Rock Band 4 for next-Gen?

This is a discussion on Rock Band 4 for next-Gen? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Rock Band 3 is one of my favorite games, however it isn't that technically impressive. I was thinking of a ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Rock Band 4 for next-Gen?

Rock Band 3 is one of my favorite games, however it isn't that technically impressive.
    I was thinking of a 4th Rock Band for the 4th Playstation. giving Harmonix the chance to put in technology that will enhance the experience. they could improve the possibilities, the graphics, the mechanics and include a system that checks what you are good at and helps you choose songs that have those same elements. They could easily make RB4 a game you WANT, just as long as they give their fans exactly what they want.

If they made RB4 I would buy it, just make sure my PS3 GH controllers and RB3 DLC works with PS4
    if they take it slow and be careful and don't release 20 games at the same time it could even be profitable.

(I mean Guitar Hero is out of the picture, right? and it can't be possible that EVERYONE hates GH/RB now. and if you do, thanks, you really improve my life with your opinion)

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

I think they said they're done with Rock Band for now. Plus, they're currently working on the Fantasia game.

Sales were kinda bad for Rock Band 2 [Especially for PS3, which is why RB3 is so damned hard to find now - they made fewer copies of it.]

You miiight see a new Rock Band come next-gen, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They dropped their PS2 games [Frequency/Amplitude] a long time ago, only making pseudo-sequels to them [Rock Band Unplugged/Rock Band Blitz]. Most likely, you'll see a new IP from them. Maybe even Fantasia becoming a new franchise.

As much as I love the Rock Band games..I honestly think the whole "plastic instrument" phase of the rhythm genre is done. They're expensive, they take up a lot of space [Both in homes, and on the shelf at the store.], and they're expensive. [Yes, I said that twice...because they're f*cking expensive.]

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I think they said they're done with Rock Band for now. Plus, they're currently working on the Fantasia game.

Sales were kinda bad for Rock Band 2 [Especially for PS3, which is why RB3 is so damned hard to find now - they made fewer copies of it.]

You miiight see a new Rock Band come next-gen, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They dropped their PS2 games [Frequency/Amplitude] a long time ago, only making pseudo-sequels to them [Rock Band Unplugged/Rock Band Blitz]. Most likely, you'll see a new IP from them. Maybe even Fantasia becoming a new franchise.

As much as I love the Rock Band games..I honestly think the whole "plastic instrument" phase of the rhythm genre is done. They're expensive, they take up a lot of space [Both in homes, and on the shelf at the store.], and they're expensive. [Yes, I said that twice...because they're f*cking expensive.]
    The Fantasia game is an XBOX One exclusive. It's also coming to the 360 so Microsoft based exclusive. Game looks like it'll be a flop and they should bring out another Rockband and just amp it up with more tracks, better graphics and more features.

O_o

I'd rather see Guitar Hero come back, get rid of the band stuff and stick to where it came from.

Rock Band has been amazing to me for years and years and I have around 850 downloaded tracks in library, but GH has just been out of the ring for a while, and maybe it's time to see a slight return, even as a PSN title or what have you. A little something for those who still have their guitar peripherals layin' around and need some nice nostalgia at their fingertips.

EDIT: Having said that an HD collection with Guitar Hero, II, and Rock's The 80s would be a glorious idea.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I still play RB and GH with my wife and kids all the time and I would love to see another game. Harmonix has stated that they are working on 4 new games but they won't say if they are RB or not but they did say they are making some form of music game. I would also love to see a RB Blitz with multiplayer options or a Muse RB (Pleeeeaaassseeee!)

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    I still play RB and GH with my wife and kids all the time and I would love to see another game. Harmonix has stated that they are working on 4 new games but they won't say if they are RB or not but they did say they are making some form of music game. I would also love to see a RB Blitz with multiplayer options or a Muse RB (Pleeeeaaassseeee!)
    But all of Muse's songs sound the same.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Based on the fact they announced no more DLC in April, I'm guessing there won't ever be a RB4. But we can hope.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Luckay View Post
    But all of Muse's songs sound the same.
    Either you're kidding or you're not familiar with their work. I can't tell which.

DON'T BLINK

Actually they said they'd eventually like to make a next gen one. I'm looking for that interview now and will link when I find it.

Edit: here we go....

However, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos told VentureBeat that the Rock Band franchise is not gone forever, but will return in a reimagined form someday.
    "'I'll also say that we don't view Rock Band as something that's being left behind," Rigopulos said. "It's something we'll return to at the right point in time and reimagine it as appropriate for its time."
    Harmonix: Rock Band will return - GameSpot.com

Also...

Sorry if this was mentioned in another thread, but I couldn't find it. In Game Informer (May 2013), there's a couple pages about RB ending, with these quotes from Alex Rigopoulos:

"While we don't have any active title releases in development right now, it's never far from our thoughts, and you can be sure that this franchise will be back, guns blazing, at some point in the future when the time is right."

And more interestingly, regarding DLC:

"Certainly, it would be our ambition if and when we migrate Rock Band to the eighth-generation consoles, it would be our ambition to carry forward players' entitlements and their music libraries to the next generation. That investment that players have made over the years in those libraries is something that we would want to take great pains to protect as we carry Rock Band into the future."
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showt...=234312&page=1

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Lvl 6 - Silver

I used to be a huge RB/GH fan..had practically all the games. What I found frustrating about the older games was that, as a fan, here I am spending all this money on games that have duplicate songs that have already been played on previous RB/GH games. Yes you could always buy the DLC track packs, but as a consumer, you shouldn't HAVE to, seeing as though the new game should already have a new variety of songs..not sloppy seconds that was already put out by either RockBand or Guitar Hero.
    In my opinion, RockBand always had the better track lists. Guitar Hero just fell apart with each game they put out.

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

Will Love you for Food

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    I'd rather see Guitar Hero come back, get rid of the band stuff and stick to where it came from.

Rock Band has been amazing to me for years and years and I have around 850 downloaded tracks in library, but GH has just been out of the ring for a while, and maybe it's time to see a slight return, even as a PSN title or what have you. A little something for those who still have their guitar peripherals layin' around and need some nice nostalgia at their fingertips.

EDIT: Having said that an HD collection with Guitar Hero, II, and Rock's The 80s would be a glorious idea.

I would be happy with a new guitar hero game, sadly Activision didn't like how the last couple games of the GH franchise sold. Maybe they could learn a thing or two by not dishing out guitar hero games every 6 months. Maybe once a year and a half would be good and actually put time and effort into each game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Actually they said they'd eventually like to make a next gen one
    thanks for the good news, I'd give you reputation but I'm out for today, I'll come back later ;p

xMusiicAddictx, I still have all the games, the worst being DJ Hero
    Apokolypz, they should just NOT make anymore DJ Hero games ;p (or Band Hero, or anything else than Guitar Hero actually. wait, fuck GH entirely. I want RB4 ;p)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

RB isn't for me but, I'd be interested to see what innovations/improvements they could even do with something like this.

PRO Member

I hope that if they come out with Rock Band 4, they will take a page from RockSmith and give you the choice to use REAL instruments or plastic instruments. That would be pretty cool and would give something to both real musicians and wannabe musicians alike.
    Currently working on: Jak 3

Platinums (25): 3D Dot Game Heroes, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by mjglover View Post
    I hope that if they come out with Rock Band 4, they will take a page from RockSmith and give you the choice to use REAL instruments or plastic instruments. That would be pretty cool and would give something to both real musicians and wannabe musicians alike.
    Rock Band 3 pro mode says hello

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Rock Band 3 pro mode says hello
    Those are not real instruments. You have to buy those special for RockBand 3 and they only do MIDI sound.

Platinums (25): 3D Dot Game Heroes, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

Quote Originally Posted by mjglover View Post
    Those are not real instruments. You have to buy those special for RockBand 3 and they only do MIDI sound.
    The only instrument you couldn't [easily] use for Rock Band 3's Pro Mode is a guitar. You COULD use a real guitar with RB3, but it didn't work quite the same as the official Squier/Mustang - it didn't show your finger placement [Which, if you already knew how to play guitar, isn't a big deal - but, if you're just starting out..]. It also required extra, somewhat expensive equipment - but it could be done.

Use Your Own Guitar in Rock Band 3 Pro Modes

You could use pretty much any MIDI keyboard that you wanted, and the ION Drum Rocker is a full fledged electronic drum kit - simply buy a legitimate drum brain for it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Can we also dream of getting a Dj Hero 3?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    The only instrument you couldn't [easily] use for Rock Band 3's Pro Mode is a guitar. You COULD use a real guitar with RB3, but it didn't work quite the same as the official Squier/Mustang - it didn't show your finger placement [Which, if you already knew how to play guitar, isn't a big deal - but, if you're just starting out..]. It also required extra, somewhat expensive equipment - but it could be done.

Use Your Own Guitar in Rock Band 3 Pro Modes

You could use pretty much any MIDI keyboard that you wanted, and the ION Drum Rocker is a full fledged electronic drum kit - simply buy a legitimate drum brain for it.
    Wow, that sounds complicated. And Roland pickups are very expensive. I was just talking about guitar and bass.

Really, what I'm trying to say is I want RockSmith's setup with Rock Band's library and full-band capability. In RockSmith, you literally just plug in a cable and it works with any bass or guitar that has a pickup.

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports