Maybe a stupid question regarding PS4 trophies? thoughts?

This is a discussion on Maybe a stupid question regarding PS4 trophies? thoughts? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, and maybe it's a horribly stupid question...but you know how the PS3 and the ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Maybe a stupid question regarding PS4 trophies? thoughts?

I haven't seen this posted elsewhere, and maybe it's a horribly stupid question...but you know how the PS3 and the Vita have the cross save function? I know that games like Sound Shapes if you get the platinum on the Vita and then load it up on the PS3 it unlocks all of the trophies without ever playing the game.....would this potentially be the same for games like the new COD that are being made for both the PS3/4? Initially my gut (and I'm fat...so it's a pretty big hunch) is telling me, "no Jason, now go kill yourself". But then at the same time something tells me that it very possibly could....thoughts from the masses?
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

illegal in 9 countries

Sony amended the cross-save / two platinums policy fairly quickly - more recent PS3 <> Vita cross-play games only have the one trophy list. Expect the same for PS3 <> PS4.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ahhh, I actually prefer this method..I don't own a Vita and was more curious than anything. thank you sir - also wasn't aware of the amended policy! Good looking out!
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I have another trophy related question. As far as I know online gameplay might be restricted if you don't have PS+. To my knowledge it'll be up to the developers to decide if PS+ will be required for their games to play online or not.

What is your opinion - and perhaps anybody has concrete feedback from publishers - will there be games that require PS+ in order to get the platinum trophy or will it be more likely that the online part will be either without trophies or DLC-like (trophies won't affect platinum but only percentage).

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well seeing that most major games now days are built to run on various platforms, I supposed the single player to online multiplayer trophy ratio will stay pretty much the same as it is at the moment.
    That's only on the presumption that Sony isn't giving part of the money got from + subscriptions back to the game makers if they have online multiplayer in their game.
    If that happens, then there will be a obvious motive for game makers to make sure online multiplayer trophies are included in any new game.

IMHO I think things will pretty much stay as is.
    These sort of decisions are made very early on in the planning of any particular game, online multiplayer is not something that is tacked on at the end, if anything, it's usually a portion of a game that is omitted due to taking too long to get working properly or budget/personnel short-falls.
    Plus the added needed cost to run servers for the game

Lvl 9 - Gold

So if I got FIFA 14 for PS3 then again on PS4 it would be one trophy list and all my trophies carry over for it?

What about the format it says like PS3/Vita/PS4. What would it say if you had it on both systems if its one list, would it just be the first system you got trophies for it on?

I was wondering this for a while and seems someone else has similar question to me. I personally am not the type who wants a game like FIFA 14 on my trophy collection twice and get more trophies for it as I think its messy and I like things to be neat and don't want to get trophies for the same game so if thats the case I would like it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Not a stupid question!

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by i667090375202107 View Post
    I have another trophy related question. As far as I know online gameplay might be restricted if you don't have PS+. To my knowledge it'll be up to the developers to decide if PS+ will be required for their games to play online or not.

What is your opinion - and perhaps anybody has concrete feedback from publishers - will there be games that require PS+ in order to get the platinum trophy or will it be more likely that the online part will be either without trophies or DLC-like (trophies won't affect platinum but only
    percentage).
    It wouldn't be any different then the Gamer Score on 360 and their games. You need gold to play online and get those achievements, I'd imagine that PS+ and trophies will be the same.

Lvl 5 - Silver

It wouldn't be any different then the Gamer Score on 360 and their games. You need gold to play online and get those achievements, I'd imagine that PS+ and trophies will be the same.
    Hm, what I meant to say was that - to my knowledge - online play for some games will require a PS+ subscription. Does that mean that those who don't have PS+ will be excluded from ever getting the platinum trophy for such a game as long as they don't have PS+?

Let's imagine COD Black Ops 3 will be out on PS4 and requires PS+ to play online. What will be the most likely scenario?
    1. The game will only feature offline trophies.
    2. The game will feature online trophies but as DLC so they don't affect platinum.
    3. The game will feature regluar online trophies and thus a PS+ is required in order to get the platinum trophy.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    so i guess it will be

3. The game will feature regluar online trophies and thus a PS+ is required in order to get the platinum trophy

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    So if I got FIFA 14 for PS3 then again on PS4 it would be one trophy list and all my trophies carry over for it?

What about the format it says like PS3/Vita/PS4. What would it say if you had it on both systems if its one list, would it just be the first system you got trophies for it on?

I was wondering this for a while and seems someone else has similar question to me. I personally am not the type who wants a game like FIFA 14 on my trophy collection twice and get more trophies for it as I think its messy and I like things to be neat and don't want to get trophies for the same game so if thats the case I would like it
    I think people are misunderstanding concepts here.

The PS3/Vita games are cross-play. It means you can start a game on the PS3, and continue it with the same save on the Vita, then go back and use that save on the PS3, and so on. This is why the trophies are shared between the two. There's a few games that don't follow this, like the MLB: The Show series, as they have additional features on the PS3 that the Vita doesn't have.

PS3 and PS4 games will not be like that. Different games, even if they have the same name. There will be no cross play between the two. There may be some that have some sort of cross saving (I just read of one game that will have PS3/Vita/PS4 cross-saving, and that might work out as one trophy list in that case). If it happens, the game has to be specifically designed for it.

As for online play on the PS4, Plus will be required to play online with the exception of Free To Play games (like DC Universe Online).