New KZ: Shadow Fall Gameplay

This is a discussion on New KZ: Shadow Fall Gameplay within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The PlayStation 4 is building a huge amount of momentum for itís launch this winter, as Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) ...

Banned

New KZ: Shadow Fall Gameplay

The PlayStation 4 is building a huge amount of momentum for itís launch this winter, as Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) are clearly keen to recapture the throne as console leader. One of the most highly anticipated releases for the PlayStation 4 isKillzone: Shadow Fall, and today Electronic Theatre brings you some brand new gameplay footage taken from the videogame.
    This new footage has been filmed from a development console and so demonstrates a work-in-progress version of Killzone: Shadow Fall. However, regardless of the assertion that this is not representative of the final product, Killzone: Shadow Fall looks genuinely impressive nonetheless. Killzone: Shadow Fall is set for release alongside the PlayStation 4 console later this year and Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details.
    I'm not sure how to embed this video player so click on the source to watch it!

Source: Killzone: Shadow Fall Off-Screen Gameplay Footage Revealed | Electronic Theatre

Lvl 4 - Silver

Shite game. It'll defently be like 3.
    Sony should invest their money in making Exclusivies which really shows the PS4 power, instead of making Killzone and Infamous tittles, which besides the hype, sucks ass.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yup 3 out of 3
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    Yup 3 out of 3
    Hmpf...is someone mad ?

PRO Member

Cannot wait to play Shadows Fall. One of the main reasons I want ps4 on launch day,

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Not much of a Killzone guy, but I have to admit Shadows Fall looks beautiful. I might give it a shot just for the visuals, although it's not really my cup of tea.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Shite game. It'll defently be like 3.
    Sony should invest their money in making Exclusivies which really shows the PS4 power, instead of making Killzone and Infamous tittles, which besides the hype, sucks ass.
    What parts of the Killzone footage gives the impression that it's not using much of the PS4 power? The difference in the depth and change of scenery for starters shows to me how they're using that power to have much more going on at once than previously possible.

To me Killzone's only been a couple of good gameplay tweaks away from being a top online FPS, and with some unique features like the use of the touch pad for gadgets etc. I hope they've took a big leap in the right direction

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    What parts of the Killzone footage gives the impression that it's not using much of the PS4 power? The difference in the depth and change of scenery for starters shows to me how they're using that power to have much more going on at once than previously possible.

To me Killzone's only been a couple of good gameplay tweaks away from being a top online FPS, and with some unique features like the use of the touch pad for gadgets etc. I hope they've took a big leap in the right direction
    If you ask me, as someone who owns 3 (Biggest mistake by the way, only bought it cause some friend pushed me to) this looks no different than 3. Of course there are graphic changes, no doubt, but for me its just the same game with graphics improvements. I don't know how to explain it very well but in my eye it looks like a poor game to start with on the launch of the PS4.
    If a 6+ year console (PS3) can push itself to run a game like The Last of Us with hardware from 2006/2005 when people thought before that games like GOW III is the maximum the PS3 can run (which is great btw), trust me, the PS4 can do wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Shadow Fall. And it's obvious.

The console hasn't launched yet and people think this is the real PS4 power which is pathetic. If you don't seem to agree with me - save the argument and wait a couple of more years when real exclusives will come to the market. You'll see!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If you ask me, as someone who owns 3 (Biggest mistake by the way, only bought it cause some friend pushed me to) this looks no different than 3. Of course there are graphic changes, no doubt, but for me its just the same game with graphics improvements. I don't know how to explain it very well but in my eye it looks like a poor game to start with on the launch of the PS4.
    If a 6+ year console (PS3) can push itself to run a game like The Last of Us with hardware from 2006/2005 when people thought before that games like GOW III is the maximum the PS3 can run (which is great btw), trust me, the PS4 can do wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Shadow Fall. And it's obvious.

The console hasn't launched yet and people think this is the real PS4 power which is pathetic. If you don't seem to agree with me - save the argument and wait a couple of more years when real exclusives will come to the market. You'll see!
    Amit, your right that the PS4 isn't showcased will the full power that it is capable of. Same can be said of any new system when first released, but the power of the PS4 is still showed really well with the launch titles. Regardless of who's game would have been a launch title, their games wouldn't look any better. The developers haven't had their hands on the PS4 long enough for them to produce a game equal to what The Last of Us is on the PS3.

Kid, not loser

Shadow Fall looks amazing!!! But does it look like a futuristic sci-fi military FPS? Yes, yes it does still, which is awesome!

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

It looks like it plays a hell of a lot better than 3 (Obviously you can't tell for sure from a video) to me, but then again I've not played 3 for a good year or so, so memory may not serve me correctly

You're not gonna see games getting the most out of the system for atleast a year or two, so for now that leaves you with the choices of either getting the console on launch and having a decent bundle of games to play with that are simply the start of the next gen. Or wait until they start bringing out games that you feel are truly 'next gen'

I'm happy enough to dish out the money and have the likes of KZ, BF4 and watch dogs to keep me happy for a while

InFamous has reportedly been in production for much longer than you'd think, supposedly one of the first PS4 games to enter development, so I can't see it being as disappointing as you think

Rangers F.C

I don't think Killzone gets anywhere near the respect it deserves, great offline and one of the few games I would play online, 2 and 3 were amazing games IMO and Shadow Fall ticks all my boxes, plus the graphics look amazing too, I have watched the trailer repeatedly .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    It looks like it plays a hell of a lot better than 3 (Obviously you can't tell for sure from a video) to me, but then again I've not played 3 for a good year or so, so memory may not serve me correctly

You're not gonna see games getting the most out of the system for atleast a year or two, so for now that leaves you with the choices of either getting the console on launch and having a decent bundle of games to play with that are simply the start of the next gen. Or wait until they start bringing out games that you feel are truly 'next gen'

I'm happy enough to dish out the money and have the likes of KZ, BF4 and watch dogs to keep me happy for a while

InFamous has reportedly been in production for much longer than you'd think, supposedly one of the first PS4 games to enter development, so I can't see it being as disappointing as you think
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I don't think Killzone gets anywhere near the respect it deserves, great offline and one of the few games I would play online, 2 and 3 were amazing games IMO and Shadow Fall ticks all my boxes, plus the graphics look amazing too, I have watched the trailer repeatedly .
    And that's what i am basically saying. I personally wont buy the PS4 until late 2014, at least. I don't have any reason to buy games which looks like PS3 best game(s) for the next gen, as you said, I want more, because damn - this is the next gen. And if you ask me Infamous Second Son can run on the PS3 as well. May sound stupid but this is what I think. His graphics are really decent, it's not so an 'open world' as people describe it (And i have 1 &2), It's a small area and not even close to be a superb gameplay that's for sure.

And i can enjoy Battlefield 4, CoD, Watch Dogs and any multiplatform game that is coming on my PS3 as well. Some graphic decrease won't kill me. And this why I don't see a reason to buy a PS4 on launch or even on it's first year - until 'real' exclusives will be on the market.. there is shitload of time.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Nice vid, this game is on my wish list for PS4

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores EspaŮol

-i- love myself.

Not a big fan of KZ but this game is looking visually beautiful and thats one of the reasons why I will be getting this game.