PS4 user name

This is a discussion on PS4 user name within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; ok I might be being thick here but if I get a ps4 and sign in using all my ps3 ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PS4 user name

ok I might be being thick here but if I get a ps4 and sign in using all my ps3 info so I can keep all my trophies will my user name stay the same or is there any option to change it as I set my name (FLOYD2007) as the year I got the ps3 and would like to change it to the year I get the ps4 PS this is the first time I have made a post so if I have put in the the wrong place or done anything wrong as I say its my first time im more of a long time reader first time poster

Local Drunk

It'll stay the same but there could be an option to change it, who knows.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Possibly but I think they have only mentioned changing it to your RL name not changing your actual ID.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I doubt we'll be able to change it, but you could always start fresh with a new ID. I really hate my ID and wanna make a new one because let's face it my current name sucks. PS4 will probably be what causes me to make a new one.

Lvl 9 - Gold

After having my id for over 5 years I couldn't see myself ever changing it as it wouldn't feel right. Also since my id is just my name it will make more sense when I add my real life name

PRO Member

Yeah I don't believe you will be able to change your name, But I heard a lot about using your real life name too. Or maybe have both your RL name and username

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ok thanks guys I guess we will just have to wait and see. If it comes down to it ill keep my user name as I really don't wanna lose all my trophies. I think ill pick my real name if I get that option tho

Plats-O'-War!!

If and when I do get a PS4, I'm keeping the same name I'm using now.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

From what I remember hearing, in order to use your real life name You and your friends must intergrate your ps4 to the recommended social networking site(s) ie Facebook In the video demo the girl was on her phone messaging the player on his console That was a first clue for me
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

I dont mind being able to integrate Facebook with PSN because then i'll be able to see what friends I have on Facebook have a PS4

Saints Row IV

I will stay with the same expect there is an option to change it,then i will remove the caps-lock and make it look normal xD
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    Possibly but I think they have only mentioned changing it to your RL name not changing your actual ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuvuu48- View Post
    Yeah I don't believe you will be able to change your name, But I heard a lot about using your real life name too. Or maybe have both your RL name and username
    You can use both your PSN id and your real life name as an alias for your PSN account. It's highly doubtful that we can change our PSN id - the PSN database contains nearly 100 million records...that's a thumping big database to change the primary key, which is probably the PSN id or a cipher for it.

That said, Japanese PSN accounts have both login names and display names - we might get the option for a display name, which could be changed at will, similar to Steam. Again, doubtful, but it'd be a desirable inclusion.

Real names only comes into play IF YOU CHOOSE TO SHARE IT. So, you and your real life friends can opt to share your real names with each other, no-one else can see your real name. Both parties must choose the share their real names or it won't be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    From what I remember hearing, in order to use your real life name You and your friends must intergrate your ps4 to the recommended social networking site(s) ie Facebook In the video demo the girl was on her phone messaging the player on his console That was a first clue for me
    Facebook will be optional. The PSN is essentially a social network already, there's no need to integrate it with a third-party.

The girl in the video is using the PS4 app on Android or iOS.