Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony Dev to M$ Executive: You Won The Games, We Won The Gamers

This is a discussion on Sony Dev to M$ Executive: You Won The Games, We Won The Gamers within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; “Friendly” banter isn’t anything new in the video game industry, but at times it can arguably hold some truth. During ...

Drunken Nights

Sony Dev to M$ Executive: You Won The Games, We Won The Gamers

“Friendly” banter isn’t anything new in the video game industry, but at times it can arguably hold some truth. During an AMA (Ask me Anthing) on Reddit a developer working on Xbox One, that remained anonymous but verified his identity with the moderators, shared a funny little detail coming straight from E3 when asked about the reaction at Microsoft to the outcry from the fans following the press conferences:

It was quite moot. One of our execs had mentioned a Sony dev came up to him at E3 and told him you won the games, we won the gamers.
    Many do feel that Microsoft did show a stronger line-up of games at E3, but Sony Managed to catch a runaway victory with the price of the console and the stance against DRM and always online policies.

The unnamed developer also mentioned that the team working on Xbox One is huge, counting about 1000 people. The console runs very quiet (“Almost inaudible”), and has worse specs than the PS4, even if one can debate by how much. We also learn that Kinect costs almost as much as the console itself to manufacture.

Finally he confirmed once more that the “family sharing” function planned for the Xbox One and then scrapped after the 180 on DRM involved full games, and not just glorified demos as some argued. I can say that as much as I really disliked the original version of the policies, losing this feature does sting a little bit.

DualShockers

Xbox One Reddit

Kid, not loser

I still disagree about the games being better for the X1. I like the games for the PS4, and at E3 Sony made clear focus on 3rd party support, and 3rd party console exclusives and a LOT of indie exclusives. One thing people also forget is Sony has 20 exclusives in the PS4's first year while X1 has 15. Sony has the clear advantage with exclusives and games, no matter how you put it. It's just Microsoft seems to have the advantage because they announced most of everything already.

Which console will have more launch titles? The PS4. Which console has more announced games right now? The PS4, even if just exclusive to the platform. Sony focused a lot to not just get their games on the platform, but to get a great variation of games on it.

Also, Sony has a bunch of support still for the PS3. While Microsoft seems to want to drop the 360 like the did for the original xbox. Even with a new version coming out.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I dont want to sound too much like a fanboy but looking at exclusives ive always thought Playstation is better because they seem to have much more variety.

Buy my book, Alteration

Playstation still looks better game-wise in my opinion. There's also a lot more.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I'm sure the Xbone will be a fine console, but it'll never touch the PS4. Same for 360, it's decent I guess but meh - I'll take bluray capabilities and the fact you can use the internet on it without having to have a shitty Gold membership. That and PS+ is 10x better than Live Gold, smh. PS4 looks brilliant.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    I dont want to sound too much like a fanboy but looking at exclusives ive always thought Playstation is better because they seem to have much more variety.
    the problem is that sonys ips create all these niche fanbases then they don't use them properly.

sony all stars is a fine example of this.

PRO Member

I don't know what this Sony Dev was smoking, but sony has games hands down in my opinion. Still don't see why a Sony dev would even say that lol.

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by tuvuu48- View Post
    I don't know what this Sony Dev was smoking, but sony has games hands down in my opinion. Still don't see why a Sony dev would even say that lol.
    Most likely because the Xbox exec lied... there is nothing to verify what was said.

And according to Wikipedia, Sony has 76 games in its line-up whilst MS has 57 games:

List of PlayStation 4 games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Xbox One games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS4 has 31 exclusives this generation (41% of their line-up) whilst Xbone has 20 (35% of their line-up).

God of War (2010/08/29) God of War II (2010/09/06) FIFA10 (2010/09/16) God of War III (2010/09/18) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2010/10/05) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2010/10/11) Assassin's Creed II (2011/07/11) Trine 2 (2013/05/27) The Walking Dead (2013/07/15)

Fight the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so sony admitted there's no games for the ps4?
    Yep, one guy saying something at a conference obviously speaks for the whole company.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Yep, one guy saying something at a conference obviously speaks for the whole company.
    reading things wrong again fuck

The One and Only

I'm sure XB1 has and will continue to have great games to offer for the system (I haven't looked into them, but still). So that's not even worth talking down or having a debate with imo. But I still think overall, looking at the big picture, Sony still has the upper hand with the higher appeal to gamers with a cheaper system and everything stated in the OP. So I agree based on that, Microsoft has the games, Sony has the gamers.

I'm still on Sony's side though like I have been the past 13ish years.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

will say 1 thing... love your sig GOH5T! go bats lol

PRO Member

Meh, XBone having better games is simply subjective to your own opinion. Only RYSE stood out as something I'd like to have on the PS4, other than that I prefer Sony's stance towards exclusives, compared to M$ throwing money at third party developers for exclusive rights

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    Meh, XBone having better games is simply subjective to your own opinion. Only RYSE stood out as something I'd like to have on the PS4, other than that I prefer Sony's stance towards exclusives, compared to M$ throwing money at third party developers for exclusive rights
    Agreed, I like the look of a few games and most you can play on both . I think Dead Rising 3 looks epic, I have loved the whole series and would buy an Xbox 1 just to play it, I also agree about RYSE but need some game footage thats not a constant QTE to be totally sold .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

As far as I'm concerned xboxone and it's games don't exist to me
    not saying this as some obsessed fanboy but as a player I just like the games that Sony has brought out over the years
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    This is exactly what I always thought. That and Microsoft hasn't really done anything decent with the 360 in years. If their PR is anything to go by, the Xone won't be any better when it comes to games.

Kiwi Defender

Kind of true, but not entirely due to them backing down on the features, which lead to them getting back a bunch of supporters.

That said, they do have a strong line-up, but we'll have to wait and see how they perform. I assume most people will probably forget about many of the games and focus exclusively on the newest Halo and Titan Fall, but who knows.

the problem is that sonys ips create all these niche fanbases then they don't use them properly.

No kidding. They were supposed to give a lot of post-release support to that game, and they never did.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I was in the beta of PS All Stars and kept warning people here that it was terrible. As usual, no one listens. I would love for the SSB devs to take a crack at PS All Stars, but it would never happen for obvious reasons.

Threat

Of all the announced exclusive Xbox One games, the only one I would ever want is Dead Rising 3.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I only care about kingdom hearts and final fantasy and various other jrpg games so PS3 is the only option for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast