View Poll Results: The Last Of Us For The PS4?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Port

    5 35.71%
  • Redesign

    9 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

The Last Of Us For The PS4?

This is a discussion on The Last Of Us For The PS4? within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Do you think naughty dog will release a port for the PlayStation 4? or redesign it, you may also leave ...

  1. #1
    I make lego out of you!
    prototypehobo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    534
    Reputation
    104

    The Last Of Us For The PS4?

    Do you think naughty dog will release a port for the PlayStation 4? or redesign it, you may also leave your thoughts too if you like.
    Making plat cards

  2. #2
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    141
    Reputation
    7

    Nope, ain't happening.

  3. #3
    Buy my book, Alteration
    Digitalman123's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a very very... maaaaad wooorld
    Posts
    2,735
    Reputation
    80

    I don't think it'll leave PS3.


    Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

  4. #4
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    M40A3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    847
    Reputation
    24

    Nope. We still haven't gotten any DLC. Next ND game will be on PS4.

  5. #5
    Check Those Corners
    CallmeNasty's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,541
    Reputation
    45

    Do I think we will see a direct sequel? No.

    Do I think we will see a port? No.

    DO I think they will make another one with different people/setting? Yes.


  6. #6
    Two Time MotM (2012/2013)
    U.M.A._Mailman19's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,442
    Reputation
    191

    Don't get your hopes up

    Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)


  7. #7
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Nah that will never happen

    you'll just get it through Gaikai

    There will probably be a sequel for PS4 though given the success it has

  8. #8
    I make lego out of you!
    prototypehobo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    534
    Reputation
    104

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Nah that will never happen

    you'll just get it through Gaikai

    There will probably be a sequel for PS4 though given the success it has
    hope so
    Making plat cards

  9. #9
    I make lego out of you!
    prototypehobo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    534
    Reputation
    104

    Quote Originally Posted by CMN View Post
    Do I think we will see a direct sequel? No.

    Do I think we will see a port? No.

    DO I think they will make another one with different people/setting? Yes.
    can't wait for that when i get a PS4, let's all hope they do
    Making plat cards

  10. #10
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    It's perfect where it is, on the current gen, it's not needed to be ported. In fact, the less games to be ported or HD remaked the better, memories are best left where they sprung from most of the time.

  11. #11
    Fight the Future
    Parker's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Wind Squid Pub
    Posts
    836
    Reputation
    64

    I'd much rather Naughty Dog spend their time making a new title for the PS4 instead of porting a game I already have.



  12. #12
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    T-Money2319's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    77
    Reputation
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    It's perfect where it is, on the current gen, it's not needed to be ported. In fact, the less games to be ported or HD remaked the better, memories are best left where they sprung from most of the time.
    There's a lot of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X fans who would definitely disagree with this statement.

    That being said, I can't see them porting this game to PS4. I think it would be a waste of development time for Naughty Dog, and they would rather put that time towards making a PS4 masterpiece (maybe a sequel with new character/story/etc.).
    Last Platinum: #18 - Velocity 2X

    Currently Playing: Minecraft (PS4), Deus Ex: Human Revolution

    Check out my blog about video games!
    Latest post: The Crew - Beta Impressions: Exploring USA One Highway at a Time

  13. #13
    Puns always intended.
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    One dimension short of being in a 3D game.
    Posts
    2,432
    Reputation
    161

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Money2319 View Post
    There's a lot of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X fans who would definitely disagree with this statement.

    That being said, I can't see them porting this game to PS4. I think it would be a waste of development time for Naughty Dog, and they would rather put that time towards making a PS4 masterpiece (maybe a sequel with new character/story/etc.).
    PS2 to PS3 is a far bigger gap than PS3 to PS4, the HD remakes have been pretty welcome on PS3 yet i don't feel any different in my longstanding opinion for playing the likes of Jak And Daxter, MGS2 and 3, Hitman Trilogy and ICO with polished looks and dings.
    The Last Of Us is very much a game of its time. Why bother remaking it when you should be able to obtain the trophy set now with one of the best titles on the PS3. It already looks heavily detailed and immersive, what will a sheen of resolution do to improve upon that?

    Like you say, ND should focus on bringing a fresher game out for PS4 instead of wasting time and money on a needless port.

  14. #14
    I make lego out of you!
    prototypehobo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    534
    Reputation
    104

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Money2319 View Post
    There's a lot of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X fans who would definitely disagree with this statement.

    That being said, I can't see them porting this game to PS4. I think it would be a waste of development time for Naughty Dog, and they would rather put that time towards making a PS4 masterpiece (maybe a sequel with new character/story/etc.).
    well look at it from this point of view... they made uncharted then they made a second version & then third, so we can all assume there will be (the last of us 2) i can't see them dropping the story because the ending looked liked it was gonna be continued, who knows maybe we will get a second game on the PS4, time will tell... :]
    Making plat cards

  15. #15
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    T-Money2319's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    77
    Reputation
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBO3AG13 View Post
    well look at it from this point of view... they made uncharted then they made a second version & then third, so we can all assume there will be (the last of us 2) i can't see them dropping the story because the ending looked liked it was gonna be continued, who knows maybe we will get a second game on the PS4, time will tell... :]
    Naughty Dog has said multiple times that Joel and Ellie's story is done and they wouldn't be featured in any future sequel (if made). Here is just one of the articles citing that:

    Naughty Dog Comment On Potential “The Last Of Us” Sequel

    However, any sequels will be in the same world as in the first installment.
    Last Platinum: #18 - Velocity 2X

    Currently Playing: Minecraft (PS4), Deus Ex: Human Revolution

    Check out my blog about video games!
    Latest post: The Crew - Beta Impressions: Exploring USA One Highway at a Time

  16. #16
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    Reaper_0's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    130
    Reputation
    4

    My guess is there will be several ps3 games ported over to the ps4 but they wont be made by the initial developers just like the ps2 hd remakes. It is possible

  17. #17
    I make lego out of you!
    prototypehobo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    534
    Reputation
    104

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Money2319 View Post
    Naughty Dog has said multiple times that Joel and Ellie's story is done and they wouldn't be featured in any future sequel (if made). Here is just one of the articles citing that:

    Naughty Dog Comment On Potential €œThe Last Of Us€ Sequel

    However, any sequels will be in the same world as in the first installment.
    yeah that proves my point! but don't you think the ending was a bit dead end type of ending? if you know what i mean :]
    Making plat cards

  18. #18
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Its would not do the game any justice just making a PS4 version. They still got the whole Last of Us universe to play with, I would love it if they told the story again through different peoples experience and left Joel and Ellie alone, possibly giving them a tie in here and there .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  19. #19
    I make lego out of you!
    prototypehobo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    534
    Reputation
    104

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Its would not do the game any justice just making a PS4 version. They still got the whole Last of Us universe to play with, I would love it if they told the story again through different peoples experience and left Joel and Ellie alone, possibly giving them a tie in here and there .
    great idea you have there! let's hope they do that :]
    Making plat cards

  20. #20
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    crewe-fox's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    406
    Reputation
    4

    Doubt it will leave the ps3, but IF it did redesign but only to lengthen the awesomeness that is this game plus add a ton of MP stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO