PS4 will have voice commands when a PS eye is plugged in

This is a discussion on PS4 will have voice commands when a PS eye is plugged in within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PlayStation 4 features voice command capabilities, Sony confirms | Polygon PlayStation 4 will feature voice command capabilities through its Eye ...

INTJ

PS4 will have voice commands when a PS eye is plugged in

PlayStation 4 features voice command capabilities, Sony confirms | Polygon

PlayStation 4 will feature voice command capabilities through its Eye camera peripheral, Sony confirmed with Polygon.

"Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that PlayStation Camera allows for voice recognition and we will look forward to sharing more details in the lead up to the launch of PlayStation 4 on November 29," a Sony Computer Entertainment spokesperson told Polygon.

During Sony's presentation at the recent GameStop Expo 2013 in Las Vegas, SCEA's group manager of retail training and advocacy Sean Coleman outlined PlayStation 4 features, including a brief overview of the camera's capabilities.

In video captured of the presentation by YouTube user lex1020 (seen below at the 5:30 mark), a description of the camera reads "From navigational voice commands to facial recognition, the PlayStation Camera adds incredible innovation to your gaming."

"When you add the PlayStation camera into the mix, the pair works together to expand upon system features and enhance your PlayStation 4 experience," Coleman says. "The new stereoscopic lenses track your body movements in games or even recognize your face easier system navigation."

PlayStation 4 will launch on Nov. 15 in North America for $399 and Nov. 29 in Europe for 399. PlayStation Eye camera will be sold separately and will retail for $59 in North America and 49 in Europe.

are you guys goin to get a Kinect PS Eye?

Negator

Goddamnit.

Kid, not loser

Don't think I will ever use it. I mumble too much anyway. Just another thing some converts are wanting now, I guess.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'll get it just because I like to have that stuff. I have the EyeToy, PS Eye, PS Move and Wonderbook crap so I'll probably pick this thing up eventually. I'm interested in the Playroom DLC because Double Fine said they are doing some DLC for it so that might be cool.

PRO Member

Those things can never understand me anyway so I doubt me ever using it

DON'T BLINK

I had the eye for PS3, but then ended up giving it to my little brother. It was fun, I just didn't use it that much. Would I get it again if/when I get a PS4? Possibly. Now that I have a son of my own, eventually he'll get into gaming and that might be something he'd enjoy.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)