Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Elder Scrolls Online

This is a discussion on The Elder Scrolls Online within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The Elder Scrolls Online has come a long, long way in a short period of time. When last we played ...

Rangers F.C

The Elder Scrolls Online

The Elder Scrolls Online has come a long, long way in a short period of time. When last we played the MMORPG, it lacked that definitive Elder Scrolls feeling. Its exploration, combat, and nearly everything else was pure MMO in an Elder Scrolls skin and it was incredibly attractive.

The Elder Scrolls Online is the Skyrim Sequel We Want - IGN

I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan, this game however did not have me excited in the least, I generally steer well clear of this type of game, but with more and more details about it coming out, I am actually getting pretty excited about it, what about you guys ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 8 - Gold

I watched it live on Twitch... what a boring game. I spent 20 hours on Skyrim till I stopped. Seriously, how do people have 300 hours in that game?

Lvl 7 - Gold

it will be amazing Paulie all of Elder Scrolls in one game, 3 factions in pvp, plus console version. i like the fact that you actually have to aim to hit an enemy.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by BeefcakeJax View Post
    it will be amazing Paulie all of Elder Scrolls in one game, 3 factions in pvp, plus console version. i like the fact that you actually have to aim to hit an enemy.
    Yeah, the aiming was a big plus for me, would not be into just using moves and spells . I really hope I like it, I could easily spend half a year on it lol .

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Yeah, the aiming was a big plus for me, would not be into just using moves and spells . I really hope I like it, I could easily spend half a year on it lol .
    haha I am waiting for that kind of game to be honest, game that you just keep playing everyday for couple years. you think that elder scrolls online might be as big as world of warcraft?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Holy fuck! This look like a Skyrim, but with a multiplayer and alot of more fantastic features! If "this" won't kill that bloody WoW, then I'll be damned!

Rangers F.C

haha I am waiting for that kind of game to be honest, game that you just keep playing everyday for couple years. you think that elder scrolls online might be as big as world of warcraft?
    I think if it takes off it will be a game changer . It will get the usual DLC ( 3 at least ) and they can pretty much do what they like with those, I know a lot of people who love WOW but its old as shit now, this could be the next big thing, like the Star Wars one should have been .

Plus being on console and PC it can potentially have millions of users, anyone who likes Elder Scrolls will at least try it, and there are many, many Elder Scrolls fans, so it will at least get off to a good start, plus I would imagine a lot of the ex WOW crowd will give it a try .

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I think if it takes off it will be a game changer . It will get the usual DLC ( 3 at least ) and they can pretty much do what they like with those, I know a lot of people who love WOW but its old as shit now, this could be the next big thing, like the Star Wars one should have been .
    I am thinking Tom Clancys The Division will be next huge MMO, but its a shooter, I have high hopes when it comes to ESO.

Rangers F.C

I am thinking Tom Clancys The Division will be next huge MMO, but its a shooter, I have high hopes when it comes to ESO.
    You are probably right, it is appealing to a different crowd though .

The One and Only

Not sure if I want to get the PS4 version or the PC version, or both.

The game definitely looks interesting, but I'll wait a few months at the earliest after its release to get it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Not interested in the slightest.

First time developer with a Bethesda engine trying to make a game that not only doesn't have technical "hiccups" (to put it politely) with one person, but with thousands of players at the same time? Good luck with that working out well. A company with some of the absolute worst customer support in existence and slowest patch release window is going to have timely perpetual content, friendly reminders about down time, and competent GMs who are going to help you in a serviceable manner? Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

I am sure that the rabid following will make this an initial success, but like most MMOs, a lack of upkeep, connectivity to your players in not only their ability to play, but to answer their needs, and a lackluster schedule of fixing issues will result in this game being a major failure within months of it's release.

Could I be completely wrong with these assumptions? Sure. But I've played a shit ton of MMOs and almost every time you pair first time developers with MMO, it results in utter failure. I don't care how pretty this looks, or how well they say it is going to run. When beta happens, I am pretty sure that the laundry list of issues and word of mouth will turn most MMO hardcores away, and the lack of basic demands being met will turn away even the most hardcore quite quickly. It's Bethesda after all, and we know how well they listen to the fans.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Not interested in the slightest.

First time developer with a Bethesda engine trying to make a game that not only doesn't have technical "hiccups" (to put it politely) with one person, but with thousands of players at the same time? Good luck with that working out well. A company with some of the absolute worst customer support in existence and slowest patch release window is going to have timely perpetual content, friendly reminders about down time, and competent GMs who are going to help you in a serviceable manner? Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

I am sure that the rabid following will make this an initial success, but like most MMOs, a lack of upkeep, connectivity to your players in not only their ability to play, but to answer their needs, and a lackluster schedule of fixing issues will result in this game being a major failure within months of it's release.

Could I be completely wrong with these assumptions? Sure. But I've played a shit ton of MMOs and almost every time you pair first time developers with MMO, it results in utter failure. I don't care how pretty this looks, or how well they say it is going to run. When beta happens, I am pretty sure that the laundry list of issues and word of mouth will turn most MMO hardcores away, and the lack of basic demands being met will turn away even the most hardcore quite quickly. It's Bethesda after all, and we know how well they listen to the fans.
    Valid points, I hope you are wrong and they have learned lessons from the Skyrim DLC scandal .

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Not sure if I want to get the PS4 version or the PC version, or both.
    Same issue here, since I'm all excited for this game. But most likely, I'll roll with PC ver first.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by stefanovich777 View Post
    Same issue here, since I'm all excited for this game. But most likely, I'll roll with PC ver first.
    I'd probably roll with the PS4 version first, I want to get the copies from lower expected quality to higher expected quality. Since I got the PC version of Skyrim I haven't touched the PS3 version of it again.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I remain cautious but optimistic, on the one hand, it could be a wonderfully engrossing lifesuck, on the other, it could be a mess of ambition.

Still, it is one of the games that i most anticipate for PS4, bug history aside, i can't help but hope for a moderately flawed hit.

Chairman of the Board

Have very high expectations for this game. But like has been said, I just hope they can deliver and not completely screw up. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I'd probably roll with the PS4 version first, I want to get the copies from lower expected quality to higher expected quality. Since I got the PC version of Skyrim I haven't touched the PS3 version of it again.
    Yeah PC for me too I think. Skyrim was a hundred times better on the PC.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well theres like 2 good MMOs out there, World Of Warcraft and Guild Wars2, hopefully this will be the third good one, cause we all know that the rest is shit

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Well theres like 2 good MMOs out there, World Of Warcraft and Guild Wars2, hopefully this will be the third good one, cause we all know that the rest is shit
    This is such an asinine statement, I cannot believe it was made. It would be like saying there are two good FPS franchises, Call of Duty and Battlefield and everything else is "shit." There are dozens of great MMOs from days past til now, and to name two of the most popular as the only good ones shows an extremely narrow-minded viewpoint. If it's your opinion, state it as so, but to proclaim that "we all know that the rest is shit" is one of the most ludicrous statements I've read in a while.

But hey, let's make sweeping generalizations and proclamations. It's the cool thing to do.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Kiwi Defender

Well most popular means that most people enjoy them, that makes these two titles huge in MMO genre, and yes best shooter FPSs are Battlefield and Call of Duty, cause numbers don't lie, millions of people play them everyday. Other MMos are based on their success, they are reaching for whatever they achieved and they fail every time. That's why I'm hoping that Elder Scrolls Online will make a difference. So don't get pissy just because I got little cocky with my statement.
    Word. Twilight is one of the best movie and book series ever. Sale numbers confirm it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Word. Twilight is one of the best movie and book series ever. Sale numbers confirm it.
    Lol I deleted that post, thought I was going overboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast