Naughty Dog on Entering the Next Generation

This is a discussion on Naughty Dog on Entering the Next Generation within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Do you guys plan on making a big entrance into next-gen with your next game? Naughty Dog: We always make ...

Deathless Destroyer

Naughty Dog on Entering the Next Generation

Do you guys plan on making a big entrance into next-gen with your next game?
    Naughty Dog: We always make a big entrance.
    Naughty Dog Answers Last of Us Questions Among Other Things

This should be good...
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 8 - Gold

I wonder if their going to make a new game, or continue the Uncharted series. If you want my opinion, I'd say make a new game considering how successful LOU was, but I bet Sony will push them to make Uncharted. Though I highly doubt we will see another NaughtyDog game in a year or so.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

They did a fantastic job with The Last Of Us and i see it as them moving upward as a developer, as a result, i'd rather they try another new IP before returning to any established franchise.

Whatever comes next though, it'll be huge in impact.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i wanna see an Uncharted 4, before anything else lol, i still haven't been able to get into The Last of Us.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I dont really get this, there are no technical issues but we couldnt put it in because of RAM? Lol
    Why weren’t there any 3 way fights between Joel, hunters, and infected in the single player? Was it a technical issue?
    Not a technical issue. We actually had the tech to do it, it just never fit with the story.
    Was any sequence cut from the game that either of you wish could have made the final cut?
    Infected vs humans would’ve been awesome, and there were 3 (I think? hard to remember right now) areas in the game we had it slated, but as we got deeper in production & animations & models started getting fleshed out, it came down to such a huge memory hit that we couldn’t afford it without rather large re-jiggering… so we opted to cut it. Yeah… I know

The Stereotype Killer

Ohhhhhhh this makes me curious!
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

An Uncharted with full singleplayer co-op and with a multiplayer worth a damn would be very cool

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    I dont really get this, there are no technical issues but we couldnt put it in because of RAM? Lol
    [/I]
    [/INDENT]

I suppose it means they could have done it but would have to rework existing parts of the game to fit it. Basically, they gave a bit more muscle to some things that they could have dialled down a bit.

Yeah, it still sounds confusing but i get the basic point of what they meant but i lack the skills to explain it properly.

PRO Member

Cant wait the next move of ND

Lvl 10 - Platinum

They are working on something for the PS4 and it will probably be announced at TGS. A lot of big wigs around my circle of associates have said that it should be another Uncharted game so they can show off what they can do graphically with a new console and they're amazing at getting the full potential out of it.

Make it more open world, be able to level your guns and modify them, different set pieces i.e. driving/plane/boat battles more
    elaborately done.

INTJ

How difficult was it bringing this new IP to the PS3 so late in its life cycle and where’s UnKarted?

1) It was surprisingly much easier that we thought It’d be. Sony has a lot of trust with us.

2) UnKarted: Train Combat Racing X is on it’s way.

if it's actually coming naughtydog will raise a few levels in my game dev respect book

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    if it's actually coming naughtydog will raise a few levels in my game dev respect book
    Really, you have a "respect book" for devs? That's really sad - I'm guessing that Bethesda is at the height of your "respect".
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Alright so lets make an uncharted 4 and last of us 2 and possibly 3 and then I would be happy!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Really, you have a "respect book" for devs? That's really sad - I'm guessing that Bethesda is at the height of your "respect".
    bethesda is good tier

messes up at times but has promise to do better

naughty dog in same spot