Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Sony to reveal PS4 Virtual Reality headset at TGS

This is a discussion on Sony to reveal PS4 Virtual Reality headset at TGS within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony is preparing to reveal the final piece of its PS4 hardware strategy at TGS by showcasing a PlayStation-branded virtual ...

  1. #1
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Sony to reveal PS4 Virtual Reality headset at TGS



    Sony is preparing to reveal the final piece of its PS4 hardware strategy at TGS by showcasing a PlayStation-branded virtual reality head-mounted display, CVG has learned.
    News: Sony to reveal PS4 Virtual Reality headset at TGS - ComputerAndVideoGames.com



    I just heard about this so cannot confirm, if it is true this would be awesome but we will see .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  2. #2
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    AKA Sony unveils oculus rift wannabe and claims it was pure innovation

    i don't trust their Headset stuff like that since i tried one at a sony store. it was seriously worse then the stuff you do at disney quest

  3. #3
    Forget I Was Ever Here
    Yoo_Hoo_Sniper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,628
    Reputation
    661

    Sony found a cure for the headaches?



    It is time for me to go underground

  4. #4
    PRO Member
    Tmac718's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, U.S.
    Posts
    704
    Reputation
    27

    I couldn't sit in my house and wear those! I feel like a big enough goofball wearing my pulse elite headset. My girl says I look like a pilot! Now if I turned my living room into the set of star trek then yes Id rock them.

    Look at that guy in the pic! they couldn't make him look cooler? Why wouldn't he lay on the couch or sit in a better chair lol.

    I would love to snag these up for shits and giggles but I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to handle it. I would get headaches and nausea from them bad boys no doubt.

  5. #5
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    AKA Sony unveils oculus rift wannabe and claims it was pure innovation

    i don't trust their Headset stuff like that since i tried one at a sony store. it was seriously worse then the stuff you do at disney quest

    Who could claim the innovation ? it would not be Oculas Rift . VR is a really old idea, I am just glad it is starting to be taken more seriously .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  6. #6
    PRO Member
    Tmac718's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast, U.S.
    Posts
    704
    Reputation
    27

    Yea Dave and Busters had a VR gaming set up almost 20 years ago for a while. Its just VR is a cooler Idea then it is in "reality". Oculus Rift was not innovative either they just hopped on a very old abandoned way to game.

  7. #7
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Who could claim the innovation ? it would not be Oculas Rift . VR is a really old idea, I am just glad it is starting to be taken more seriously .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac718 View Post
    Oculus Rift was not innovative either they just hopped on a very old abandoned way to game.
    it actually innovated though.


    Old VR Headsets have problems involving latency and Viewangles, which causes motion sickness and other things. Oculus rift is the first headset that fixed that. Even John Carmack is on board with it.

  8. #8
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    VR is a really old idea, I am just glad it is starting to be taken more seriously .
    Nobody takes VR seriously.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  9. #9
    Rise Above
    ALL-HAIL-LEADER's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sony HQ's
    Posts
    526
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Nobody takes VR seriously.
    maybe in 2023, VR will be accepted

  10. #10
    PRO Member
    Curse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    715
    Reputation
    102

    I used some kind of VR headset this year at a convention, it was completely shit.

    Can't remember who made it, but you were turning your head to to control what would be the right stick on a controller, it felt so clumsy that it defeated the purpose

  11. #11
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Nobody takes VR seriously.
    Right on cue as usual with the negativity .

    Anyway it has not been taken seriously in the past because the tech was shit, thats not the case now . I bet they fly off the shelves once the Rift showcases a solid experience . Hell, I bet you even get one .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  12. #12
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    M40A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    847
    Reputation
    24

    I don't see how this can work at the moment. People don't even care about 3D gaming, let alone something like this.

  13. #13
    Buy my book, Alteration
    Digitalman123's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a very very... maaaaad wooorld
    Posts
    2,735
    Reputation
    80

    Never really cared for VR stuff.


    Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

  14. #14
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Right on cue as usual with the negativity .

    Anyway it has not been taken seriously in the past because the tech was shit, thats not the case now .
    The tech is irrelevant. Nobody wants to look like the 3rd member of Daft Punk while playing video games.



    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  15. #15
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    M40A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    847
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    The tech is irrelevant. Nobody wants to look like the 3rd member of Daft Punk while playing video games.

    I seriously can't stop laughing omg lmaooo

  16. #16
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by M40A3 View Post
    I don't see how this can work at the moment. People don't even care about 3D gaming, let alone something like this.
    I think the main problem is the loss of resolution not the experience . I think it adds to the immersion a great deal, but even I don't game in 3D much now because the trade off is too great . I am hoping it gets better on next gen, the 3D TV side of things is taking off big time now because 3D is standard, plus its on Netflix and loads of AAA movies used it in the last year .

    I predict a bright future for 3D but probably after glass free TV's .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  17. #17
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    The tech is irrelevant. Nobody wants to look like the 3rd member of Daft Punk while playing video games.

    I bet people felt stupid wearing a motorcycle helmet at first .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  18. #18
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    M40A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    847
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I think the main problem is the loss of resolution not the experience . I think it adds to the immersion a great deal, but even I don't game in 3D much now because the trade off is too great . I am hoping it gets better on next gen, the 3D TV side of things is taking off big time now because 3D is standard, plus its on Netflix and loads of AAA movies used it in the last year .

    I predict a bright future for 3D but probably after glass free TV's .
    3D is standard? I don't think so. HDTV are standards, because literally everything we watch is on HD. I get your point but as of now, I doubt VR will work. 4k is right around the corner, and that may push it a bit, but it still won't be a big leap. I think for VR to work, like you said, is the resolution.

    Sidenote: I'm literally crying at the picture Helyx posted lol.

  19. #19
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    The tech is irrelevant. Nobody wants to look like the 3rd member of Daft Punk while playing video games.

    Oculus rift looks like this currently




    vr headsets are cool as shit.


    and there's a bunch of cool shit being made for the oculus







    even valve supports oculus rift and already has it implemented in TF2.



  20. #20
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,619
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I bet people felt stupid wearing a motorcycle helmet at first .
    What type of danger are we in while playing video games?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Oculus rift looks like this currently
    Even backing from Carmack isn't enough to get me to try the VirtuaBoy again.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO