Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS4 excitement level as release date approaches

This is a discussion on PS4 excitement level as release date approaches within the General PS4 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; As November 15 approaches i find myself really looking forward to get my hands on one of those badboys. i ...

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

PS4 excitement level as release date approaches

As November 15 approaches i find myself really looking forward to get my hands on one of those badboys. i preordered my PS4 online last week and i just get at little bit more hyped each day. i have a BestBuy giftcard for 50 dollars so im still deciding if i should buy another year of PS+ right now (i still have till march of next year) or Killzone Shadow Fall (maybe ill put my name down for the trophy guide?). either way i want it soon . what about you guys? anyone getting excited about getting it the day of or shortly after and looking forward o playing anything in specific during the launch window?

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

illegal in 9 countries

I've preordered both the PS4 and the XB1 because I want the launch hardware models, but I'm happy to dine on PSN & XBL freebies for awhile.

I've preordered no games for either platform, nor do I have plans to buy any for maybe 6 months. I'll probably cave and get a couple of games a few months down the track as tech demos...as long as the price is right and the reviews are solid.

I'm sure we'll see most Sony first party titles on PS+ for free eventually, just as we have for the Vita, so I'll hold onto my cookies and ride out the initial hype storm and wait for the good stuff to arrive. God knows my backlog is big enough as it is, so I'm in no hurry.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 9 - Gold

GTA V, BF4 Beta and Batman game along with my backlog will keep me busy until release for sure.

Still I am looking forward to the PS4 but nothing I really want to get that i wouldn't of been getting on ps3 anyway apart from KZ:SF

PRO Member

My excitement grows each day. Now only 2 months away and I have had it preordered since e3. KZ SF is a must play for me and canot wait to get my hands on it.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

PRO Member

I'm desperate for Ps4 but I'll have to wait til 29th November a few days after my birthday. I do have xbone preordered but I may cancel it because I've never preordered a console before and I want Ps4 to be my first as I much prefer PlayStation over any other platform.

PRO Member

I hope it will be quickly 29th of november. Pre order it months ago and got the camera and driveclub and watch dogs. I did not order bf4 and cod because i will get them on the ps3 and hope there is some trade in for the ps4.
    But everyday we are a step closed to the sell date and lets hope it wont be a let down and there are not many errors in it.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

November might come too soon for me as I still have a small backlog of PS3 games to work through. But no matter, I am buying the PS4 on release day, my wallet be damned! It will be nice to play FFXIV and GTAV on PS4, instead of PS3, though they may have free upgrades from the PS3 to the PS4, I think. \^o^/
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Kid, not loser

I went to Bestbuy over a month ago to pre-order but they made a new girl do it to help me. She kept thinking my card was declined(it wasn't, still isn't). So I thought I would come back the next week when I have time because I didn't want to make the girl look like anymore of an idiot for trying and trying and her refusal to get more help because she was determined she was right. I come back, and they're sold out -_- Try Gamestop, they're sold out. Eff you girl!!! Eff Bestbuy as a whole for their lack of employee training on EVERYTHING!

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post

GTA V, BF4 Beta and Batman game along with my backlog will keep me busy until release for sure.

Still I am looking forward to the PS4 but nothing I really want to get that i wouldn't of been getting on ps3 anyway apart from KZ:SF
    Oh so it does have a power button! I thought you just pressed the PS button on the controller

PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 by Dec14 / $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

O_o

I'm excited, but I've decided to wait until next summer, sounds like a great birthday gift to myself.

Alos, Sony should release a VITA/PS4 bundle for $100 more, or something.

Deathless Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    I'm excited, but I've decided to wait until next summer, sounds like a great birthday gift to myself.

Also, Sony should release a VITA/PS4 bundle for $100 more, or something.
    That would make them lose more money than they apparently already are - they lose a bit of money per PS4 because of the low price-point (nothing even remotely like the PS3's condition though..). They'll probably release that sort of bundle when the parts for the PS4 drop a tiny bit.

PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 by Dec14 / $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Oh so it does have a power button! I thought you just pressed the PS button on the controller
    You can turn it on by using controller PS button also or phone if you go on store apparently.

Lvl 5 - Silver

i would have bought it on the 29th of november but since i didn't preorder it i'm not sure i can play at day one. didn't think it was necessary to preorder it and i could just go to a store to buy it on the day of release.
    PS2 slim silver - PS3 super slim 500gb - PSVita pch1104 - PS4

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    That would make them lose more money than they apparently already are - they lose a bit of money per PS4 because of the low price-point (nothing even remotely like the PS3's condition though..). They'll probably release that sort of bundle when the parts for the PS4 drop a tiny bit.
    Then 200 or 250 more. Either way, I think it's be a good opportunity, especially with the big push in cross-play and those other things.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sept-sept View Post
    i would have bought it on the 29th of november but since i didn't preorder it i'm not sure i can play at day one. didn't think it was necessary to preorder it and i could just go to a store to buy it on the day of release.
    I would still try and go in they are holding back any spares after preorder numbers are filled so that people can buy them in store.
    PlayStation 4 Stock Held Back to Combat Shortages - IGN

Lvl 1 - Bronze

have to wait 2 weeks in australia, nov 29th release. still keen, got AC, NBA 2K, Killzone preordered along with it

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    My excitement grows each day. Now only 2 months away and I have had it preordered since e3. KZ SF is a must play for me and canot wait to get my hands on it.
    wanna co-op the guide? lol

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I went to Bestbuy over a month ago to pre-order but they made a new girl do it to help me. She kept thinking my card was declined(it wasn't, still isn't). So I thought I would come back the next week when I have time because I didn't want to make the girl look like anymore of an idiot for trying and trying and her refusal to get more help because she was determined she was right. I come back, and they're sold out -_- Try Gamestop, they're sold out. Eff you girl!!! Eff Bestbuy as a whole for their lack of employee training on EVERYTHING!
    damn what a bitch. i wouldve just called the manager to to do it for me. you should try online, they might have some copies left. i preordered mine on the 7th and every retailer was sold out by then. found that they stil had preorders running on Best Buy online and preordered one immediatley. you should check, they may still have some

The Playboy Wikipedia

I've preordered the PS4, but I myself won't be able to play it as it's going with my brother when he moves out. So for this reason, my excitement for it isn't as high as it should be. Yeah I'll get it on the day of release (I'm confirmed to get one of the first PS4's released at EB Games), but I'm not gonna be able to play it whenever I can.

Doesn't help that I don't get much money at work, so I'm unable to pay much towards said preorder.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Rangers F.C

I think I will wait till after Christmas now, I just bought a new PC before rebirth launches on PC

Intel I7 4770K
    16GB corsair vengeance ram
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2GB
    250GB Samsung SSD
    1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
    Blu-ray Drive

Plus loads of other shit I am not sure exactly what they do lol
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast