Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battlefield 4's Graphics Lacking on PS4

This is a discussion on Battlefield 4's Graphics Lacking on PS4 within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; With the arrival of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, EA and DICE have promised to bring the Battlefield PC experience ...

Rangers F.C

Battlefield 4's Graphics Lacking on PS4

With the arrival of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, EA and DICE have promised to bring the Battlefield PC experience to consoles, including massive scale maps, 64 player matches, and 60 frames-per-second gameplay. But up until now, all of the demos we've seen of Battlefield 4 have been running on supercharged PCs, producing jaw-dropping, unsurprisingly gorgeous results. This week at Gamescom, however, I had an opportunity to play Battlefield 4 on a PlayStation 4 development system, and the resulting experience has me worried.
    Gamescom: Battlefield 4's Graphics Lacking on PS4 - IGN
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 8 - Gold

The game's not out yet so that might be an early build, no?

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    The game's not out yet so that might be an early build, no?
    It says in the article that its still under development but seems to be trading graphics for speed .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

what are the graphics like compared to that fuckery BF3 on PS3? I can't say I'm surprised a Battlefield game looks worst on console than running on a PC with everything on high/ultrahigh

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 4 - Silver

The battlefield series has proven to be a good game. It looks pretty much the same. You would think it would have drastic improvements. I will definitely try it out though, can't see myself not playing it. Thanks for the info.

Sig by Pancake Model, Plat bar by xEl_Cidx

Lvl 8 - Gold

I haven't really been a big Battlefield fan (not really all that into FPS's, for that matter, with the exception of Killzone, Halo, Resistance and Bioshock), but I'm actually starting to look forward to Battlefield 4. I don't have a high-powered PC, nor the means to get one (or room for one, for that matter), so I don't really care that it might not run as pretty or as smoothly on the PS4 as it would on a PC. Actually, I've started to get irritated with PC elitists always talking shit about consoles and how much better playing on PC is (because, you know, the game was developed on a PC), like everyone has the time, money, and room for these gaming rigs. Just shut up and allow people to play on whatever they want. But, hey, that's just my crazy opinion. Time for me to get off of my soapbox.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Its an article from ign. Sure if it was on Xbox one. They would have said its the best looking game ever!!! Bias reporting goes nowhere with me. Still getting it on launch date

Check Those Corners

Regardless, it will feel and be fucking fantastic.

Lvl 8 - Gold

1: The footage we seen so far on E3 and Gamescom is STRICTLY ON PC.
    2: Console graphics will never surpass PC.
    3: Chances are, the BF4 he played is still in Beta stage.
    4: IGN article, all relevance lost.

Fight the Future

How many people with PC's will have the game looking as good as the PC demos they've been running? We all know that they were running BF4 on the highest settings and I'd think most PC gamers don't have a PC capable of running BF4 maxed out on everything. So I think a lo of PC gamers will be disappointed when it doesn't look as good as they saw in the E3 and Gamescom demos either.

Still, I'd much rather sacrifice a little bit of graphical fidelity to have bigger and better maps with more players than be stuck with a crappier version, in every single way, like we did with BF3 on consoles.

PRO Member

The beta BF3 looked like shit compared to the full version, anyone who expects the full visual version on a beta is an idiot, it's guaranteed to be toned down for the sake of performance. I don't even think I'd care if it looked that bad, just gimmie 64 player servers and 60fps and I'll be happy

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    Still, I'd much rather sacrifice a little bit of graphical fidelity to have bigger and better maps with more players than be stuck with a crappier version, in every single way, like we did with BF3 on consoles.
    This. Nice graphics are cool and all but I honestly think that some people care too much about it. As long as it plays good it's not that big of a deal to me.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

PRO Member

I don't understand why we are comparing BF4's PC graphics vs consoles... However what ever he played was a beta, in no way what the final version will look like. Not only that but considering they have to put 64 players, 60fps, them having difficulties with the 1080p or something like that I read it's no surprise the graphics will be lacking compared to PC when the PS4 only has a couple of RAM it can actually use...

For me it's always been gameplay over graphics so there is no bitching if the game ends up looking like Call of Duty as long as it plays better.

"PS3T.com Member Since 2009"

Du wirst geil

It was played on a development system for crying out loud! How much credit can you give an IGN source?! Seriously, people, stop with the BS threads or at least change the thread title. For me it was very misleading until I read the quoted text from the article and then reading the site from where the source came from. And until you see a final build of the game, a demo if you will, these kind of threads need to either stop, stop being misleading or actually reliable (no offense to OP). We're seeing, or at least I am, a lot of articles, threads, posts etc., about how some of the PS4 games' graphics are what we're hoping for/expecting. We've still got 3 months, less than, till the system hits. That's plenty of time for devs to put the final touches to the games before they're launched.

And speaking of graphics, and yes I'm aware this is next-gen we're talking about here so we're kind of expecting the next big thing in terms of graphics, but honestly, if all you're interested in is how the game is going to look then you're no better than the Master Race that dog console gamers left, right and center all over the net. Gameplay should be a HUGE factor for most people if you're really wanting a next gen experience. I'll pose this question: How are you going to be able to play a game that has buggy controls and gameplay if the graphics are top-notch? You're more or less looking at a polished turd.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    It says in the article that its still under development but seems to be trading graphics for speed .
    If its below 60 they can sacrifice all they want.

Lvl 8 - Gold

This is the monster PC that ran the Battlefield 4 demo and i doubt a most gamers on pc will have rigs like this.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    This is the monster PC that ran the Battlefield 4 demo and i doubt a most gamers on pc will have rigs like this.
    that article is from April

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    that article is from April
    i know that,whats your point.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post
    It was played on a development system for crying out loud! How much credit can you give an IGN source?! Seriously, people, stop with the BS threads or at least change the thread title. For me it was very misleading until I read the quoted text from the article and then reading the site from where the source came from. And until you see a final build of the game, a demo if you will, these kind of threads need to either stop, stop being misleading or actually reliable (no offense to OP). We're seeing, or at least I am, a lot of articles, threads, posts etc., about how some of the PS4 games' graphics are what we're hoping for/expecting. We've still got 3 months, less than, till the system hits. That's plenty of time for devs to put the final touches to the games before they're launched.

And speaking of graphics, and yes I'm aware this is next-gen we're talking about here so we're kind of expecting the next big thing in terms of graphics, but honestly, if all you're interested in is how the game is going to look then you're no better than the Master Race that dog console gamers left, right and center all over the net. Gameplay should be a HUGE factor for most people if you're really wanting a next gen experience. I'll pose this question: How are you going to be able to play a game that has buggy controls and gameplay if the graphics are top-notch? You're more or less looking at a polished turd.
    Shocking articles either sell newspapers/magazines or generate more page clicks (More ). That's why I can't stand sites like IGN, they just use shock value headlines then completely contradict the headline with the article

In their eyes they'll be getting more clicks for
    "BF4 ON PS4 IS SUB-STANDARD" compared to
    "BF4 ON PS4 IS AS GOOD AS YOU'D IMAGINE, REALLY"

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    i know that,whats your point.
    Are the rigs they used in April same as the ones used at Gamescom?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast