Results 1 to 15 of 15

On the verge of ordering a PS4, just have a couple of questions.

This is a discussion on On the verge of ordering a PS4, just have a couple of questions. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Read through every page on here and watched a bunch of videos, so I know alot of what I need ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    FRANISGREAT999's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8
    Reputation
    0

    On the verge of ordering a PS4, just have a couple of questions.

    Read through every page on here and watched a bunch of videos, so I know alot of what I need to now.

    But just wondering if anyone can shed light on any of the following.

    First, with the news of PS3 ID's, trophies etc carrying over, will it be possible to change your user ID?

    Second, I read it is possible to have your 'real name' as your username. Now i'm not sure if this links to your Facebook and uses whatever name you have on there? If it does then couldn't you change your Facebook name to consequently change your user name? Or better yet make a Facebook with the name you want and link it to the PS4?

    Third, maybe wishful thinking but any news on possible deleting trophies?

    Fourth, any news on any new bundles being made available for pre-order? Currently this is all you can order http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlaySta...1&keywords=ps4

    Now this is obviously just the basic set and games and accessories need to be ordered. About a month ago they had all sorts of bundles, should have pre-ordered one

    Fifth, any idea what the exact price of PS+ will be? UK price.

    That's all, I can think of for now but, I will update with more if, I come up with any.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Reaper_0's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    130
    Reputation
    4

    I really don't know on questions 1, 2, or 4. With the latest firmware update for the vita you can't delete trophies but you can hide the ones you don't want people to see, I assume this feature will carry over to the PS3 and the PS4. PlayStation Plus will carry over and work with the PS4 and the current price is 35.00 for a year subscription. You can buy Plus now and not have to worry about getting it when you get the PS4 and you can enjoy the free games while you wait for your PS4.

  3. #3
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by FRANISGREAT999 View Post
    First, with the news of PS3 ID's, trophies etc carrying over, will it be possible to change your user ID?
    No announcement yet, that I'm aware of. I wouldn't be surprised to see it later as a PS+ feature.

    Quote Originally Posted by FRANISGREAT999
    Second, I read it is possible to have your 'real name' as your username. Now i'm not sure if this links to your Facebook and uses whatever name you have on there? If it does then couldn't you change your Facebook name to consequently change your user name? Or better yet make a Facebook with the name you want and link it to the PS4?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by FRANISGREAT999
    Third, maybe wishful thinking but any news on possible deleting trophies?
    No word yet, but I'd assume it'd eventually be a PS+ feature.

    Quote Originally Posted by FRANISGREAT999
    Fourth, any news on any new bundles being made available for pre-order?
    No word yet, these may be the final bundles. Possibly one more just before launch.

    Quote Originally Posted by FRANISGREAT999
    Fifth, any idea what the exact price of PS+ will be? UK price.
    I'd assume the price will stay the same, so whatever it currently costs.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  4. #4
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    pasta_fire's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    0

    Hoping that you can eventually change your PSN name as well.

  5. #5
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Your real name will only be shown to friends I believe. You will still have your ID




    See here at the top underneath his real name is his PSN ID

  6. #6
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Ashwynn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Toronto,Canada
    Posts
    47
    Reputation
    5

    it would be nice to be able to change you psnID, a lot of people have had theirs for years and it be nice for a change, and then theres kids who picked like, UnicornWrangler (just off the top of my head) u know, something stupid, and now their older, but still want their psn account, just not the name

  7. #7
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    pasta_fire's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwynn View Post
    it would be nice to be able to change you psnID, a lot of people have had theirs for years and it be nice for a change, and then theres kids who picked like, UnicornWrangler (just off the top of my head) u know, something stupid, and now their older, but still want their psn account, just not the name
    Yup. I recently created a new PSN after I sold/bought a PS3. Wanted to start fresh for PS4 with the current PSN that I just created a month or two ago. It was tough losing 1000+ trophies.

  8. #8
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    anti-altair16's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    83
    Reputation
    3

    No word on changing PSN ID's yet but Shuhei Yoshida answered a question about that on Twitter a while ago. He said that it could happen. Who knows though.

    Yes.

    Deleting trophies won't happen.

    PS4's are sold out completely.

    Whatever it costs now.
    PS3, PS Vita, & PS4 owner. I love PlayStation!

  9. #9
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    nemec8's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    brisbane australia
    Posts
    100
    Reputation
    2

    blah the ps3/vita trophies r rooted!, its no good having them in with ps4,s, thanx for doing absolutly nothing for all the hackers on the boards sony, guess all that side of competing they cld care less about, oh well guess il just play hard again, shame was fun while it lasted, , , ps4 trophies screwd b4 its even released, , , blaaah!

  10. #10
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    pasta_fire's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by nemec8 View Post
    blah the ps3/vita trophies r rooted!, its no good having them in with ps4,s, thanx for doing absolutly nothing for all the hackers on the boards sony, guess all that side of competing they cld care less about, oh well guess il just play hard again, shame was fun while it lasted, , , ps4 trophies screwd b4 its even released, , , blaaah!
    What? I couldn't get through even one sentence(sic) of that.

  11. #11
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    nemec8's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    brisbane australia
    Posts
    100
    Reputation
    2

    wateva gramma nazi, ya cant read it get over it, no apoligies here, its the friggin internet not an essay!,

    actualy no i will apoligize, that mita been a lil nasty, but hey im sick of all u tools thinking this has too be a spelling, puncuation masterpiece! . . ITS THE INTERNET, and do yas ever stop to think that english isnt my first language, i think i do a great job of getting my point out considering!

  12. #12
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    FRANISGREAT999's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8
    Reputation
    0

    I put a deposit on a PS4 today, just a standard one and gonna order BF4, Can't wait.

    Yeah changing PSN ID would be nice, I think i'm gonna make two accounts as it would be sad to lose my trophies even though i'm not a trophy hunter and haven't earned one in about 8 months but alot of effort and time has gone into them in the past.

    I think it is kinda silly carrying over trophies though, all the people cheating and game sharing are just gonna stay at the top. Need a fresh start!

    Oh well, see you all on PS4!

  13. #13
    PRO Member
    Curse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    715
    Reputation
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by anti-altair16 View Post
    PS4's are sold out completely.
    That would imply that you can't buy one anywhere

    In actual fact I'm pretty sure it's only the major UK vendors that have sold out their guaranteed launch consoles, you can still pre-order but it's probably an indefinite date set on 'em

  14. #14
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    pasta_fire's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    0

    Looking to preorder one as well. As long as I dont have to pay up front.

  15. #15
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    FRANISGREAT999's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    That would imply that you can't buy one anywhere

    In actual fact I'm pretty sure it's only the major UK vendors that have sold out their guaranteed launch consoles, you can still pre-order but it's probably an indefinite date set on 'em
    I pre-ordered mine with Curry's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO