Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possible Increase/Drop in Online Trophies for PS4 Games?

This is a discussion on Possible Increase/Drop in Online Trophies for PS4 Games? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Seeing as Sony is pushing being more social with people and are intending to improve upon their already great network ...

Deathless Destroyer

Possible Increase/Drop in Online Trophies for PS4 Games?

Seeing as Sony is pushing being more social with people and are intending to improve upon their already great network service, naturally I would expect there to be a greater amount of online trophies in games which have online segments. However, considering that for most games you'd have to pay to even use the online portion of games (via PS+) would there be a decrease/increase in them?

What are your thoughts?
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

I would personally like to see the death of online trophies. It would eliminate unplattable games and I think it might actually challenge developers to include a multiplayer mode worth actually playing. This way if (insert game here)'s multiplayer is good and enjoyable, people will keep playing it.

I'm not a fan of multiplayer myself but I do still play online and one of the things I hate most about multiplayer these days is that it mostly feels tacked on or copied and pasted and seasoned with a dash of trophies so at least perfectionists and trophy hunters will give it a go. I really don't mind online trophies, I mind that they are required a majority of the time.

But it seems that everyone (read: technology companies) wants to be more integrated with us and everyone around us so I think there'll be more online and team oriented trophies and not less.

Local Drunk

Yay more online trophies

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Death to zombies!!

I can see more online trophies coming soon and even trophies based around the share button. Trophies like watching a friend beat a boss before you beat him and things like that.

I wish they just added them as dlc trophies though.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

why do even bother making online trophy's? there a bloody pain to get anyway!

Synthwave <3

I really hope they decrease the amount of online trophies. Don't get me wrong, I love playing online but some online trophies are a real pain to get especially if you don't enjoy the mp in that game. It also sucks if servers are closed and you can no longer go online with some games or if the online is available but just laggy/glitchy. It would be nice as stupot was saying if they would offer multiplayer as an optional dlc that you could purchase so that way the online trophies wouldn't be required to get a platinum. I don't see why they don't do that since a lot of developers are doing online passes nowadays.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 8 - Gold

As much as I hate online trophies, I can assure you that online trophies will increase when PS4 and Xbone come out. The future we are heading into is to be connected universally, so you can bet your ass game developers will create games catering to online play. Ex: Elders Scroll Online, The Division, The Crew.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just hate when de online trophies are real long grinds like Tomb Raider, get to max level cap 3 times? No thanks. Naughty Dog has a least de right idea. Win one round of each type of multiplayer on Uncharted and The Last of Us was a little bit of a grind but it was doable. I just can`t see myself playing a game online for months on end. Even against friends. Once I get my trophies, I move on to de next game.

The One and Only

I think there will be an increase of online trophies, and there might be a possibility where they will become optional for the . That would be pretty interesting if Sony and game developers can pull that off.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Still the Chocobo

I like the idea for having them seperate in a way. Either by DLC or a different trophy list entirely. I like online trophies just because it's awesome when you do finally get them, but I understand others feelings on the long MP grinds or nearly unattainable skill-based ones.

I see this whole online connectivity growing and that means more online focused trophies IMO.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Lvl 6 - Silver

With the new focus on increased connectivity they will most likely increase, Online Passes didn't stop online trophies,, so I doubt the compulsory use of PS+ for online play will.

Kid, not loser

I like online trophies and I definitely support them. Trophies are not popular enough to ever dictate how the mp plays or how good it is, but it will influence some people to actually play it. It's more than likely if they drop them 80% of the people on this site won't even play mp once. It is a part of the game devs worked hard on, if it's good or crap. Why shouldn't they include it? So you can get an easier plat and move on from the game, which you bought or rented? Online trophies should stay, simply because you don't have to stay and play the game.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

In my ideal world we have two trophy lists per game, the singleplayer trophies take you up to the platinum, and the multiplayer trophies take you up to the 100% on said game

However, this is never gonna happen, the current system works to force you into playing multiplayer that you normally wouldn't touch, with the hope that somebody out there might actually enjoy their probably shit online portion and continue playing it

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PLEASE GET RID OF ONLINE TROPHIES!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I see things staying the same, you have one side screaming to rid online trophies but there's also a side that wants online trophies
    we learned with ps3 that even the games that originally had only SP is getting the MP treatment ie. tomb raider, god of war

So with more games and possibly new ips coming in we can expect to see more MP
    and developers giving there dlc worth by adding online trophies
    i don't think developers care about your trophy list more than your money
    Its a business after all
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I want more online trophies! I'll spend more time playing online and that means more opportunities to make new friends

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I think there will be an increase of online trophies, and there might be a possibility where they will become optional for the . That would be pretty interesting if Sony and game developers can pull that off.
    There would be no point in having them, if you can achieve the platinum without doing them . Online trophies are here to stay, sadly, they are also likely to increase in number .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

:platinum: since Oct 08

I'am more of a co-op player than a straight up mp gamer, it might not be to bad though if you can get a friend to control your game and earn the online trophies

Rise Above

I don't mind online trophies. aslong as there not 1000 wins in a game that wont last even 2 weeks on fanbase.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I don't mind online trophies either, but the major problem is that the online server is not always available and games become unable to platinum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast