Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

COD Ghosts upgrade price.

This is a discussion on COD Ghosts upgrade price. within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Call of Duty: Ghosts PS3 owners can upgrade to PS4 version for $10 - Gamechup | Video Game News, Reviews, ...

PRO Member

Lvl 4 - Silver

well why would you even get cod in the first place? o.O

Signature Created by Bladia

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadian94eh View Post
    well why would you even get cod in the first place? o.O
    Really this is just to point out the upgrade price point. There are several games coming out in the next couple of months that will be offering PS4 upgrades to those who purchased the PS3 versions for a "significant discount". This is the first price I've seen and am just putting it out there as a reference point. Has nothing to do really with whether or not you like COD.

Lvl 6 - Silver

That's pretty good! Hope BF4 is a similar price!

Lvl 9 - Gold

10 dollars is a lot less than I was expecting for this whole game upgrade thing, hopefully the other developers are following suit with the pricing, I have a feeling it will be 15 dollars here however if they already have 10 euros and pounds..

PRO Member

Do you trade the disc in? Or is it about the digital copy? Do you get a disc back?
    Great news if they also does this with gta5 and BF4

PRO Member

I hope save game files have a way to transfer as well. I know some developers have mentioned online profiles crossing over.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by OrtonNl View Post
    Do you trade the disc in? Or is it about the digital copy? Do you get a disc back?
    Great news if they also does this with gta5 and BF4
    They are doing it with battlefield as well they just haven't announced what it will cost, most of the messaging is that you get a download code for the same game and any DLC/season pass you buy for the cost of in this case 10 dollars for the game, and season pass stuff is free.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by josh_camp View Post
    I hope save game files have a way to transfer as well. I know some developers have mentioned online profiles crossing over.
    You think there would be different set of trophies for PS3 and 4?
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    They are doing it with battlefield as well they just haven't announced what it will cost, most of the messaging is that you get a download code for the same game and any DLC/season pass you buy for the cost of in this case 10 dollars for the game, and season pass stuff is free.
    Thanks and you could then also play the ps3 game? In that case you got 2 games for 65 euros

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by OrtonNl View Post
    Thanks and you could then also play the ps3 game? In that case you got 2 games for 65 euros
    As far as I know you still keep your physical disc and then have digital version and you could use both but im not sure how the premium/season pass stuff is going to work if it just transfers it right over to ps4 and thats all you can use it on or not.

I have personally been waiting for a deluxe version of Battlefield 4 to appear for PS4.. but still no news on it but if its only 10-15 dollars for me to get a copy of it on ps4 as well I may aswell play the campaign on PS3 and the mutliplayer on Ps4.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/08...stats-to-gen4/

RECEIPT OF BATTLEFIELD 4 CONTENT REQUIRES USE OF YOUR CURRENT ORIGIN ID AND XBOX 360/PS3 ACCOUNT ON GEN 4 CONSOLE. ALL CONTENT TRANSFERS ARE FINAL. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT. EA ONLINE RIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES, ONLINE SERVICES AND DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM/1/SERVICE-UPDATES.
    Makes it seem like your stats just get put across to Ps4 and then they are separate or something like that.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I really want to know how this is going to work, If the ps4 can detect that I have either CoD or BF4 on my profile and it asks if I want to upgrade to the ps4 version for 10$ without needing some sort of In-Game Verification code I am just gonna rent both games and pay the 10$ for the ps4 versions. My goodness I hope that is how it works, lol. I plan on buying both but if I can get away with renting them and then just paying 10$ for the game I am going to do that.
    Playstation 4 day one
    Xbox One day one

INTJ

wonder what happens when you buy a 360 copy and want to upgrade to ps4.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    wonder what happens when you buy a 360 copy and want to upgrade to ps4.
    With battlefield 4 I know that it isnt supposed to work for 360 to ps4 for whatever reason even though its linked via origin... so I guess it will be the same deal with COD.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

With battlefield 4 I know that it isnt supposed to work for 360 to ps4 for whatever reason even though its linked via origin... so I guess it will be the same deal with COD.
    Well I believe the xbox 360 to one version of games are all physical copy trade ins? or did I miss something. I know gamestop and amazon are both doing the trade up to next gen for xbox but I believe they will be taking 25$ for the disc then they add another 25$ on top of that as a trade in bonus. So you would be paying $14.85 (I'm in arizona and games total price is $64.85) but for the playstation its gonna be physical to digital. So I highly doubt you will be able to go xbox > ps4 trade in.

Quick edit, I know amazon is doing physical for physical ps3 to ps4 but you have to mail in your old copy, but why do that when they said you can just upgrade digital, I really want to know how this is going to work.
    Playstation 4 day one
    Xbox One day one

PRO Member

Thanks for the explain Waystedyou
    Will get it then for the ps3 and will have a look then how it goes.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy805 View Post
    Well I believe the xbox 360 to one version of games are all physical copy trade ins? or did I miss something. I know gamestop and amazon are both doing the trade up to next gen for xbox but I believe they will be taking 25$ for the disc then they add another 25$ on top of that as a trade in bonus. So you would be paying $14.85 (I'm in arizona and games total price is $64.85) but for the playstation its gonna be physical to digital. So I highly doubt you will be able to go xbox > ps4 trade in.

Quick edit, I know amazon is doing physical for physical ps3 to ps4 but you have to mail in your old copy, but why do that when they said you can just upgrade digital, I really want to know how this is going to work.
    They dont have a phsyical copy trade in for the next gen copies anywhere in Australia yet, im guessing it will be done with digital copies in mind for the devs/publishers to not loose as much money out of it since the digital copies will be cheaper for them to distribute and then games stores dont get a cut into their profits, although im sure gamestop and co will still be doing physical for physical it just seems a rip off if you can keep your current gen copy and upgrade for 10-15 bucks.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hmmmm interesting. I wouldn't mind buying BF4 on PS3, then upgrading to PS4 for $10. All I'm worried about is the season pass. Will that transfer over as well if I buy it on PS3??

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    Hmmmm interesting. I wouldn't mind buying BF4 on PS3, then upgrading to PS4 for $10. All I'm worried about is the season pass. Will that transfer over as well if I buy it on PS3??
    From what DICE have said in those links I posted earlier yes it transfers, we just don't know how much its going to cost for the nextgen version but I assume they will have to do the same kind of price as activision have stated for COD.

Lvl 7 - Gold

From what DICE have said in those links I posted earlier yes it transfers, we just don't know how much its going to cost for the nextgen version but I assume they will have to do the same kind of price as activision have stated for COD.
    Yeah, cause theres no way in hell i'm buying the season pass again lolol. And I really like the idea of getting a digital code of the game for the upgraded console.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast