PS4 camera

This is a discussion on PS4 camera within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have been hearing from a lot of shows about the PS4 that the camera is pretty much needed . ...

Rangers F.C

PS4 camera

I have been hearing from a lot of shows about the PS4 that the camera is pretty much needed . It is not essential for it to work but the console will suck without it, does anyone have any more info/facts about this ?

If this is true then the PS4 price will be on par with Xbox one and could be a sneaky move by Sony but I doubt it, my main question is will it be shit without it ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 9 - Gold

The PS4 will only suck without it if it's needed for critical UI functions or launch titles. As it stands the only specific thing they showed it doing was switching the screen around during splitscreen play. And with it only being $60, and not mandatory, still a LOT better than the Xbone, imho.

Negator

If the camera isn't essential for the console to function, then how could it "suck without it"?

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    If the camera isn't essential for the console to function, then how could it "suck without it"?
    Thats what I am asking

PRO Member

From what I've saw barely any launch titles bother using the camera, that shows how little it's gonna "suck without it"

In my eyes not including the camera has created a split

XBOne comes with a camera, meaning every console owner has one, giving the developers more incentive to include camera gimmicks

The PS4 however doesn't include a camera, and it looks like the move support will continue to be as poor on the PS4 as it is on the PS3.

This is perfectly fine for me, less gimmicks, more gameplay

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I have been hearing from a lot of shows about the PS4 that the camera is pretty much needed . It is not essential for it to work but the console will suck without it
    If you have any sources, now would be a good time to credit them.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    From what I've saw barely any launch titles bother using the camera, that shows how little it's gonna "suck without it"

In my eyes not including the camera has created a split

XBOne comes with a camera, meaning every console owner has one, giving the developers more incentive to include camera gimmicks

The PS4 however doesn't include a camera, and it looks like the move support will continue to be as poor on the PS4 as it is on the PS3.

This is perfectly fine for me, less gimmicks, more gameplay
    ^This, especially the bold-italicized sentence. I had the Move for short while, mainly for EyePet and KZ3. It was fun but there's only so much you can do with it or incorporate it into so many games without it becoming a gimmick.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

PRO Member

Pretty much what everyone's been saying, PS4 won't suck without gimmicks unlike Xbox.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Unless it has voice commands as well, which I doubt I don't really see it benefiting unless you want to video chat with your friends as you play with picture in picture or some kind of feature like that, but cross-game voice would be fine for me.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post
    ^This, especially the bold-italicized sentence. I had the Move for short while, mainly for EyePet and KZ3. It was fun but there's only so much you can do with it or incorporate it into so many games without it becoming a gimmick.
    The only thing that sucks in a way is that doing this limits the potential for Move and in a way Kinect.

If third party developers knew everyone had both peripherals I'm sure they'd put more emphasis on it. I'm pretty sure I'd quite enjoy playing singleplayer shooters with move if the quality was good

illegal in 9 countries

We've heard exactly jack shit about the PS4 Eye, so it's too early to jump the gun on the "suckiness" of the PS4 without it.

What I find interesting is the new camera appears to have a dual lens setup. That seems to imply some sort of 3D rendering / augmentation of real world objects or people.

I guess we'll know more by the time TGS rolls around, but for now, optional means optional.

Also, the PS4 + PS Eye is still $40 cheaper, it has much beefier hardware specs and by all accounts is easier to develop for than the XB1 (simpler RAM configuration). So even if the prices were on parity, the odds would come out in favour of the PS4.

The One and Only

Well I would agree with the majority of the comments, but let's see how it all plays out in a few months. At this point anything can happen I think.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

INTJ

i miss that E3 ps3 game they unveiled back when the console was first shown that uses the camera before they buried it and never showed it off ever again.

maybe the ps4 will have it.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    If you have any sources, now would be a good time to credit them.
    I watched guys at E3 playing it, they were UK gamers on a few UK TV shows and they all said it needed the camera, I am asking if its right enough because I don't know .