View Poll Results: PS4 include a web browser?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox type none

2 13.33%
  • Wii type 3rd party

3 20.00%
  • Ps3 and hope its not forgotten

10 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should playstation 4 include web browser

This is a discussion on Should playstation 4 include web browser within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Since 2007/8 Sony has included a web browser with ps3 but its either been total failure or rarely used. I ...

:platinum: since Oct 08

Should playstation 4 include web browser

Since 2007/8 Sony has included a web browser with ps3 but its either been total failure or rarely used. I have even recently bought new crystal white ps3 updated with latest firmware and it locks up quicker than a hooker on payday. It's also the reason why I bought a iPad. Compared to Xbox which doesn't have a browser at all and wii which could use safari the ps3 is middle of the road " yes ps3 got a browser but it's really not useable "

Should PS4 include a web browser or go third party like wii or go the way of Xbox and not include one at all?

I do believe wii uses opera not safari.
    Last edited by LinuxSteven301; 06-26-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Mistake

Lvl 6 - Silver

I just assumed it would with the new interface and what not, and the focus on increased connectivity and social gaming.

On another note my PS3 browser wasn't that bad but I didn't use it often.

Local Drunk

Don't really care as I never really use the PS3's browser.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post

^^ Pretty much, this.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Me neither, I haven't used the PS3 browser in the last 5 years.

However, with the quick-switch, multi-tasking capabilities of the PS4, I'd expect to see a robust browser this time around - it'd be handy to instantly swap between a trophy guide and a game. Bang Chrome onboard and that'd do the job.

By the way, Xbox has IE - Set up Xbox Internet Explorer | Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 - Xbox.com
    PS3 uses a cut-down IE engine.
    Both suck balls...IE is easily the worst option out there for modern web browsers.

PRO Member

If it was good I'd use it so yeah, I'd like a good one.

-i- love myself.

Don't really care about the web browser I rarely use it and if I do its only for themes.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

I don't overly care about whether it does or doesn't provide a web browser it would be a nice addition and yes I do realize most people have a computer but what if someone else is using it and doesn't want to let you use it when you need to. I have never had any problems with the PS3 browser other than the notifications of running javascript which you can have it so you don't get asked again. If the PS4 does come with a browser hopefully you have a few good ones to choose from.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

If it has one and it's good I'll probably use it but I couldn't care less if it has one or not. I used the PS3 web browser a time or two when I got it and thought it was garbage. Haven't touched it since.
    Last edited by Kaimaerah; 06-26-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've used it a couple times but I didn't really like it. Never used it anymore since I use my phone for the web so I don't really see a point for it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    However, with the quick-switch, multi-tasking capabilities of the PS4, I'd expect to see a robust browser this time around - it'd be handy to instantly swap between a trophy guide and a game. Bang Chrome onboard and that'd do the job.
    This. If I wanna google something or have a look at a trophy guide, I want it quick. I use my laptop at the minute but it'd be nice to just double click the PS button and have my guide up. If it's there its gotta be functional and responsive

Game on....

I think it is nice to have it included but not essential. I found myself using it a little now and then but not for heavy internet use. I definitely think it should be included on the PS4 as standard.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I never used the browser on the PS3 as I always had a laptop nearby for searches and such. It would be a nice additional feature I guess but I wouldn't miss it.

Negator

An integrated browser that can be used while in-game or during any other process would be nice, especially if the browser didn't suck.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

Sony would probably go with chrome or Firefox or something this time around if they want one I dont use it because of how tedious it is for using while on my ps3 at the moment.

Rangers F.C

Don't care . Its not something I would ever use, I normally game with my laptop next to me .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Like many others mentioned, I barely use the current browser we got on PS3. I find it cluncky and unresponsive most of the time. If I make use of it it's either because I lost sight of my USB key or my PS3 is having one of it's 'cold shoulder' moments with my laptop, so I can't transfer a newfound theme or wallpaper.

For the most part, I couldn't care less whether they implemented one or not on the PS4. My laptop is turned on and sitting right beside me 98% of the time. Although, if they did go with one and it could be used pretty much the same way as what Steam currently has going, I could see myself using it on a more regular basis for trophy guides and in-game maps.

PRO Member

I'd like to be able to access the PS4 browser while in-game for collectibles and such and for it not to have a character limit.I don't really do much online except come here,check email,and occasional youtube video the ps3 browser does all those things good enough for me.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 9 - Gold

I really couldn't care less. If it has one, then hooray, the web links that the XMB offers should be able to load properly. But it's not like I ever sat down and thought "I'm going to use my PS3 to browse the internet instead of play games or watch Blu-Rays." If I really need to use the internet or need a trophy guide/collectibles guide, I've got my own computer. Having to kick someone else off isn't an issue for me.

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    An integrated browser that can be used while in-game or during any other process would be nice, especially if the browser didn't suck.
    This.

Especially if the browser didn't suck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast