Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony to announce more PS4 games at Gamescom

This is a discussion on Sony to announce more PS4 games at Gamescom within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Gamescom is the European equivalent of E3 and Sony has always treated it with equal respect. Plenty of new games ...

PRO Member

Sony to announce more PS4 games at Gamescom

Gamescom is the European equivalent of E3 and Sony has always treated it with equal respect. Plenty of new games for PS3 were revealed at the event and it looks like the same thing will happen with the PS4.
    Sony revealed a new IP called The Order 1886 at E3 and we’ve been wondering what their other first-party studios like Guerrilla Games, Naughty Dog, Media Molecule and others are doing. Well, it looks like we will finally know the answer to that at Gamescom.

SCEE’s Jim Ryan said in an interview that the company will be announcing more games for PS4 at the show. He also confirmed that the PS4 will be launching in Europe before Christmas 2013.
    “There’s a lot coming. I’m sure you heard from Shu [Yoshida] that he has 30 games in development. 20 of them are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life, and of those 12 are new IP,” he said. “There’s a lot going on, we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got Gamescom for us Europeans–we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?”
    This is great news as there have been plenty of rumours that Sony is going all out when it comes to internal software support for the PS4 and hopefully we will see terrific games at the show which begins from August 21st and lasts till August 25th.
    Jim Ryan also revealed in another interview that PS4 software bundles for Europe may be a possibility.

Please show us some more of Deep Down....

Sony to announce more PS4 games at Gamescom - Gamechup | Video Game News, Reviews, Features, Guides

Lvl 5 - Silver

Not that I have anything against indie games but I hope Sony announces something that'll be from its first party developers and not just indie games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

If sony show a new God of war or uncharted and I'll be a happy bunny, show a few new vita games as well like a new persona or valkyria chronicles and I'll be ecstatic

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by crewe-fox View Post
    If sony show a new God of war or uncharted and I'll be a happy bunny, show a few new vita games as well like a new persona or valkyria chronicles and I'll be ecstatic
    I'm sure there will be seeing that they had the Omega symbol in the "Greatness Awaits" commercial unless of course that was refering to the PS Vita GOW 1,2 and Uncharted game has already been uncovered but isn't developed by Naughty Dog I don't believe.

I'm hoping for these titles Jak 4, The Last Guardian and SLY 5 developed by Sucker Punch, Hot Shots Golf, new exclusive Crash Bandicoot and at least 5 more huge franchise/exclusive announcements. I wish SONY would change the look of the camera and maybe put the cord in the middle instead of on the side. Seeing that Microsoft dropped the DRM and online check ins it would be sweet if SONY announced that your PSN games that you bought will transfer over to the PS4 for free.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Thought there would still be a few more for them to talk about still. I'm thinking a standalone GOW vita game maybe? I would love a Gran turisimo vita game but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Ill probably be picking a vita up to use with my Ps4 sometime in the next few months.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    Thought there would still be a few more for them to talk about still. I'm thinking a standalone GOW vita game maybe? I would love a Gran turisimo vita game but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Ill probably be picking a vita up to use with my Ps4 sometime in the next few months.
    It's kind of silly to do a stand-alone God of War (or any title) for the Vita. You cut your audience by a large fraction, since only a small percentage of people own a Vita and would be able to play it. Even the 2 GOW titles for the PSP eventually found their way to the PS3. At the very least, include a downloadable copy in the PS Store for the rest of us.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I hope they show some more triple a titles this time instead of a whole bunch on indie games and vita games

PRO Member

Nice, can't wait to see more games, since The Order didn't really impact me that much.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Can't wait to see with what new games they come up with.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by koto View Post
    I hope they show some more triple a titles this time instead of a whole bunch on indie games and vita games
    This, I want to see the reveal of like 3-4 AAA titles in a row!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    It's kind of silly to do a stand-alone God of War (or any title) for the Vita. You cut your audience by a large fraction, since only a small percentage of people own a Vita and would be able to play it. Even the 2 GOW titles for the PSP eventually found their way to the PS3. At the very least, include a downloadable copy in the PS Store for the rest of us.
    Might be a crossbuy for ps3 and vita then who knows.
    Was just something I think they would do sometime since there is the psp versions i am sure that the ps4 will bring some more vita sales.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'd like another uncharted game, that's about it for me cause GoW got old and I don't really care about it anymore tbh.
    I am... a Ghoul!

Lvl 6 - Silver

nice if they are announcing a new god of war

Lvl 5 - Silver

I personally hope they announce a new Crash Bandicoot game and hopefully another Buzz game

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'll just put this out there as a Vita owner. If Sony doesn't announce any Vita games in Gamescom, the Vita is officially dead.

Rise and Shine.

Awesome! More Deep Down is a good thing..

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

Hmmm it would be more awesome to announce launch titles and not games released in q2 or q3 of next year

PRO Member

I hope Naughty Dog shows us the next thing they will be working on. Hopefully a new Jak or a new uncharted

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

PRO Member

Yea hoping they will show some awsome stuff. I haven't played re6 because the demo realy diden't do it for me, but this poster

Maybe we will see some more of it there? or not.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Personally, I've been hoping that they make a second Legend of Dragoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast