 3 systems if you have them, cloud saves, free games and discounts plus auto system updates.

If they still add online passes to games i can see alot of people getting annoyed as you are then paying twice to play online.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

You weak azz niggs

I would think most people whose countries don't have PSN have already made their accounts with countries that have it. So it probably won't be that big of a deal.

PRO Member

All of the above

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 8 - Gold

As majority of my gaming is multiplayer, I have no problem paying for PS+. The benefits outweigh the price.

Negator

This new approach to online gaming isn't the same as MS's XBLG.

You're paying for PS+, which is a superb service and a no-brainer for any gamer. Now, PS+ is required for online play, which while I'm a cheap bastard, I support fully.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

The One and Only

I'm not against it, but that's only because I like PS+. Otherwise I wouldn't have been willing to pay to play online.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Up the Irons!

I don't have a problem getting PS+ because of all it offers.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Rangers F.C

PS+ is awesome and I have it a lot of the year ( 11.99 part subscription ) but at times I have already played most of the stuff and don't renew my subscription till I see stuff I like . I don't see how they can offer as good a deal on plus straight away . I am not bothered about it but don't like to be forced to do anything . I cant complain because I probably would have got it anyway .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Forget I Was Ever Here

Even if I don't play with people online much this is still fine sony has gone without doing this since PS2 whats wrong with charging $50 us dollars when you even get stuff free worth over that amount? nothin to complain about from my opinion i had ps+ for a long time and then stopped since i was never paying the games free with it plus i already own most of them so no point but i don't mind i rather talk and play with my friends from here so its worth it to me

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well I've been for only a few months and don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon, so not very bothersome to me. I'm actually wondering if EU and the US are going to be getting the same games now, as EU gets such amazing games while the US is left in the dirt (well not really anymore but EU is still beating them). Hopefully it'll be the same, as I live in the US and it's pretty annoying having to pay more for EU PS+, but is still very much worth it.
    Also I'm pretty sure Sony said this, but requiring PS+ to play online is actually all on the developers/publishers, or is at least somewhat dependant on them. That's why Warframe and like 3 other confirmed games so far don't require PS+ to play. But I'm sure most games probably will require PS+ to play online.
    MEME FTW!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well Microsoft have had it for years now and it does look like PS+ gives more than Xbox Live Gold. I've never been on PS+ but it does look like good value for money. Hopefully they use the money from subscriptions to improve the stability of PSN

Lvl 9 - Gold

The way I see it, people who live in countries that don't support PSN shouldn't care whether or not PS+ is required to play online, as... you know... THEY CAN'T PLAY ONLINE. So... not really an issue for them. But as someone already said, if they wanted to play online, they probably already setup their account with a country that supports PSN. It might be somewhat of a hassle to purchase PSN credit/PS+ cards in order to pay for PS+, but as several of the other posters here also already said, the benefits more than outweigh the costs. And it helps to support the infrastructure needed for all the new streaming capabilities and cross-game chat and various other new shiny things we'll be getting with the PS4.
    As I'm already paying for PS+, I can't honestly say whether I would have been happy with this move, but as I'm a current subscriber and plan to stay one, I'm perfectly okay with this.

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    However, a lot of countries aren't supported by PSN
    So if they don't have PSN, it doesn't matter if they have to pay to play online, because they wouldn't even be able to get on for free anyway? Maybe you phrased it wrong, but if they don't have PSN to begin with, making online play cost money won't affect them.

Also, on the topic of my stance for paying to play online:
    Meh. Having to pay to play online is kind of lame. However, having to pay for a service like PS+ is a no brainer. It offers a ton of value, and if requiring PS+ for online play means sony is going to step up in terms of what the PSN offers, I'm all for it. It seems like they're really building their networking infrastructure, with their acquisition of Gaikai, and their goal of having their legacy library streamable to PS3/4/Vita. But yeah, I already have PS+ and never planned on giving it up, so it doesn't affect me a great deal.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

-i- love myself.

I don't really care, PS+ is a great service along with paying for online we'll be getting a bunch of free games and discounts.

Breakfast and Chill

As someone that has payed for both Xbox Live and PS+, I'm far more willing to continue my Plus subscription into next gen. The payment will allow for Sony to create a better online experience while still giving you at least 12 free games per year (often totaling over $150 in value). All I have gotten with my Gold sub ($10 more, mind you) is the ability to use a service I already pay for (Netflix) and play games/access the marketplace.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Even though the Plus will be a bit slimmer looking on the free game front for PS4 at first, 3 years of nice surprises and the IGC mean i will renew again next year in a heartbeat on goodwill alone.

The only complaint i could see being made about the switch to mandatory fees for online play will be if Sony show no signs of positive re-investment into the console. Granted, the shoddier parts of the PSN infrastructure now are mainly down to a console too old to keep up but significant improvement to the online experience is essential to keep people on board during the next gen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast