Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Sony will earn $2-$3 bucks for every X-Box One that's sold??

This is a discussion on Sony will earn $2-$3 bucks for every X-Box One that's sold?? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Kid_Loser Pretty sure it was Sony and I think Panasonic that have most of the rights to ...

  1. #21
    illegal in 9 countries


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,822
    Reputation
    594

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Pretty sure it was Sony and I think Panasonic that have most of the rights to blu-ray out the 9 companies.

    However much it is though, $1, $2 or $3 for every console sold that is a lot of money. Microsofts $500 price point could possibly only give them $100 profit, or maybe nothing, similar to Sony and the PS3 way back when.
    Sony and Pioneer...or Philips. But you're right, Sony was the prime mover behind the Blu-Ray format.

    Without access to Blu-Ray, MS would have gone down the full digital path or needed to develop their own high-capacity storage at monumental cost in both time and money.

    Blu-Ray is the standard and $2 or $3 is a pittance compared to the alternative - we know how much console gamers just LOVE not being able to buy retail discs. And with the "TV TV TV" focus on all-in-one home entertainment, MS needs to support retail movie sales and rentals. No physical drive, no market for the XB1.

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    So basically, this really is true and legit huh?
    Yep.

  2. #22
    Plats-O'-War!!
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    4,528
    Reputation
    219

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Sony and Pioneer...or Philips. But you're right, Sony was the prime mover behind the Blu-Ray format.

    Without access to Blu-Ray, MS would have gone down the full digital path or needed to develop their own high-capacity storage at monumental cost in both time and money.

    Blu-Ray is the standard and $2 or $3 is a pittance compared to the alternative - we know how much console gamers just LOVE not being able to buy retail discs. And with the "TV TV TV" focus on all-in-one home entertainment, MS needs to support retail movie sales and rentals. No physical drive, no market for the XB1.


    Yep.
    Wow, then does this mean that Sony has cornered the competition with this move then?




  3. #23
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    M40A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    847
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Wow, then does this mean that Sony has cornered the competition with this move then?
    Sony did not corner anything. Did you not read what antithesis said? This happens all the time between businesses. If you open up an PS3 controller, you'd notice Toshiba chips. Happens all the time. Open up any Apple product.


  4. #24
    The One and Only
    DaRe_xLw's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    493

    This sounds interesting. So either way Sony gets benefitted with the new generation of games.


    Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

    DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

    Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

    DareCity701
    My dA account.

    My YouTube Channel

    Please subscribe today!

    Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

  5. #25
    Plats-O'-War!!
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    4,528
    Reputation
    219

    Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Sony did not corner anything. Did you not read what antithesis said? This happens all the time between businesses. If you open up an PS3 controller, you'd notice Toshiba chips. Happens all the time.
    Yeah, I read it, and my question was only a question. That's all......................




  6. #26
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    This sounds interesting. So either way Sony gets benefitted with the new generation of games.
    Yeah, they do, but hardly. A few dollars of profit is nice and dandy, but we don't know how much money Sony will get per PS4 sold. Hell, given the tech they're using on it, I'm willing to assume they might not even be getting a profit due to the $400 price tag.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  7. #27
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Artithan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sovngarde
    Posts
    279
    Reputation
    13

    Im pretty sure im wrong about this and i may have just made it up, but wouldnt microsoft have to pay sony/the other 8 companies something for the use of the blu-ray logo on boxes and stuff? Or do logos not "count" towards licensing?


    Visit My Art Page: http://artithan-artpage.blogspot.ca/ You Won't Regret It.

    'But I dont want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    'Oh, you can't help that.' said the Cat: 'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad.'
    'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    'You must be,' said the Cat, 'Or you wouldn't have come here.'
    -Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'


  8. #28
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    Ha! That's golden.




  9. #29
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,570
    Reputation
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by Artithan View Post
    Im pretty sure im wrong about this and i may have just made it up, but wouldnt microsoft have to pay sony/the other 8 companies something for the use of the blu-ray logo on boxes and stuff? Or do logos not "count" towards licensing?
    They already paid for the rights to use it.

    Toggle Spoiler



    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  10. #30
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11
    Reputation
    0

    i agree. Hopefully what ever money they do make off of it is put to something useful or smart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO